3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Side Effects of Depression Meds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/86464-side-effects-depression-meds.html)

reneed70 06-09-2006 08:38 AM

Side Effects of Depression Meds

I have been on Lexapro for about a month. I am feeling so much better mentally but to be honest I am feeling the sexual side effects. I have NO interest in sex at all and I've always leaned the other way, having a high sex drive. Plus when we do make love, I find that I can't get there if you know what I mean.:o
I hate to have to go off the meds when I am feeling so much better about life in general, but we are trying to conceive so I want to "want to", know what I mean? LOL

Thanks for any advice and sorry if this is TMI.

Renee

srmb60 06-09-2006 08:45 AM

My doctor told me that there are lots of meds to choose from, nobody has to live with unconfortable side effects. Go back and talk to your Doc.

fitbyforty 06-09-2006 09:35 AM

Wellbutrin is said to have a low risk of sexual side effects.

chaoskitty 06-09-2006 09:39 AM

I pretty much had the same problem with Prozac so I switched to Wellbutrin xl. The wellbutrin was okay and the want to came back, but only about as 1/4 as strong as before, so I could take or leave sex. I'd rather be depressed and horny, thank you very much.

Good luck!

kitty

neicey1971 06-09-2006 10:58 AM

I had the opposite side effects with Prozac and Xanax. It sent my sex drive through the window, to the point the my then husband wasn't enough. It gave me the desire to want other men. I had never cheated before and nor have had the desires to since I've been off the meds.

Guess it reacts differently on everyone.

mommieof2 06-09-2006 11:27 AM

Wellbutrin xl has worked wonders on my depression and it has sent my "want" thru the roof!! I am very pleased with Wellbutrin, but like someone else said different meds have different side effects for each person. Talk to your doctor is my advice.

Misty

Leenie 06-09-2006 11:39 AM

:corn: :write:

Nicklewise 06-09-2006 12:24 PM

lol, I have been on effexor since feb and it has sent my sex drive into space, to bad I was not really seeing anyone just sleeping with the ex so I could get some relief..lol

Talk to your Dr, and ask for another type of med! Nobody should have to suffer.

trishn222 06-09-2006 05:08 PM

I am on effexor and my sex drive has always been through the roof and it still is. Also if you would beleive exersise usually helps with a sex drive also. (Just another good reason to exersise)
Trish

CJsPrincess816 06-10-2006 11:05 AM

Leenie,

You crack me up! :rofl:

Ottoette 06-15-2006 04:53 PM

I dunno about lexapro, but on zoloft, my doc would have me take honeymoons - not take it on Friday and Sat every other week. It REALLY helped!!
Kim

cemetarysiren25 06-15-2006 05:01 PM

It's amazing how different meds affect everyone differently. I never had a problem with meds affecting my sex drive. EXCEPT when I went on Effexor. No matter what I tried, I could never have an orgasm, not even "by myself". It was HORRIBLE! As soon as I went off of it, I was back and happier than ever! LOL