Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 08:25 AM   #31  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post

Thin - 155! Congratulations! You've lost so much and I'm sure you look amaaaaazing.
I'm going to catch up to you, skinny minnie! Congrats on meeting your goal, what a great accomplishment! It's been a long road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
Hmmm... an oral vaccine to prevent traveler's diarrhea... you know, since vaccines put a little bit of the virus into your system, and sometimes you feel a little bit like whatever virus you're getting vaccine
you're right, after I took the vaccine.. I read up on it I basically gave myself a dose of cholera bacteria - but a harmless strain of it... so now my system is producing antibodies to fight it, and in a few weeks if I get hit with the real bacteria - I've got all the antibodies ready to go, so I shouldn't get sick.

I got real hot and flushed in the face an hour after taking it, and then I was suddenly exhausted and had to go to bed. I feel okay this morning... so far.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 11-06-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:41 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, Good Morning . . . etcetera

We have sunshine but it is a little cool out there -- Hey it's that time of year I guess. So I'll settle for sunshine. BGL was a very happy 5.4 (97) this morning and that is helping me feel nice and sunny on the inside, too.

Congratulations SHANE Good luck with the maintenance over the holidays. Someday, they will perfect that continuous monitoring and, hopefully, make it available at a semi-reasonable cost.

Hi there MONET. I have this wonderfully vivid picture of you running down the street pushing a stroller in front of you. Have fun . . .

Anyway gang . . . I'm going out to play in the sunshine . . . keep things moving and shaking today and I will see you all a little later. . .
Old 11-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #33  
Happy New Rears!

It was pretty cold here this morning, I could see my breath!

I didn't take my BG this morning, after the vaccine and a swiss chalet dinner I didn't want to know.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:11 AM   #34  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all and congrats on the wt lossed and goal wt I saw,,good for you and all your hard work,,,I finally changed my ticker tape not 204 anymore but 219 now,,,urrrr,,only me to blame,,so hopefully will be moving it down in a week or so,,,my bs was 89 this morning,,feeling pretty good,,,cold and frosty out but pretty clear,,,still making jam today,almost have the rasb done and then only strawberry left to do already did the plum,,will end up with about 75 jars altogether,,gifts for my christmas baskets,,,

Thanks for all the warm welcome backs sure made me feel nice and warm inside , you all are great,,,and I have missed coming here so much and the contant support it gives me,,

Welcome to all the new names I saw,,,later have a wonderful day,,anyone else out there stressing over christmas yet ?,,ha,,Jeanne
Old 11-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #35  
minimouth

S/C/G: 274/255/160

Height: 5' 2"

For November . . . I plan to continue down that road and -- drum roll pleaaase -- kick my Cool Whip addiction -- Now, there is nothing wrong with a little CW; but I cannot 'do' a little CW. It's gotten so it's like ice cream, chocolate, and peanut butter in my hands. No control whatsoever.

Meowee,
Here is a suggestion for kicking the CW addiction. Set the bowl in a warm place and wait for it to melt. Take the lid off and if you can - take a gulp. It is so nasty you may never want to look at a bowl of Cool Whip again much less eat it! Cured my 3 small grandchildren!!!

Carolyn

Last edited by minimouth; 11-06-2007 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added name
Old 11-06-2007, 12:56 PM   #36  

Morning everyone.. its frosty cold out this am.. daisy slid off the steps on her way down..she hasnt experienced snow and ice yet.. she had the most shocked look on her little furry face..my sl was 114 this am i remembered to do it.. abit high for me but stress will do that..jeanne welcome back i really really missed you.. shane those are awsome pictures congrats on reaching your goal weight..monet hope the pots turn out great..thin hope the cure worked without to many btrm troubles,how did your dd handle it ?..welcomeCarolyn ..morning mewoee enjoy the sun.. i just realized that thanksgiving is just around the corner..so i usually have everyone here so that means some extra house work etc etcbut we do pot luck so that really helps..what do u all do for thanksgiving ? as far as eating goes i sample a little of everything for the one meal and then go back to my food plan..anyways chickies i'd best get something accomplished today ttfn (((hugs))) rosey
Old 11-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #37  

Hi everybody, I'm a newbie, usually just Meech for short.

I'm type 1 and started afresh last week trying to lose some weight. I've been diabetic since my first birthday so I ought to know the ropes but some bad lifestyle choices have seen my weight rise to 231 pounds in recent years. Today I'm celebrating losing my first two of sixty three pounds!

I get bored really easily so am not following any set diet plan, counting calories or anything too heavy. To start with I've just cut the rubbish out of my diet, the caffeine, the alcohol, sweet things and cheese have all gone and I've got a pedometer that I'm trying to clock up 10,000 steps daily too.

My blood sugar levels are usually pretty good until work goes nuts (my other half and I own a pub and restaurant) when I tend to have some major hypos at times. Am working on levelling all that and being a good diabetic.

That's about it. Love to know how that anti-diahorrea vaccine goes, I've had food poisoning on 2 holidays (one my honeymoon in Mexico!) which have seen me hospitalised and on a drip as I seem to have a poor immune system.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:06 PM   #38  
Onward and Downward

to the group MEECH and too. Have a read of the Sticky entitled "Getting to Know You" for a little info about most of us . . . obviously, the majority of us are Type II (just like the majority of all diabetics) but we do have a couple of type I's floating around with us. Good luck on the journey . . . we are all here to cheer you on.

Wow CAROLYN, never thought of that, but not suprised. After all Cool Whip is a petroleum product. Imagine it would be like drinking gasoline. Yuck. so far I'm doing fine just be not having it in the house.

Watching Daisy skidding around must have been precious ROSEY. Luckily our Thanksgiving is long past. No more violent temptations until Christmas for me.

Well THIN. As much as I like to read you the riot act from time to time, I do understand. I've had those kind of mornings too. Just don't let it turn into a habit.

Wowee JEANNE . . . I'm starting to thinking about how great your home must smell right now. Don't know how you can stay so strong in the face of all that temptations; but keep up the good work.

Have a great evening doing lots and lots of good stuff, gang . . . see you later.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:32 PM   #39  

I meant to ask and forgot, whats a Cool Whip?
Old 11-06-2007, 05:40 PM   #40  
Onward and Downward

Fake Whipped Cream . . . basically low fat, low calorie . . . an edible oil product that contains nasty old HFCS. Okay in small amounts (as intended) but definitely not okay the way I've been eating it.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:51 PM   #41  

I guess it's one of those things you've got to try to get why somebody else loves it!
Old 11-07-2007, 07:30 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Hey Meech, I'm also type 1 and it's nice to see more type 1's around!! You know, it's just as easy for a type 1 to get fat as it is for anyone else - I've heard that "back in the day," there was a strict diet type 1's had to follow, but I only had to abide by that for the first year I was diagnosed. Then, I started eating whatever I wanted as long as I took enough insulin to cover for it

meowee, I love Cool Whip, too! I started eating Cool Whip out of the container yesterday and thought of you Then, I put it in my coffee... I was making vanilla hazelnut coffee, so I thought Cool Whip would be a nice addition.
Old 11-07-2007, 08:39 AM   #43  
Onward and Downward

You gave me a good giggle SHANE . . . Nice to know somebody else Cool Whip. . . When I get to goal (or even under 200) maybe I'll feel confident enough to renew my relationship with it.

I read your profile MEECH. Although you don't actually say where you live, I definitely figure it is NOT in the US or Canada. Not everyone around here likes Cool Whip, but I doubt that too many of them are unaware of its existence.

Anyway . . . Good Morning "sugar babies". . .

Certainly glad I got to play in the sun for four or five hours yesterday because today, if I go out, I'll definitely be "singing in the rain" -- and, trust me, my singing is not something you want to hear; no matter what the weather is like. You've heard that line "can't carry a tune in a bucket"? That's me.

This morning, my BGL was up again at 6.5 (117); acceptable, but not great. Yesterday, I was beginning to think my metre was broken -- every time I checked I was 5.4 (97) -- talk about stable. Anyway, look at the article that turns up in my e:mail in-box this morning . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...e37dd3f19&p=37 . . . talk about prophetic tag lines.

Okay, gang . . . I off to do my 'rounds' and then decide if I can find anything constructive to do with my time around the house. Such excitement. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day . . .
Old 11-07-2007, 01:21 PM   #44  

Morning everyone.. we had snow last night.. daisy do'snt like that much either.. she had the"you've got to be kidding me" look on her face..boy she better get used to it she was prancing like a high stepping pony lol..my sl was 91 this morning..nothing on my agenda today..got my nose in a good book..hope u all have agreat day rosey
Old 11-07-2007, 01:28 PM   #45  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning,,off to work only have a second,,,have a great day all,,,bs was 109 this am,,not bad,,,later,,Jeanne
Closed Thread