Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-23-2006, 10:28 PM   #1  

Default Any other bi-polar's out there?

I am 'newer' to the boards and I came across this part and I was wondering if ther is any other bi-polars on here? I was DXed bi-polar in February 2001 and have been on and off meds since.

I just got in to see a new doc and they put me on seroquil, lamictal, and lexapro. I have been on the lexapro before, but the others are new.

any one w/ bipolar who wants a buddy as we fight this just reply or send me a pm.
Aneles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 12:36 AM   #2  
Hot Mama

Hi Selena. I was diagnosed major depressive 6 years ago, then last month they changed it to major depressive with a side of bipolar. So I just started lamictal, and I am also on celexa.

This is a great place to come for support. Welcome!
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 09:58 AM   #3  

Height: 5'9

I was diagnosed as major depressive when I was 12 (in 1992) by my family doctor. Then, after being on a lot of different meds over the years, I was hospitalized in 2000 for suicidal thoughts and MAJOR depression. While in there, I was diagnosed by a psychiatrist as bipolar.
I was totally WAY over-medicated for about four years and then found another doctor for my meds. I love him!! He has me on Lexapro, Seroquel and Trileptal and I've never felt so wonderful.
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #4  

Hi Selena,
I was dx'd BPII last year and currently on Cymbalta & Lamictal. I love lamictal, makes me feel really even w/out any fatigue or sleepyness. My mom is BP as well so it's been nice to have someone really understand where I'm coming from and what I'm feeling. I feel lucky in that regard. Just wish we didnt have to bond over something like this!

Best of luck to you on your continued journey to better health. Ever want to talk I'm only a PM away, okay?

Take care!
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:26 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

Hello,

I have major depression/ hypermania. I take Wellbutrin and Lamictal. I used to take Lexapro, and then Celexa, but switched due to gaining weight from it...even though there are many different things on the mental health smorgasboard, it's the type of thing that only someone who thinks like you do, or deals w/ the same things will really understand.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:14 AM   #6  

Height: 5'9

My father is Bipolar, so I suppose that I inherited it from him. Alright! Mental illness!! Hehehe Though, it's really nice to have one person in this world that knows how I feel!!
cemetarysiren25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:46 PM   #7  
Dream Big

S/C/G: 233.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Rapid Cycling Bipolar here. I was dx'd with depression about 6 years ago and then redx'd as bipolar about 1 1/2 ago. I've been on and off meds since then. This is a great place for support. You'll like it here.
timmyshawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 02:25 PM   #8  

nice to meet all of you. I am glad i am not the only one suffering with this disease and that we all have a nice support group here. hope to chat more with you all soon.
Aneles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 09:44 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 220/194/150

Height: 5'7

In a strange way, it's like being in a club or something, because of the common bonds: weight loss and mental illness.
Optical Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:37 PM   #10  

Daughter of a bipolar mom here
Gawdess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #11  
I want to loose it all!

S/C/G: 265/230/145

I was diagnosed with manic depressive/Bi-polar just recently. I have been battling with depression and axiety for about 7 years now. I know for a fact that being overwieght and having mental illness is not a very good mix. I find that I am hard on myself more than I should be. Having good support is the key to get through life, and wieght loss, and that is what we are here for.
Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 12:50 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 252/252/145

Height: 5'5"

BiPolar here as well. Mostly managed, though still working out some kinks - I guess it'll always be like that though, eh?

I'm up for buddying up for the mental health/weight loss battle
Sinister Spackle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 08:32 PM   #13  
I want to loose it all!

S/C/G: 265/230/145

I would love to buddy up for mental health and wieght loss battles. Maybe we will be able to understand and help each other better, because we will know what it is like....kind of like sharing the same brain...lol...funny but true in a strange way
Cholie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 01:32 AM   #14  
I will not fail!

S/C/G: 282/272/180

Height: 5' 10"

I think I am bi-polor but I dont know how to bring it up to my doctor? I'm not a very open person.
Jtjoray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:22 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 322/255/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Girls!

I am Bi-Polar and also have Borderline Personality Disorder - just switched meds to Lamictal and LOVE it! Haven't felt this good in YEARS!

I am EXTREMELY overweight and would love to join your list! The more support the better!

Take Care and Be Good to yourselves ~~~~

Lori
mom2fivesweeties is offline   Reply With Quote