Peanut Butter Cookies - Phase I

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • I was lookign at the WW snickerdoodle Recipe and I wondered if you could make the Splenda "brown Sugar" she talked about and use it for the PB cookies?
  • Can Truvia be used in this recipe?
  • If you like peanutbutter make the cheesecakemuffins wth peanutbutter in them they are one of the best recipes I have found on here hope to make some tommorow Viole6t
  • Quote: Can Truvia be used in this recipe?
    I've wondered the same thing but haven't tried it yet. When I was in college we made these in the dorm, with sugar, not artificial sweetener, so the Splenda doesn't have any magical properties... I haven't baked with Truvia yet though. Be sure to let us know how they come out if you try it.

(I love these and fix them often. I bring them to things at school or church and to friends' homes and they always go over well. I use less peanut butter and 1 cup of Splenda, and I make my cookies small - usually 21 or 22 to a batch - and bake them at 350 for 11 minutes. With less PB they have more of a shiny, meringue type consistency on the outside and they taste great but I don't have to worry as much about going over my daily allowance of nuts.)
  • These look awesome...Heidi58, how much less peanut butter do you use?...I want to make some...
  • Made these at christmas,and they were a HIT i tell you. An absolute hit.
  • Quote: These look awesome...Heidi58, how much less peanut butter do you use?...I want to make some...
    About 3/4 cup of PB.
    We like crunchy style best.
  • i dont understand how mine came out quite bitter tasting. They were horrible.. I followed the recipe as posted and then added in the 2tbsp of unsweetend cocoa powder and up'd the vanilla..but still..quite bitter..any thoughts?? on why it might have happend?
  • Did anyone Try it with Truvia?
  • I've made these cookies before and turn out pretty good. I love nuts, so I also use the chuncky style PB.
  • Quote: Did anyone Try it with Truvia?
    I made them with Stevia Extract in the Raw this evening and I'm happy with them.

(I don't use Truvia because it containes erythritol and sugar alcohols cause me embarrassing side effects, but both are stevia sweeteners.....)
  • I made them last night and they really hit the spot!
  • I made these this evening. I thought I made average size cookies, but I only got 8 cookies total. So I am just going to eat one at a time. I baked them for about 7 minutes and they have an interesting consistency, very crumbly. I think I would rather just eat some peanut butter off a spoon and not have all that artificial sweetener. If you are a cookie person though I would say try them.

UPDATE: I froze the cookies so they would keep. I ate one directly out of the freezer and it was awesome. It had a normal peanut butter cookie texture. I have made this recipe now a couple times and have frozen the cookies and we love them frozen! Who would have thought?
  • I made these the other night and loved them! My husband complained about the texture, but I slightly undercooked them because I like cookies squishy. He's not on the SBD anyway so his opinion doesn't matter!
  • These cookies saved my life today. And my husband's. (It was one of those "give me peanut butter cups or someone is going to die today" days.) Heh. I added cocoa powder to them and it definitely satisfied my craving for the chocolate peanut butter combo.