Mocha Tofu Ice Cream

• This is so good! You can't even tell it's soy!

-1 12 oz carton of soft silken tofu
    -1/2 C sugar free soymilk
    -1/4 C cocoa powder
    -1/2 C splenda
    -2 tsp instant coffee
    -1 Tbs vanilla extract
    -pinch of salt

Add all ingredients to a big plastic bowl with lid. Blend all ingredients with an electric mixer. Put in freezer for about 20 min then break up ice and blend again. Repeat 10 min later. When ready to serve let stand 5-10 min to soften. Enjoy!
  • Bless you for this recipe! I don't eat dairy so I was going crazy trying to find Phase 1 friendly desserts that didn't use eggs or cheese or milk. I'm definitely going to try this!

Tam
  • I made a single size version of this and just wanted to post it, since it's delicious!

3 oz silken tofu (I used Mori-Nu firm)
    1-2 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
    1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
    1/2 tsp decaf instant coffee
    Sweetener to taste (I used 2 tsp xylitol)
    1/2 tsp vanilla extract

I put everything in a mini food processor and then just refrigerated for a couple of hours. The consistency came out like pudding and it was very rich and filling but not heavy, like some dairy-based pudding can be.

Tam
  • thank you!
    I have been trying to come up with ideas that I can use different sweeteners with as I don't do well with Splenda or Aspertame...I can totally use something else as a substitute in this since it doesn't need to be cooked!

I can't wait to make this!!!
  • Do you think this would work with milk as I cant seem to find sugar free soymilk here...