Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2007, 08:17 AM   #226  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Hi there everybody . . .

For a change, we have a beautiful morning and the promise of a high temperature of 24C (75F) to go along with the gorgeous sunshine. Many thanks to everybody for finally sending us a nice day.

Trouble is . . . I'm not in a very good mood. I didn't sleep well last night and was up far too early, think I'll be napping today. Then, my morning went down-hill from there. Three reasons --

(1) Decided it had been 4 weeks since I officially weighed myself and it was time. So, after four weeks with an average calorie intake of 1550 per week . . . I am exactly (right to the tenth of a pound) where I was on May 23. I really do think it is mostly to do with the new scale, but that doesn't make me feel much happier. Oh well, no place to go, but down (I hope).

(2) The 'dumb blonde' of the cat world, peed on the bath mat this morning. I knew she was hunting for a spot, but, since I was sitting on the throne myself at the time and since we were two floors away from the kitty litter, there was very little I could do about it.

(3) The terrible trio has discovered that they can get under the vinyl throw on the couch in the family room and into a few more kitchen cupboards . . . you wouldn't believe the mess they made last night.

Oh well . . . BGL was 5.4 (97) first thing, but it bottomed out on me while I was putting out the garbage . . . it has happened before . . . I really must remember to do the garbage after breakfast instead of before. I was shaking like a leaf by the time I finally got my breakfast into me. Everything is okay again now.

On that note . . . here is a very good series of articles (all interconnected from the same link) referring to both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia. Again, although both of these problems are more familiar to Type I's (and Type II's on Insulin), all diabetics should familiarize themselves with the signs of both . . . http://www.everydayhealth.com/public...e1907eeb28&p=1

Today's question -- When (time of day) do you prefer to get your official exercise? For me . . . morning is best, then I can rest. The longer I put it off, the less likely it is to get done at all. I'm definitely a morning person.

Have a great moving and shaking kind of day doing nothing but good stuff, gang . . . I'll see you later . . .
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 AM   #227  

Morning! Yesterday was run run run...I am hoping to only have to get in a few errands today then relax some. I went to a Jamaican restaurant last night...the food was awesome, but I had to choose carefully to keep it diabetic friendly! There was lots of white bread, and rice!

I like to get my exercise in the morning. It revs up the metabolism all day, and like you Meowee, I find the later I 'plan' to do it, the easier it is to rationalize NOT doing it at all! This morning, I overslept and missed the water aerobics class. I need to suit up and get out in the pool soon so I get it done here!

ROSEY: I loved the picture! Those are HUGE dandelions!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:25 PM   #228  

Morning everyone.. another beautiful day here.. ive been up early as the dh has jury duty so i got up to and had coffee with him befor he left.. my sl was 88 this am.. as far as the Question..when i do exercise i prefer morning... im a morning person to however i have not added deliberate exercise to my daily routine as i have a big allergy to it thats one thing i really need to change..i did get some sewing done yesterdaybut find that my clothes are bigger on me now since ive lost #'s so everything needs adjusting and thats agood thing..and becuz im a free bird today that what i plan on doing..meowee sry your fur babies are such brats..my daisy hasnt got the idea about doing her business outside and right now she defluffing a pillow on my bed..she also steals the rubber slip thingys that i have in the shower..even when i put them up she finds them along with our socks and she loves to tear up paper..and when i scold her she runs like the hubs of **** are after her with whatever shes got that she not suppose to have and hides under my bed or easychair.. its funny to see and also not funny..so i can relate to your problem.. hope you are in a better frame of mind as the day goes along..hello and (((hugs))) for all i have a pillow to rescue rosey
Old 06-20-2007, 12:50 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Hello All
Basics first: 124 bsl am. late nite low treatment did that one
Meowee & Rosey.. i gotta say i love hearing about your fur babies. it honestly puts a smile on my face, even though im sure its not putting one on yours. But it really is funny and cute the way ya'll tell it.

As for the question of the day.. im gonna have to go with night. I like to work out at 9pm and them when im all tired from working out i take a fast shower and hop into bed. i sleep like a baby then. i never could work out in the am, but i've also been a night owl all my life. oddly enough i get up at 6:30 m-f for work and every day my clock goes off i greet it with a four letter word . well gotta run hope everyone is having a great day
ttfn
Old 06-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #230  
Misfit

S/C/G: 264.5/238/150

Height: 5'6

Morning all.

BS was 133 but I had 2 glasses of milk and some pickles (TOM) last night before bed so that was to be expected.

I had 2 cups of juice and some all whites for breakfast. BS was 271 but I don't remember how long it had been since breafast so I went for a walk for a little over an hour. Just checked my BS when I got back and it was 78. Huge difference. Must be the glip working? Seems like a huge drop to attribute to walking alone. I do think that next time I will have a sugar packet on me or something incase I feel shakey.

I'll probably take DS and the dog out to the nature trail later and get some more walking minutes in. There's actually little brochures about the nature trails and the one that we follow is .85 minutes. I can walk that in 15 minutes if it's just me and the dog. That's up and down hills on a sandy path too. Not too shabby.

Does anyone think that all the walking (avg 4miles/day) I've done in the last 2months would cause me to have such a rotten TOM? It's just so heavy cramp while usually mine is very light with hardly any cramping. I did skip last month, just minor spotting, but skipping is normal for me too. Any ideas would be apprecated.

Missi
Old 06-20-2007, 01:31 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 280/275/150

Height: 5' 4"

Default Hi all!

Sorry misfit,
I've been without parts for 28 yrs now; but, I suppose it might do that.
Mine was always 30-33 days after stopping and 7-9 days long with 3-4 days heavy and cramps-don't miss that! Might ask your doctor.
My sug was 230 last night and 270 this am. Took Byetta and glucotrol xl (generic) and ate 1 whole grain bread, lettuce and turkey berger, boiled veggies and an apple. Went out and pulled weeds for about an hour.
Checked my BS and was 168. Just rested and didn't eat-will check before lunch. Have to work or exercise to move mine.
Have a lot of projects for that.
My meter reads 20 higher than the doctors-anyone else notice that?
Trying to stay as far away from the kitchen as much as possible.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #232  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Good morning all,,getting ready to walk out the door for work and wanted to stop by with a have a great day to you all,,my bs was 77 this morning,,still can't get the scale to move,,,urrrrr,,,I need to exercise but don't,,I try but it kills my back ,,,I do alot of running at work,,know that does't count but thats about it for exercise for me,ha

Later all have a fabulous day,,,Jeanne
Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 PM   #233  
Onward and Downward

I think BGL monitoring devices are a lot like weight monitoring devices -- seldom do any two give the same reading. If there is anything harder to nail down minute by minute than weight, it's probably blood sugar levels. Don't fret over those 20 points (1.1) . . . it's the overall pattern that matters.

The best indication of overall control is the HbA1C that your doctor is doing on a fairly regular basis (hopefully).

Later . . .
Old 06-20-2007, 02:44 PM   #234  
stbakd

i'm back. i was in the hospital not breathing to well ,but i'm ok now. i lost weight and bs are fine. glen
Old 06-20-2007, 03:04 PM   #235  
Onward and Downward

Good to see you Glen . . . . . . We were getting worried. Glad to her everything is okay now.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #236  
Happy New Rears!

hefty1, sorry to hear about your breathing problems, at least we have a beautiful day to enjoy in Toronto.

I am feeling better, did 40 minutes of cardio last night, about to go do 40 more. Had a 2 days of vegetarian meals and lots of water, ready to go back to chicken tomorrow.

I think that Ruth's Chris dinner really did a number on me
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM   #237  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Good afternoon/evening all. Hope everyone's having a good day. Finally had to break down and get some errands run this morning. It's freaky hot outside (think ) That'll be it for another couple of weeks.

My dgd sent me this fun little non-scientific quiz to find out what age you act. She found it quite amusing when we found I acted younger than her (she's 1 month away from 17). http://www.blogthings.com/whatagequiz/
BTW, mine was 18. (I'm 61)

As to the question of the day - I NEVER prefer to exercise. When I do it, I try to get it done as early as possible to get it over with.

Good to see you back Glen - hope you are feeling better.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:26 PM   #238  
Misfit

soiley- they say you're only as old as you feel so if you feel/act 18...

I didn't take Ds and the dog to the trail, we did two laps at the park instead. my BS was 201 a few minutes after dinner (big bowl of fiber one raisin bran) and when we got done it was 86. I have to say that I am liking the glip so far. I haven't seen my levels go so low since I was PG and on insulin. Also, no nausea which is great. That was my big worry about this stuff.

Have a good night all!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 PM   #239  
Onward and Downward

Well . . . I'm 21 at 64 . . . so at least you and I have maintained our correct relativety, Soiley . . .

Glad to hear you are feeling better, Thin . . .

And glad to hear you are doing well with the new meds, Missi . . .

Here's the food log for today -- not one of my best days; but definitely not one of the worst either.

B --- 2 coffee, pancakes with strawberry-rhubarb topping
S --- skinny cow bar
L --- veggie (soy) burger with tomato and cucumber salad, SF jello with CW
S --- 2 coffee, another skinny cow bar
D --- cauliflower-topped shepherd's pie, carrots and brocolli, SF jello & CW
S --- 100 calorie Smart Pop

W --- 96 oz / 3000 ml

Have a great evening everybody . . . see you tomorrow.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:47 PM   #240  
Misfit

I was 28 on the quiz, and I'm 27! Ahh, I really do act older!!

And meowee, I got a kick out of your small typo "And glad to hear you are doping well with the new meds, Missi . . . " that was pretty darn funny
Closed Thread