Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-31-2006, 08:31 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - May 31st

Bye bye May

Good Morning,

It was good to read up on you all yesterday.

Its hot here too, sticky as well. After that long winter, I really don't care how hot it gets. The winter just brings me down SAD.

I did really good with my eating yesterday.......it was hard because I was comming off of all those sweets I ate over the weekend, bleh.

Did good on water but exercise is always a problem with me.

How are you ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:55 AM   #2  

Off to school with dd8........she has a field trip for Children's theater outdoor festival. Should be nice!
Doctor today.......wonder what she will say. I hope she takes charge..I hate when I feel like I am directing my care.........I really need some help.....I hope my doc doesn't let me down.
Have a good one everyone!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #3  
One day at a time..

S/C/G: 264/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi Leenie

I hear you on the exercise. I have an elliptical at home now and it still is hard. The good thing about it sitting there is I feel I have no excuse, except of course for yesterday, lol. I had worked chest and shoulders Monday and they are so sore! They still hurt today. I walked yesterday still, but no elliptical. I am going to try and get on it now and then go for my walk. I am doing arms today, which I need to do because of this hot weather and the need for short sleeves

I'm getting a new puppy next week and I'm super excited about that! He's a little white chihuahua. Here's a pic [sorry, it's a lil big]:

Gives me something to look forward for. Things have been okay otherwise, except for a couple of small anxiety attacks I get in the middle of the night. My pdoc says that if I were taking the full dose of my meds, they would go away all together, but, some of you may remember, when I was on 60mg of Cymbalta, I was unable to go to the bathroom. Between cutting back to 30mg and fiber cereal, I've managed to get that under control I think not being able to potty caused more anxiety, so I'll deal..

Have a great day!

Candi
MizCandula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 AM   #4  
In it for life!

Default Cute

Aww, your new puppy to be is so cute! I love animals but am so very, very allergic to them that I can only admire them from a distance! What are you naming it?
LindaB763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang :wave

I just posted another article in the Depression and Exercise thread if anybody is interested in reading it.

Candi - that is the cutest little dog! what fun! you must be excited!

Leenie - you are doing great with the eating and water! you go girl! come get me and I'll go for a walk with you!

Liz - I hope all goes well with your doc. I've been directing mine and my son's care for many years now - I don't think any doc would be as passionate about it as we are but I understand you wanting a doc to take charge. I just find we are our best advocates. let us know how it goes.

Hi LindaB763 - it's nice to see ya!

Cin - sounds like you and dh had a good day at work yesterday. bet you were GLAD to see your WW gals!

Did y'all see on the national news where the 8 year old little boy in Colorada survived 4 days in the woods alone. What a miracle to find that child alive and well. what a blessing!

Hope everyone has a blessed day!
hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:34 AM   #6  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

DH was at work last night/early this morning, and had an accident while on the job. He slipped on some ice on the freezer floor, and his legs went out from under him and he landed smack down hard on his left hip! He could barely walk or stand, so the other Manager took him directly to the ER.... DH had x-rays taken, and nothing is broken, just badly bruised! It could have been alot worse! DH got a doc note saying that he can't work tomorrow, which I have a feeling won't go over very well at all! We filed a claim with Workers Comp, which they will complain about as well.... There shouldn't have been ice on the freezer floor in the first place!!! The only reason there was is because everytime it rains the roof above the freezer leaks, and the water drips onto the floor, causing ice!!! So it's the OWNERS responsibility to fix that, which from what we found out, he's been told numerous times over the course of 14 YEARS, and it STILL hasn't been done!!! They should be lucky I'm not sueing them, or anything! Tongue It's terrible!!!

So I was up most of the night at the ER, and we didn't get home till 4:30 AM, then it took awhile to get everything figured out.... so I didn't get to bed till about 6:30, then the phone rang at 8:30, and I've been up ever since..... So it's been quite a night!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:40 AM   #7  

Aww Amanda sorry to hear about hubby.......get some rest today.

Cathy if I was trained as a medical doctor it would help to make medical decisions........I understand we have to educate ourselves to make informed decisions but I need some options.

Have a good one everyone.

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:38 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 232 just getting started on it

That sucks Amanda! I know the feeling! My husband fell at work a few years ago and he fractured his elbow. He had to file with Worker's Comp, and the Dr. they sent him too "did nothing". Several months later he went to get a second opinion and that Dr. said he definetly needed surgery. We had to file a claim against workers comp. and we wound up with a settlement for their neglect. I would be carefull with them even after your husband files. You have to stay on top of them or he will become just paperwork on top of someone's desk. We aren't the type to sue but we suffered for months with a very low income and had to file bankruptcy because of it. I'm not sure how the laws are up there but I know alot of people who have had trouble with worker's comp. claims. Anyways I didn't mean to bum you out I just want you to be carefull. We live and learn and I definetly learned from that!! Hope your Hubby is ok and don't go too crazy having to pamper him LOL!
not2fat2bpretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 11:42 AM   #9  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the heads up!!! I never knew that, and will definately keep on top of it! Gee whiz!
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:17 PM   #10  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Liz good luck with the doc today.

Candi, what a cute pup, watcha gonna name it? Hang in there, hope they get your meds down pat soon.

Linda, are you allergic to all pets or just dogs? I'm allergic to dust, trees, mold and all sorts of stuff but not animals TG!

Amanda that really sucks to hear about your DH's accident, I hope it is just a bruise and nothing that they didn't pick up on. Get a good nights sleep now.

Cathy that is amazing about the little boy, God Is Good !!! Can you believe that I barely, hardly ever watch the news. Its to depressing and well.... who needs more crap on top of everything LOL. How are you doing ?

Girlies, I can fall asleep at my desk today, whats in the air?? I'm so tired. Anyway, enjoy the rest of the day... HUGS !!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 02:37 PM   #11  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hey Ladies.

Just stopping in. My sleep schedule is now all messed up........I'm hoping to get it back tonight so I'm ready for work tomorrow night.

Feeling a bit blue today and my back is achin so I decided to just loaf today. Well except for doing laundry. Maybe if it cools down later I can talk hub into a walk..............

Hope you all have a Great Wednesday!

*Flady*
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:51 PM   #12  

Hello everyone.
Sorry to have been absent, but I was majorly down in the back and spent the entire weekend in bed. If I moved I was in horrific pain. I finally got into the chiro yesterday and I had 4 vertebrae out! He popped and cracked and me and did some electro-therapy. I feel much better, very sore but many, many less muscle spasms, which hurt SO bad. Sorry to complain, but WOW it hurt Seems like I always hurt myself on a long weekend! LOL
Hope everyone had a lovely weekend. I tell ya, I got a lot of TV watching done.
Sticking to my diet pretty well except for the watermelon lemonade I drank at Max & Erma's last night. Mmmm! It was good.
I wish i could get out there and do my walking but gonna be safe for a few days due to my back, plus it's so hot here in Ohio. 95+ today.
Hugs2All
Renee
reneed70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:40 PM   #13  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hi ladies. Me again. I just wanted to share that I am now feeling better. I got off my duff and decided to go on ahead and get my cleaning done and afterwards I feel much better. I guess that is all I needed was to get off my duff. lol.

But I do think my TOM is at least "Trying" to come to visit me. I wish it'd come and be over with! lol.

Renee - hang in there girl. I so know where your coming from! I was in a car accident many years ago which resulted in a spinal injury so my back goes out and spasms from time to time, this morning infact. I am feeling better now, but I've been where you are, many, many, times. Gentle

Have a Great Night Ladies!

*Flady*
Fellow Cyster
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:21 PM   #14  

I'm on vacation this week and I'm struggling with staying in bed and not doing anything. I was afraid this would happen.

Tomorrow I have to get up and do what I need to do to get what I need to get done done (how's that for explanatory? I think I confused myself).
CJ :) is offline   Reply With Quote