Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #1  
Hippie Chick

S/C/G: 165/150/120

Height: 5'2

Post Eating Disorders, Depression, Low Self-Esteem

Does anyone else have these problems?
I have all three, no one knows though because I'm good at acting.
Has anyone gotten rid of one of these problems?
I'm trying by setting my weight goal from 90lbs to 120lbs
Does anyone have any advise for a girl trying to be more selfconfident?
Thankies!
WinterSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 06:55 PM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi and

I think its great you changed your goal to 120 lbs, that sounds good and healthy to me. Have you been checked out by a doctor for depression? that would be a great place to start.

We do have an eating disorder board here that you might want to check out, the ladies there have so much insite to offer.

Hugs and Kisses !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #3  
Hippie Chick

S/C/G: 165/150/120

Height: 5'2

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Hi and

I think its great you changed your goal to 120 lbs, that sounds good and healthy to me. Have you been checked out by a doctor for depression? that would be a great place to start.

We do have an eating disorder board here that you might want to check out, the ladies there have so much insite to offer.

Hugs and Kisses !!
Thanks so much, I'll check it out.

My doctor tried to diagnos me when she saw my scars from self-mutilation but when she asked about them I started to have a panic attack and when she started talking to my Mom about depression meds it got worse and I refused to answer questions truthfully.
I'm weird like that, I don't like people to know I'm suffering.
WinterSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 12:33 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

WinterSweet, what a pretty name for a pretty girl I'm sure. I don't think you're weird at all but if you don't let people know you're suffering hun, no one can help you. You must share with someone... Find an adult that you trust, a counsellor at school, a teacher, there must be ONE adult in your life that you trust and that can help you. We can advise you but we're ONLY the internet and you need help from someone closer in your real life.

I commend you though for at least taking a first step and talking about it...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote