3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Desserts (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts-31/)
-   -   Strawberry recipes (pies, mousse,etc.) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/desserts/1132-strawberry-recipes-pies-mousse-etc.html)

nora2000 09-14-2000 11:07 AM

pulling up

kabuz 09-14-2000 10:38 PM

Thanks - sounds yummy. I'll try it this weekend.

kabuz

kabuz 09-14-2000 10:43 PM

Thanks for your help.

It all sounds wonderful. I'm going to try a few things this weekend, then freeze the rest of the rhubarb so I don't get sick of it!

kt marie 06-24-2001 09:15 AM

Mile High Strawberry Pie

Here's a great, simple-to-make strawberry pie recipe I got at a WW meeting a few weeks ago.

1 baked 9 inch pie shell
1 cup water
8-12 packets of sugar substitute
2 Tbls cornstarch
3 small boxes of sugar-free strawberry jello
4 cups strawberries (about 1 1/4 lbs)

Mix water, sugar sub & cornstarch. Cook in microwave until mixture starts to boil. The mixture should be thickened; if not, cook a little more in microwave. Stir in the 3 boxes of dry sugar-free jello to mixture. Coat strawberries with thickened liquid mixture & pour into cooled, baked pie shell. Chill in refrigerator.

Serves: 6 (or more if you want to cut into smaller slices :) )
POINTS per serving: 3.5 (my crust recipe is lower in points, so my points per serving is less than the 3.5 - I think they used the point value of a store-bought frozen pie crust).
Add another .5-1 point if you want to top with LF or FF cool whip.

Enjoy!
Katie

patch30 01-07-2002 05:41 PM

Yummy strawberries

Someone posted a very yummy and incredibly simple recipe for strawberries (actually prob. any berry). 2 cups of 1/4'rd strawberries, 1 tbl of Balsamic Vinegar, 1 1/2 tbl raw/unbleached sugar. Mix the BV and sugar and dissolve as much as possible and then toss strawberries in. I know it may sound weird, but it's delicious. Apparently, in Italy, balsamic vinegar is mostly used for desserts!

bensmom 07-12-2002 06:42 AM

Strawberry Pie

Strawberry Pie

4 cups sliced strawberries
1 pkg sugar free vanilla pudding
2 cups water
1 pkg sugar free strawberry jello

Place berries in a pie plate. In a saucepan mix pudding and water with a whisk over medium heat; bring to a boil. Remove fdrom heat and stir in jello. Cool and pour over berries. Chill until set.

1/4 pie = 1 point

I got this receipe at my meeting this week. It is wonderful. If you want to use a crust, just add the points. I am thinking of trying it with different combinations of berries and flavored jello.

Enjoy!!

jajgrace 07-12-2002 12:38 PM

This sounds great!! It is a little like the Key Lime Pie in the Today's Special. I have tried it with many different flavors of jello and yogurt. My favorite is orange jello and orange/mango yogurt. Give it a try.

Idealperson 06-27-2003 12:20 PM

Strawberry Pie

Strawberries are ripe here in Wisconsin-I've made this twice so far this week-it's great and easy!

1 pre-baked pie crust
5 cups sliced strawberries
1 sm. box cook and serve SF vanilla pudding
1 sm. box SF strawberry jello
2 1/2 cups water

Place berries in the baked pie crust, meanwhile in a med. sauce pan mix the pudding and the jello with the water. Bring to a rolling boil-stirring occasionally. Put this pan in the refrigerator until it starts to thicken (about an hour), then pour over the berries and refrig. until firm.

I served this with Cool whip free. Cut into 8 pieces it equals 3 points each. (this was figured with a reg. pie shell).

sqweetie5 07-01-2003 10:47 PM

Could you share your low pt. crust recipe too? I love pie!! :) thanks!

debilynn01 09-21-2004 03:46 PM

Sounds Yummy. I am definately going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing. !!

waywardgirl 09-22-2004 03:34 PM

I made this last night and it is DELICIOUS. (Although I cheated and used a lo-fat graham cracker crust)

I also used instant vanilla pudding mix- I disolved the jello in 1 c boiling water, added the pudding and 1 c cold water and beat with an electric mixer until blended.