Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2000, 09:35 AM   #16  

Runner -
I think I saw another thread where you were talking about something called Veggie Times. Can you give some more details about this? I think I might be a vegetarian in sheep's clothing.
Old 02-27-2000, 03:02 PM   #17  

Race-ya:

I buy two veggie mags, Vegetarian Times ( www.vegetariantimes.com ) and Veggie Life ( www.veggielife.com ). I don't know that I can recommend one over the other, they are both excellent. What I love is that it's just good food, vegetarian or not! Much of it is low-Point as well, especially the Vegan recipes. My non-veg friends love eating over, which tells me a lot. If you have any other questions, let me know.

runner/Jodie

do you run too?

[This message has been edited by runner (edited 02-27-2000).]
Old 02-28-2000, 08:16 AM   #18  

Thanks Runner. Bookmarked both sites. I am working towards running again! I will let you know when I get there. Right now I am doing fast walking! (about 3 miles a day) My goal is to run a mini in May 2001. I like long range goals these days!
Old 12-01-2000, 03:48 AM   #19  
Designing Woman

Here's a recipe for something I have been working on... fat free brownie mix in a jar. Almost everyone I know is health conscious but are also plagued by an insatiable sweet tooth (like me)! So I'm whipping up a few batches of these, and putting them in jars and giving them away as little gifts. Hope someone else out there tries this... they're really good and fudgy (I like fudgy brownies better than cake-like).

(almost) Fat Free Brownie Mix in a Jar

In a medium bowl, combine:
1/2 cup unsifted flour
1 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup Ghiradelli powdered chocolate
1/4 cup Dutch Cocoa powder
1 Tbl. plus 1 tsp. powdered egg whites
2 Tbl. Cornstarch
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Stir together gently with a wire whisk until all ingredients are combined. Store in a sealable container.

When it comes time to bake them, here are the instructions (which I affixed to the top of the jars on an index card.)

You need: 1 8 oz. container of fat free vanilla yogurt (I like Dannon the best)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Empty dry contents into a medium bowl. Add the yogurt and stir well. Mixture will be rather thick.

Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray, and spread the brownie mix into the pan.

Bake for 31-33 minutes, until brownies test ALMOST done.

Cool completely and enjoy!

Notes: Turbinado sugar is just like Sugar in the Raw, I think. I just like it better than granulated white stuff. It can be found, along with Ghiradelli chocolate at most grocery stores, but my favorite place to shop is Meijer's. They never are out of what I need.

Also, I say remove from over whenbrownies are almost done because they will continue to cook a bit out of the oven. The tooth pick will have a littl bit of residue on it, but nothing gooey.

Lastly, these brownies are best when totally cooled down. So resist the temptation, because it's really worth it.

Enjoy!
Kaitlyn
Old 12-02-2000, 01:23 AM   #20  

What's the point count?

------------------

Ann P
Old 12-02-2000, 02:58 AM   #21  
Designing Woman

Oooops... hehe...
I don't have any WW software or point counters, because I don't follow that program. If anyone wants to run it through, that would be excellent.
Old 12-02-2000, 01:14 PM   #22  

I put it into MasterCook and this is what I came up with.

Jane
* Exported from MasterCook *

Fudgy Brownie Gift Mix In A Jar (LF) -- 2 pts

Recipe By :Kaitlin from the 3FatChicks Board
Serving Size : 12 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories :

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
Dry Mix
1/2 cup unsifted flour
1 cup turbinado sugar
1/4 cup Ghiradelli powdered chocolate
1/4 cup Dutch Cocoa powder
1 tablespoon powdered egg whites -- plus
1 teaspoon powdered egg whites
2 tablespoons Cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Extra Ingredients To Bake:
8 ounces fat free vanilla yogurt -- Dannon preferred

In a medium bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients

Package as a gift and include a recipe card which says the following:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Empty dry contents into a medium bowl. Add the yogurt and stir well. Mixture will be rather thick.

Lightly spray an 8 x 8 inch pan with cooking spray, and spread the brownie mix into the pan.

Bake for 31-33 minutes, until brownies test ALMOST done.

Cool completely and enjoy!

Also, I say remove from over when brownies are almost done because they will continue to cook a bit out of the oven. The tooth pick will have a little bit of residue on it, but nothing gooey.

Turbinado sugar is just like Sugar in the Raw, I think. I just like it better than granulated white stuff. It can be found, along with Ghiradelli chocolate at most grocery stores, but my favorite place to shop is Meijer's. They never are out of what I need.

Also, I say remove from over when brownies are almost done because they will continue to cook a bit out of the oven. The tooth pick will have a little bit of residue on it, but nothing gooey.

Lastly, these brownies are best when totally cooled down. So resist the temptation, because it's really worth it. Enjoy! Kaitlyn

Per MC assuming 12 servings:
112 cals, 1 g. fat, 1 g. fiber = 2 pts

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving: 112 Calories (kcal); 1g Total Fat; (4% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 26g Carbohydrate; trace Cholesterol; 78mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 0 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : Here's a recipe for something I have been working on... fat free brownie mix in a jar. Almost everyone I know is health conscious but are also plagued by an insatiable sweet tooth (like me)! So I'm whipping up a few batches of these, and putting them in jars and giving them away as little gifts. Hope someone else out there tries this... they're really good and fudgy (I like fudgy brownies better than cake-like).
(almost) Fat Free Brownie Mix in a Jar

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Old 12-04-2000, 05:24 AM   #23  

Here is a link the the recipe I use and have coverted for chocolate muffins or brownies. I also included the instructions on how to make mixes ahead to keep in the cupboard or for gifts.

Enjoy,
Christine
http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum24/HTML/000210.html
Old 01-27-2001, 08:58 AM   #24  

I am looking for the measurments to make my own "No Pudge" brownies from scratch.
Old 01-29-2001, 12:58 AM   #25  

Click on this link to the muffin/brownie receipe I post a while back- http://www.3fatchicks.com/ubb//Forum24/HTML/000210.html

I even include instruction on how to make dry mixes to keep in the cupboard for those chocolate emergencies.

Christine
Old 05-16-2001, 12:11 AM   #26  

i had my ww meeting today they gave a wierd recipe

1 box low fat brownie mix

1 can black beans

2/3 cup water

Drain black beans well,place contents in blender until smooth,add brownie mix and water. Place in a 9 by 12 baking pan and bake according to box instructions. It counts as 3 points for a 2 by 2 piece
Old 08-09-2002, 01:48 PM   #27  

Question Betty Crocker Brownie Question

Ok.. I'm and American living in Holland and need to know how much fiber is in a box of Betty Crocker Brownie Mix. American products are few and far between here and if you do find them, they're expensive. I'm making a dessert but I can't calculate the points because there are no fiber measurements. Could someone please tell me how much fiber is in the entire mix?

Thanks!
Tera

Old 09-14-2002, 04:15 PM   #28  

This is from a Betty Crocker Low Fat Fudge Brownie Mix (Sweet Rewards)

18 servings per package
Per serving:
130 calories
2.5g fat
1g fiber

You just add 2/3 cup water to the mix.
Old 10-13-2002, 07:50 AM   #29  

Default chocolate chunck brownie for one

Chocolate Chunk Brownie
serves 1
3 points
3 TBS of Betty Crocker Double Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix
Enough Water to thin into a batter

Place mix and water into a small custard bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds.

It tastes like a rich chocolate brownie and will only cost you 3pts.

3 TBS of mix =120 calories 3grams of fat 0 fiber
Old 10-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #30  

Default Question about Diet Coke Brownies?

Help! Somebody recently posted a whole bunch of chocolate recipes. I printed them out and now I can find the thread on here. Hopefully the "publisher" of these recipes will see this post and be able to answer my question.

One of the recipes was for Diet Coke Brownies. It included 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix and 10-12 oz. Diet Coke (depending on consistency you like.) You could either bake in a 9x13 pan or in 24 mini muffin tins for 2 pts. each.

Well, I made these last night. I used 12 oz. Diet Coke because I like a cake like consistency. I encountered 2 problems: 1) After filling all 24 mini muffins, I still had LOTS of batter left....I feel jipped; 2) even though I sprayed the muffin tin and baked for 30 minutes, the tops came off leaving the bottoms in the tin.

The bottoms came out easy enough with a spoon and it tasted GREAT! But they didn't look very pretty for the company I was serving it to. Any ideas what might have happened? I'm guessing I should've used less diet Coke, maybe only 10 oz. and maybe should've baked a little longer to let it "set" more. ???? I'd like to know before I try it again and waste a box of mix.
Closed Thread