3-minute chocolate cake

• This is a life-saver if you are craving sweets and/or chocolate.

3 Minute Chocolate Cake

Ingredients -
    1/4C Almond flour 2 carbs
    1 T Cocoa Power 1
    1/4 t Baking Power 0
    4-5 packets of Splenda (4-5)

2 T Melted Butter 0
    1 T Water, or SF syrup, 0
    1 Egg 0.6

In a 2 Cup Pyrex measuring cup, blend all dry ingredients. Add water, melted butter and egg...mix thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap (to vent, cut small slit in center of plastic wrap). Microwave on high for 1 minute (I microwaved for 1 minute 10 seconds...you need to adjust as you think is right). If you use SF syrup, use less Splenda, you might have to experiment with that. I like the SF DaVinci cherry syrup, Peppermint Paddy, or orange, but you can use any flavor you like.

Cool a bit, eat warm with whipped cream or cool completely to ice cake. When this comes out of the microwave, it looks a bit wet but dries as it cools. Cake without icing is 8.6 carbs. Folks have frosted it with cream cheese, SF pudding, whipped cream, LC ice cream, etc. We had ours plain. Very yummy indeed.
  • sounds yummy!!
  • I have had this before and it is really good. Thanks for reminding me of it since I have been wanting an easy dessert that doesn't make too much. Hubby won't eat that stuff with me so if I can make something fairly small portion that's a good thing.
  • This was really wonderful! Thank you!
  • Where do you get almond flour? Unfortunately, I live out in the boonies and have a hard time finding such items and ordering them on the internet can get costly with the shipping and handling charges.

This sounds like a good recipe for the "must have chocolate!" days of the month. If I can't find this flour anywhere, I'll just stick to my Ready Made Whipped Topping mixed with baking cocoa and some walnuts sprinkled on top. When I did Atkins before, it quelled my chocolate cravings.
  • almond flour
    I live in the boonies, too, and I get the almond flour at Meijer's or Kroger. Look in the baking aisle. I think you could make it by pulsing plain almonds in a food processor until you have a very fine-grained powder. Don't just turn it on and let it go, or you will end up with almond butter!
  • Actually, I've already read that you can take regular almonds and grind them in a coffee grinder to a fine powder but didn't try it until recently. It works great! It's much cheaper than almond flour and you don't have to make any special mail orders .

Tam
  • Chocolate is the best.. Sounds great thanks