High morning sugar question

• Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question. Sometimes in the monring I have high sugars. I know I need to eat something but how do I approach my high sugars? I know I shouldn't eat something that will sky rocket my sugar any more.

How do you deal with hight before meal (am) sugars? I dont see my doctor for a couple more weeks.

Thanks!
  • When is the last time you ate before fasting prick test? And what did it compose of?

I'd look there first for clues. Make sure you get enough protein at each meal and aren't going over 500 calories. around 500 calories per meal spaced out 4 hours apart works for me.

The goal is spreading it out at even paces over the day, not bunching it all up at dinner.

I also drink green tea at bed time to help bring it down.

A.
  • Walking is a great way to drive down blood sugar, but NOT over night though! Over a period of 4 months, my A1C was down one year ago from 7.6 to 6.0.

I walk one hour per day (5 days per week). I believe the diet, walking, and high doses of omega 3s are the contributing factors.

Good luck as you try to get this under control!
  • Thank you ladies.

I just got back into walking again, the weather and laziness got the best of me. But i'm doing the Couch25k plan and its going good. I have found that working out does do wonders for sugars. I'll need to be more aware of what i'm eating and plan better. Thanks!
  • I agree that walking after dinner (in the evening) is a great way to bring your sugars down for the next morning. Also, if you snack in the evening, only have a protein snack like cheese, nuts, egg, or meat, and see if that works for you. I agree that drinking green tea helps some people too.
  • Justwant,

Oh thats a good idea, I hadn't tought of eating protein. I get snacky and I was eating like mini popcorn or some other carb. I'm going to really try and cut out the evening snacking.

Thanks ladies, I really appriciate the support
  • Astrophe,
    I'm a lover of Green Tea.Does Green Tea leave a film in your Mouth?Thank you for mentioning drinking before Bedtime.I'm gonna give your suggestion a go,but will have to re-brush my Teeth and Tongue!
  • I stopped drinking bagged green tea. I go to a specialty shop and buy loose leaf Peppermint Green tea and I have an infusion set

Tastes sooo much better and doesn't leave any bad taste in my mouth!

I even got DH drinking a Black lemon tea now (I had to buy him a yellow submarine tea infuser, but if he's happy drinking it that way, then so am I!)