7 ingredient 20 min Oatmeal Cookies

• This recipe comes from CurlyTop on the WW Core Forum... She was kind enough to share it with the Beachers!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------

20 Minute, 7 ingredient Oatmeal cookies!!

Hey guys,

I found a recipe on line for flourless oatmeal cookies - and changed it work on Core MUCH to my surprise - it turned out VERY good!! The cookies are much more like muffins (don't expect the chewy cookie texture) - but they are almost like apple cinnamon muffins - and really satisfy the cookie/pastry craving. I don't really have the pre-core cravings - but - there are times when something like this SOUNDS so good - and it was pretty darn good if I do say so myself DO remember to spray your pan with Pam - I had a very new nonstick pan and was able to get the cookies off with a spatula, but it did leave a bit of a shadow of cookie on the pan. If I hadn't used non-stick - I am certain it would have STUCK - so do use non-stick. I forgot to spray with Pam - but the non-stick saved me. There's no fat in these so nothing to keep them from sticking like glue they really do remind me of muffins - and it only takes a few minutes to mix and 12 or so to bake - I was enjoying them in less than a half hour...

1 cup uncooked oats
    1/3 cup Splenda sweetener
    1 cup unsweetened applesauce
    1 Egg
    1 teaspoon cinnamon
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Drop by large serving spoonfuls onto a baking sheet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Cookies are "cake-like" and don't spread much so they can be placed close together.

Makes about 15 large cookies - or maybe 2 dozen regular size (I made mine large)

Tina
  • OMGzZZz those cookies rock. Somewhy I prefered how they tasted before being baked but they still rule ^^ Free bump
    AND YOU SHALL ALL EAT THOSE COOKIES
  • I made these last nite, and they were very very yummy! def helped out my dessert cravings!

i did the exact recipe above but served with a tbs of ff cool whip. AMAZING! even the boys liked it.

THANKS!
  • Thanks for the recipe, I plan on trying this next week.
  • Ooh, these look awesome. My dad is coming into town this weekend and LOVES oatmeal cookies. I might make these and then if I end up having one, it won't be the end of the world.
  • they def dont taste like regular oatmeal cookies...we'll see when i get home today if they hardened up at all..if not they were very gooey, but i LOVED them.