Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:31 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 229/T/170

Height: 5'7

Wink I Confess!

Don't know if any of you have heard of this one, but i read it on another forum and thought it was just a hoot Figured we could do something other than post our bsl for a change So basically u just confess good or bad anything you want to about your weightloss/diabetes. I'll go first

I confess:
... I hate seeing someones start weight is actually my goal weight.
... I hate waking up with a high bsl because i had to treat a low in the middle of the nite, feels like i got cheated out of a good number
... I think weight loss surgery is a cheat, not fair i have to go the hard route and someone else can have surgery
... I obsess about weightloss more than diabetes
... having a thin roomie sometimes makes me sick to my tummy
... I'm vain as all ****! i wanna be sexy more than healthy

well there are my shameful admitions, come on people fess up!
Old 05-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

I peek in here now and then and have posted once or twice (I have a type one pump using DH), just to get a little education, I guess.

Question: Are you all really upset to see 130 in the morning? Should I be upset if DH is 130? He usually acts like that's a great reading (I know 100 is ideal). Is 130 considered high? Just looking for a little feedback on that... thanks!
Old 05-22-2007, 07:03 PM   #153  

Hey Walking,
My doc told me that for a morning fast i can be no higher than 130. DH is walking a bit close to the border than i think alot of us are comfy at. I prefer having tighter control and don't like to be over 110 if i can help it. i tend to be about 90-110 for a morning fast. Some here like to have even tighter control than that. but in the end u should ask your DH doc what his ideal range should be. Maybe u can convince him to come to board here, it really helped me be accountable for my bsl. hope this helps some
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #154  

Mickey - thanks, that is good to know. He has had diabetes since he was 7 - close to 30 years - so he will tell me he knows what he is doing, etc. Yes, he has 'pretty' good control, but I am a realist, and I do know it should be better. I actually did not know that it should stay right between 100-110. His control isn't that tight. He always seems pleased as punch when it's 120, 130. No wonder his A1Cs were at 7 last visit. I will talk to him about this, but unfortunately I know he wouldn't post here. He and his endo have also both told me that he can eat carbs (bread, a glass of beer or wine, etc.) as long as he tests and boluses for the carbs. But reading here, I almost think we should switch to almost South Beach type diet. He loves his milk and cereal, but should he really be having it? Just because he is on the pump, I don't think he should eat whatever he wants. Having said that, we do eat fairly healthy (veggies, lean proteins, etc.) but I know it could be better. I try to be strong and supportive as possible, but the honest truth is I worry so much about him. He's 36 and I'm 39 and we have only been married 2 and a half years, so I'm still learning.

Thanks again for your feedback and support.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:34 PM   #155  

No Problem Walking,
I still eat carbs too. but its the smallest portion on my plate . I happen to love rice, but i only eat half a cup (i measure it out to) with a meal. i try to avoid foods that i know will shoot my levels through the roof. Im sure DH knows which foods those are. to be honest i used to be happy if had a morning level of 130 and an after meal level under 200, but i realized i could be doing better for myself. does dh excersise? that helps sugar levels a great deal to. btw u wouldn't catch me with milk and cereal to many carbs. doc told me i should be getting like 30/35 carbs in a meal. i aim for that area and it seems to work. but in the end DH has to want to do it. no one could tell me how to or what to eat until i decided i really wanted to do it. well thats all from this diabetty
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM   #156  
having Senior Moments

S/C/G: 265/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

OK Mickey. My confessions:
I hate it when I see someone's start wt & date is same as mine but they've lost more than me.
I think wt loss surgery is a cheat to the people who have it. I know so many who are thin from it, but still have eating problems and miserable lives.
I'm so jealous of my skinny kids who can eat anything and everything and never gain weight.
(this is a terrible one) It makes me feel happy to see someone bigger than me because I can say "at least I'm not that big".

Everyone have a great day.
Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM   #157  
Never Ever Give Up !

S/C/G: 250/204/150

Hi all,,beautiful day here,,congrats on all the wt losses I read in the last few days posts,,good for you,,

My bs was 102 this morning,,had some bad news yesterday about my insurance,,which is consiterded low income insurance,,went from under 100 a month to over 300,,,( and they never have payed for my byetta 236.00) just can't see how we are going to do this,,so I am going to have to go off the byetta at least until I can find some insurance that we can live with,,,I am on a rant right now over this,,,with my byetta and co-pays for other meds and if I have to pay over 300 a month for insurance ,,I would be looking at over 600 a month in medical,,,NO WAY,,,we just can't do it,,now I am thinking more of giving in and going to insulin,,,but am so worried I will gain a ton of wt,,,?,,,

Anyway sorry to bother you all with this just needed to get it off my chest,,thanks for being here,,,hi to all and I hope you all have a wonderful blessed day,,,,Jeanne
Old 05-23-2007, 12:55 PM   #158  

Morning all,
Basics first: 104 bsl this am and a touch of a headache to boot.

hey Jeanne,
I take insulin now, 70/30. I will be honest with ya, it does feel a lil harder to lose weight while on it, but i still wouldn't give it up . it has helped me manage my bsl wonderfully. insurance companies are the spawn of the but hopefully u can find another plan that will work better for you

Soiley: i have the same confession as your "terrible one"
Old 05-23-2007, 01:07 PM   #159  

Height: 5.6

Afternoon everyone!

Okay - my basics - my SL this morning was 116, by lunch is 90.... not too bad.... I think bumping up my exercise is really helping........ also I am really paying attention to what makes my levels jump and just eliminating it.

Jeanne - Sorry to hear about your insurance... What about the possibility of a supplement plan?

Mickey - Hope your headache goes away soon.

Okay - I am going to claim the confession about worrying more about my weight than my diabetes too and to be honest just remembering what I used to look like is enough to make a little depressed and wanting to kick myself.

Gotta get back to work.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-23-2007, 02:11 PM   #160  

Morning everyone.. its raining today and we sure needed it..my sl was 127 this am.. and i know why.. i had a snack of cereal last night..i wanted something sweet and crunchy..so i had 1/2 cup of cinnamon cereal..its all about choices right..jeanne am so sry u are having ins troubles.. we are going thru similar things and thats the cause of the stress im under..its compicated and we had to go to a lawyer for helpi sympathize with you..okay my confessions..i feel gulity when i get an "i dont care attitude" about my wt and diabetes.. i get discouraged when i do the right things and loose and no one notices..i compare myself to other big people and tell myself im not that big and then feel sorry for them..i hate rude people who think all fat folks are lazy and slobs and make comments to you about it..i hate when folks suggest wt loss surg to me(dh included) when the last time i had surg i almost died and wound up in intensive care..to scary to even think about..i get mad when a friend who has had the surg eats junk and brags she can eat anything as she hasnt learned a thing about proper nutirition( i think its cheating to).. i hate the fact that diabetics have to be so focused on food..i think more about it than ever befor..ok enuff ranting gee that felt good nice idea..its my b-day tomorrow.. i will be 58..my familys taking me to lunch at a place that called charoletes. its kinda earth muffin type place and they have wonderful salads..hope you all have agreat day ((((hugs))) rosey
Old 05-23-2007, 03:14 PM   #161  

Cool

Rosey - Hope you have a nice but healthy birthday lunch! I second your rant, especially about the wls. My doctors are always bringing it up. But like you, the last time I had surgery i ended up in the ICU with a breathing tube down my throat. Not fun. So I guess we have to keep on with the struggle. I'm not doing very good this week. Feel the extra weight I've put on but don't want to hit the scale.
Walking - My bgls are high in the a.m. - 130-160s. Actually for me, 130 is good. It's probably because I eat dinner late. My A1c was 5.7 last month so the rest of the time must be better.Your dh should probably discuss this with his doctor. If he has access to a diabetic educator that might help too.
Hi to everyone else.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:12 PM   #162  

Rosey !! I hope u have a great day tomorrow! Wow you came up with a few good ones on the confess list . I hate the food focus too and when u do lose and no one notices it just makes things so fustrating. i mean weightloss is hard as **** and as diabetics its even more complexed.
here are a couple a more on my confession list lol
...I hate that meal plans are rarely made for a diabetic
...I hate when people feel the need to tell a diabetic what they should eat/or not eat. How the **** would they no?
...I wanna give up more times than i wanna stick with it, don't know how the latter wins

ok thats enough additions, its funny how everyday a new one can pop up lol
ttfn!
Old 05-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #163  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Oh wowee, am I ever behind around here . . . sorry, sorry, sorry . . . I do not know where today has gone, but gone it has. No new appliance disasters (at least nothing I've discovered yet).

My BGL is still running too high in the morning also -- 6.7/121 again this morning. for me I still think I'm sleeping throur hypos because it goes down over the course of the day.

Good appointment with optometrist this morning -- when I get my new glasses, I'll be back to 20/20 vision (hven't been there since the cataracts started to develop) and hopefully my arms will hve grown back to normal length, too. Of course, I'll be another Can$785 poorer. wow, do I ever hope June is a better month. Speaking of that, it's hard to believe we are less than a month away from the first day of summer -- the sun finally made an appearance again but the temperature topped out about 7C (45F). There is a frost warning in place for tonight. Silly, silly, silly.

Anyway . . . better go and check-in at a few more places before dinner time . . . hope everybody has a great moving and shaking evening . . . see you tomorrow . . .
Old 05-23-2007, 07:02 PM   #164  
stbakd

hi rosey
glen
Old 05-23-2007, 07:54 PM   #165  

Mickey, Rosetta, and Meow - thanks. He has a really good endo and of course has seen diabetic educators his whole life, but it's good for me to get educated as much as possible because I do have an influence on him. I will start paying attention to the 30-35 carb thing - I didn't really have that as a ball park. I asked his endo directly at one visit about carbs and he said as long as he tests and boluses for correct amount he can have them. But I still think he should be paying a little closer attention. Yes, Mickey, he exercise, but unfortunately he's not consistent. So, it's always a work in progress... and I know HE has to be the one to do it. I want to do all I can from my end, but yes, he is in charge of his diabetes. And he doesn't do terribly, but like I said, I worry and want him to have tightest control possible.

Ya'll have a great day... thanks for all the friendly responses!
Closed Thread