Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 06-26-2006, 12:29 PM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Weekly Chat - June 26th - July 2nd

Good Morning,

Thought I'd kick up a weekly chat while things are slowing down in here. Summer time folks are enjoying the weather and vacationing so it gets slow here.

How is everyone today? Its still raining and I think I'm growing mushrooms out of my ears LOL.

Liz, sorry your under the weather (to say the least).

Whats up everyone ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:17 PM   #2  
Walking by faith

Default Hi Leenie (and all you other wonderful ladies)

I'm still here..still getting my house in order . My DH is outside with one of the young men from church working on putting our new shed together. It will be a blessing to have that done..more space to put STUFF! Tomorrow I see my foot surgeon. I'm just asking for prayer, because I don't want another surgery..but unless God performs a miracle, it's probably unavoidable.

Welcome to all the new 'faces' around here! This is the best weight loss support site on the 'net..and the best forum!

Leenie: I can't believe the weather up there! You need to send us down some of that rain. It's as dry as toast here! My nephew is getting married this Friday. I won't be able to be there (it's on Cape Cod) . It's supposed to be an outdoor ceremony, and I'm praying for good weather for them.

Liz: I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick. Didn't you already see a doctor and get diagnosed with Gastric Reflux ? I know that stress can do terrible things to you. Please try to slow down! As for doctors, it's like that in the States too. Certain specialites (like Neurology) you have to wait for weeks, sometimes months for an appointment (especially if it's a good doctor). Maybe you can get in a little sooner

Cathy, CIN, Tippy, and everyone else

Have a great day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 03:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I took my kids to swimming lessons today. I am doing a mom and tot class with my DD (22 mo) and then my DS (5) is doing another one. I already went to water aerobics this morning, I had to run home put my suit in the dryer and then pull back out just in time to go to the lessons. I am beginning to feel like I live at the pool. I usually do the water aerobics at night but DH's schedule is weird this week so I am having to do it in the morning. Anyway I ended up with private lessons this morning. I guess not many people come in the mornings and in the evening there are a ton of people. It was kind of fun to have the lessons by myself. I also plan to go walking with my sister today. There is a school near here, used to be a high school so they have a track but then they knocked down the school and built a new elementary, so they have toys for the kids to play on, we decided it would be perfect for walking together so that we can keep track of how far we walk and the kids can play. Well that is what I have planned for the rest of the day. Have a great one all.

Leenie here is hoping that your weather gets a little better.
Joanne here is hoping not another surgery good luck.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:04 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

good morning gang!

I'm back from a week in Branson, Missouri with my mom! We drove back 12 hours straight yesterday and boy is my behind sore!!! LOL We had a great time - did lots of shopping and saw lots of great shows and the humidity was low which was really nice!

I have over 800 emails to go thru - good grief! I've got lots of clothes to wash and things to get put up before I go back to work tomorrow. I'm just hoping I don't faint when I see my desk ;-)

Hope all is well -

hugs Leenie - how is work and home?

Joanne - so good to see ya girlie! sounds like y'all still have some good friends helping - that is awesome! Please let us know how it goes with the doc today. I am praying for you!

Liz - how r u feeling today? so sorry you are having problems!!! I'm praying for you too!

Tippy - did y'all get your computer working?

Trish - congrats on all that exercise!

Cin - how is WW going? how many meetings this week? you must be feeling great and recovered and now you're a busy little bee again.

Hope everyone has a great day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 10:25 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good morning

Joanne, good luck at the doctors :hugs: let us know how you make out. More stuff IS fun Its supposed to be nice this friday so hopefully your nephew will have a good shot at nice weather for his wedding. I'll cross my body parts for him LOL.

Trish private lessons COOL !! thats the best. I had my dd in swim lessons, 1/2 hr 1 x a week. But it had one other kid in it so it was more like 15 minutes 1x a week... expensive too Enjoy your walk.

Cathy welcome back, I'd rub your bum but I can't reach Glad your home and had a good time with Mom.

We are still wet and soggy here, its getting verrrrrrrrry depressing seeing all these dark clouds... phooie lolol. But at least I have a 4 day weekend to look forward to yahoooooooooo !

No plans for the 4th, just me, my POOL I hope, and my family

How bout you all ?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:45 AM   #6  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

hi everyone

I'm back from my latest dip. I tend to post less when I get depressed - go figure. But I'm up and running again.

We are almost completely out of boxes!! I think we only have two left. Then we have all these boxes in the garage for the garage sale. My partner is having a fit about that. Something about the garage needing to be all clean and perfect... whatever She even wanted the garage floor painted... it looks REAL pretty out there!

I'm losing faster now. ****, I'm losing period now. I got a fill (I'm banded) and have some restriction so things are starting to fall into place. I've been working out and making good food choices and it's all going well.

My doctor put me on liquid Lexapro to help me with having to take less pills... that stuff is disgusting! I'd almost rather crush the pills and mix them that way. I'm also on the Klonopin wafers and that's not bad at all.

We are going to Port Aransas this weekend (leaving Thursday) to go deep sea fishing with some of our friends. We rented a beach house and I'm so excited about seeing our friends and getting away. We'll be in town on the 4th, not sure what we're doing on that day.

Anywho, ya'll have a good day.
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #7  

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! Hope everyone is having a good week!
gremlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #8  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning everyone

Thought I would drop in and say "Hi"

Not much going on here. Still hot and sunny which is such a nice change. Saw my Dr yesterday, didn't change anything. One good thing is that he agreed to be my guaranteer(sp) for my passport, so I just need to get the pics and paperwork in to him. Our optomitrist will do the girls. Now hubby needs to find someone. Other than that nothing happening, just the way I like it!

I'm off, so take care of yourselves ladies,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 02:40 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Hi all

I had a bad day yesterday, I did not even go into work. I am not sure what wrong with me.. Most other things in my life are ok, someparts really great! So why do I feel this way? Should I talk to my Dr about uping my dose? I know that having the pills only gives me the ability to feel the happiness, it is up to me to make the days good days, it just so hard sometimes..
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 03:52 PM   #10  
Angela

S/C/G: 275/260/150?

Yes, it is hard sometimes. I would say if this feel persists, then go to the doctor to increase your meds. What meds are you on and at what dose? However, I'm a big believer in just accepting that I'm feeling 'off center' and that 'this too shall pass.' I just give myself permission to be pooty for a bit and then I'm back up and running. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
CJsPrincess816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:52 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 293/ticker/135

Today has been a pretty good day. I had water aerobics again and really enjoyed it. I did about what I have been lately swimming before hand and then doing the aerobics. Also was DS (5) last t-ball game today so walked to the park for that and just got back.

Nickel I agree with Angela about giving it a few days and see if things perk up. If they don't and you can't shake it then you do need to see your doctor, but sometimes we are just glooming even if we have pills to help with that.

Angela I am so jealous about deep sea fishing. I am landlocked and I used to get out to deep sea fish once a year at least. In fact when I was a teenager I used to spend my summers on the Washington coast. It is now more like once every 5 years. Have a blast with the fishing and the beach house.

Cathy- I bet Branson was a blast you will have to tell us all about it. That is one place I have been semi interested in seeing. I hope it was fun.

Leenie- I really hope it dries up for you soon.

Buddly- Did I miss that you were going somewhere fun?

Gremelina- I hope you are doing well over there in Germany. By the way where are you over there. I lived there for a while, when I was little.

Trish
trishn222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:54 PM   #12  
CURVY VIXEN

S/C/G: 205/194/128

Height: 5'2''

if it rains one more minute i'm gonna scream!! the north east has been raining for weeks... not helping with my depression. !!
Attached Images
File Type: png 6783100.png (6.1 KB, 44 views)
purplepansy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:36 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Booo !

Bbl :d
Old 06-28-2006, 01:24 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/191/150

Thanks guys, I think I was just worried about nothing, and my ex was acting kinda weird lately, I have been very confused.. But I am going on a date at lunch it has been at least a month since I have been on a real date.. My ex has been spending alot of time with me lately, I am not sure if we are really dating or he is making an effort to be friends.

Men, gotta love em!
Nicklewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:17 AM   #15  

I'm here but no time to read all the posts......miss you all!

Live is too busy......school is over!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote