Old 08-02-2007, 07:59 AM   #1  

Default Diet Cake

So most of you meeting-goers have probably heard of this recipe before. I had heard of it, but I never tried it... till a couple weeks ago
Thought I'd report on the results:

So apparently you can bake a cake using this recipe:

1 box cake mix (i used a low fat chocolate cake mix yum)
1 can diet soda (I used diet coke)
FF cool whip as icing

THATS IT. Don't add anything else-- none of the butter, milk, nada. You can also do other combinations-- fruit cakes and fresca, devils food cake and cranberry soda-- whatever, as long as its diet and as long as you don't add anything else.

Put the cake mix in a bowl, add diet soda, stir and bake according to the directions (you may need some oil for the cake pan). Mine came out the perfect consistency, and it rose perfectly-- I actually made two thin cakes from the batter and put ff cool whip in the middle. I've heard from other people at meetings that sometimes it doesn't rise-- but I didn't find that true at all. Mine was delicious-- like cake but not as rich and your belly didn't feel as nasty afterwards. Who knew cake could be a fairly low point dessert?

The point value turns out to be just the value of the dry mix on the side of the cake box plus the ff cool whip (and if you sop the pan with oil, add that too-- i was pretty sparing). Mine was 4 points per 1/10 of the cake-- for me, this is the perfect after-dinner sweet.

Has anyone else tried any different combinations-- like a fruit cake or a vanilla cake? I'm thinking of making another one for a family get-together next weekend and I'm trying to figure out which would be the best

AND I'm not going to tell them it's a "diet cake" till after everyone eats
Christine1128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I used a chocolate cake mix and a can of diet Dr. Pepper and baked it in a 9 inch square pan . it was delicious, just like a regular cake.I tried it with a white cake mix and a diet 7UP and it was lousy.
i
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:47 AM   #3  

Default Carrot Cake

I made this recipe using carrot cake mix and I mixed into the Cool whip Cheesecake FF/SF instant pudding mix. 18 cupcakes...2 pts a piece and the FF cool whip is free. I even had my 8 year old begging to bring them to school, they were a little sweet but perfect for my cravings at times!
TheScrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #4  
Pretty harmless really...

S/C/G: Maintaining 142-148

Height: 5 ft 8.5" athlete who can give a punch & certainly take one too! :)

Yes this is a nummy cake. I've made all kinds, lemon, cherry, strawberry, chocolate with great results on each kind using a diet soda.

Did you know you can also use a strawberry cake mix and 1 cup of diet sprite and 1 cup of dry oatmeal, mix these 3 ingredients and then spray a cookie sheet with pam and make drop cookies out of these, they are delish too! I make them and freeze them and whenever I have a craving, I eat them, sometimes even frozen too. I also made the cookies with chocolate cake mix, the oatmeal and 1 cup of diet cherry coke, they are like a chewy brownie. I have bags in my freezer for emergencies. Bake the cookies 350 for 8-12 minutes or till done.
evilwomaniamshe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:46 AM   #5  

Orange cake mix and diet orange soda. I put a little orange zest in the cool whip and served at a dinner party. Everyone raved and were amazed it was diet. I didn't tell them until AFTER they ate it.
katmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 08:08 PM   #6  
Kristina

S/C/G: 230/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Ok - I just made this - chocolate cake mix with diet coke - omg it was soooo good. Even my family enjoyed it. Kind of a differen texture - more brownie like - but I like that even better! Thanks for sharing this - it will be a lifesaver with me! Now I just have to keep myself from eating the whole thing tonight! lol...
Prissiroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:29 PM   #7  
Go Blue Team!!

S/C/G: 286/159/150

Height: 5'6"

My friend does this with yellow cake mix and a can of Sierra Mist Free. Then, just before the cake has fully set, she pricks holes in the top with a toothpick and pours a flavored jello (mix and water -- unset) over the top. Then, finish baking and "frost" it with SF cool whip.

Also tasty is a box of brownie mix with a can of pumpkin (no eggs, oil, etc.). Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes. It makes very fudgy brownies.
scgirl32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day hey evilwoman the cookies sound good do you l now how many points there are per cookie, the choccy cake and diet coke sounds good I,ll have to give it ago.

Thanks...JULS
NEWYEARNEWME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 AM   #9  
KitKatBahr

S/C/G: 285/229/145

Height: 5 ft, 7 in.

The cakes sound yummy but if I was going to go somewhere and someone made one, I would hope they would let me know that it contains aspertame or artificial sweetener, as I absotlutely CAN NOT eat that stuff. It affects my nervous system. My neurologist had me quit drinking diet soda and using all artificial sweeteners because I was having neurological problems.

Kathy
kitkatbahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:31 AM   #10  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

I usually don't even add the Cool Whip. I've used orange soda and white, orange, or lemon cake. Cherry Cola or Cherry 7-up with white or chocolate (or cherry chip when I can find it). At my bridal shower, I got a recipe (not diet) using rootbeer and white cake, and adding rootbeer extract in the frosting), so I think the diet version would be good too.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:34 AM   #11  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

I make Spiced Pumpkin Muffins....one box spice cake mix, one can 15oz. pumpkin.You may need to add just a little water to mix well. They are so goooooood!!!!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM   #12  
~wmchunter~

S/C/G: 158/150/130

I made the carrot cake cupcakes like THESCRAPPER wrote about with spritezero. They are yummy! I can't wait to try others.
wmchunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 365/355/150

Height: 5"4

I’m having a little birthday get together tomorrow here and for a sec I kind of freaked out cuz the thought of caked popped into my head and I was like oh no! Since it’s only my 6th day on WW. I freaked I didn’t want to go around cake. I was telling my friend I am so not ready for that lol. Then I remembered reading on here last night about the pop cake and I just yelled out I will make the cake myself lmao. So I’m going to give it a shot Thanks for posting all the great ways to do it. Lol now I just have to pick one!!!!
SunShineGirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:43 PM   #14  

Dumplin, my hubby and I were just talking about those pumpkin spice muffins. We haven't had them in ages! My uncle really liked them when I gave him some. Maybe it's time to make some and take him some again.

I also like making an angel food cake with crushed pineapple or sugar-free cherry pie filler. Yummy!!
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #15  
girlshabookie

S/C/G: 230.5/222/145 WW's

Height: 5'5"

Default The cake is AWESOME

The cakes made with chocolate mix and a can of diet coke are fabulous. I have 5 big teenage boys and they thought is was the best.
girlshabookie is offline   Reply With Quote