3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts-31/)
-   -   No Pudge Brownies Clone ~needs points please~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts/98388-no-pudge-brownies-clone-%7Eneeds-points-please%7E.html)

wand1164 11-17-2006 01:47 PM

No Pudge Brownies Clone ~needs points please~

Would someone please do the weight watchers points on this please. :^: I just bought a new computer & haven't ran Mastercook on it yet. :dizzy: Thanks in advance!!!:hug:

No Pudge Brownie Clone
This recipe comes the closest to the ones that are sold in the stores. Do not substitute Splenda or other sweetner, the sugar in the recipe carmelizes as the brownies bake, making them more sticky (when I used Splenda, they felt like rubber. On the box vital wheat gluten also appears, I learned that it helps the brownies rise as the batter is rich in sugar. I figure about 1/2-1 teaspoon is enough * I didn't have yogurt at hand but I had some milk and Jello Sugar Free Fat Free Instant Chocolate Pudding. I made the pudding according to recipe on the box and substituted it cup for cup (I omitted the baking soda because the soda is there to offset the acidity in yogurt, no yogurt= no need for soda). The brownies came out even better!

40 min 5 min prep

1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
2 egg whites (this is for cake like brownies and is optional)
2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt (a 6 oz. container, Dannon works best)
nonstick cooking spray

Freakin' delicious!! My first non fat brownie ever and I don't miss any of the fat. It came out very moist, rich, fudgy, and somewhat 'cakey'. Maybe I'll try just adding one egg white instead of two next time to try to get more of a dense texture. THis was soooo good, and the best part is that it's guilt free!! I will make this again! UPDATE: I made this again, minus the egg whites. It's more brownie like w/o. Also, I halved the amount of sugar, and it's still plenty sweet

However on this update.. yeah I ignored what the chef said and tried the Splenda because the diabetic was nagging for some. It failed totally. Not only did I have rubber, I had flat rubber. IF the chef says no, don't ignore them. they know what they are talking about. They turn out perfect with the sugar.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mix all dry ingredients.
Add yogurt and mix well.
Batter will be very thick.
Spray an 8x8 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Spread batter evenly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes.
Remove and cool.
Dip a knife in warm water and cut into 16 squares
:^:

Chickieboo 11-20-2006 07:18 PM

I just figured the points out on Weight Watcher's Recipe Builder. If you cut the brownies into 8, they are 3 points each. If you cut them into 12, then the points are 2 each. I figured the points without the egg whites.