Ziploc Ice Cream (Phases I and II)

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Ohh...adding chocolate would be divine! either cocoa powder or sf chocolate syrup- i've also seen that sweet n low makes sf strawberry syrup. I'm going to have to try this- the great thing is that it's JUST ONE SERVING, which is good for those of us with a history of "portion distortion".
  • Wowwowwow! We had this for dessert tonight, and oh la la, it was perfect! I made mine vanilla, and it was nice and rich- even better than storebought! I loved it, and the portion was perfect- not too skimpy after a nice dinner. It satisfied my ice-cream-lover side for sure! It was fun to make (we too used the dryer technique). I added a teaspoon of cocoa powder to my dad's and stepmom's and it was delicious as well. We'll definately be doing this again, and the great news is, there's no leftovers or a big carton sitting around to tempt us. When we want it (though the cravings are gone) we have to make it! Loved it! Thanks!
  • So I just went back to Phase I this week and I've REALLY been missing my homemade pumpkin spice frappucinos (made w/ no-sugar-added vanilla ice cream). I used this recipe tonight and threw it in my Ninja w/ some pumpkin spice coffee...worked like a charm!!! It's thinner than my normal frappucino (I'm sure that could be solved by shaking an extra minute or so or even by just throwing it in the freezer a few minutes) but still provides the same taste. Awesome!!!
  • Omg this is the best thing EVER! I added chopped peaches after it was done. Made w double batch & my 2 yr old pretty much ate it all! I'd eat tbis everyday.
  • Oh nice!! I've been wanting ice cream!! I have one of those Cuisinart ice cream makers too...it's been collecting dust! I'll be putting it to use now...he he
  • I've got to try this! And my jaw hit the floor when you mentioned the dryer! I want an ice cream machine so bad but until then I'll settle for plastic bags thankful that I've done homemade before or I'd definitely get salty ice cream.
  • Whoa, this is a great recipe! I don't know why I never saw this before. I am going to make this tomorrow, but I'll probably add some hershey's cocoa powder to it. I'm excited!

Edit: hahahha, love the dryer idea. I'll do that!