Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-08-2006, 11:47 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 228/215/160

Height: 5 ft 5

Hi marcie,

i missed the post i guess that you talked about your therapy ins. running out..
you are allowed so many visits a year right?

if your counselor/psychiatrist believes it is in your best interest to have more, they usually can contact the insurance company and request more..

Forgive me if this is info you already know..
i just know that my insurance works this way, and all the others that i've had.,
God Bless you,
Keep looking there has to be help out there, non profit or something
campbellredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 12:13 PM   #77  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everyone! I'm sorry it's been so long. I've been incredibly busy this week. This morning I was supposed to have a CPR refresher class, so all of us lifeguards showed up and hung around at the junior high for an hour and fifteen minutes. The teacher didn't show up and never answered his phone so we left. Gah!

I hope everyone is doing well. <3 you all! Laterz.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 03:29 PM   #78  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning everyone. Good advice Jenny on having the therapist contact the insurance. Sure worth a try. I'm sorry you feel lonely. My DH is very quiet too but so am I (so is DS1). We're probably pretty boring. DS2 is very outgoing - drive the 3 of us nuts. Anyway, I used to get very jealous of his alone time but now I realize how much I like mine, so I've gotten better. Definitely you should keep trying to find a confidant, though. If your DH is getting more distant, that's not a good sign.

Marcie, I love summer too. Just being outside is so nice. DH and I took the doggies around the big block, the 3 mile one - big hills and everything. It sleeted and drizzled on us a few times, but it was so wonderful to breath the fresh air. Cold air aggravates my asthma so I don't like walking outside in the winter. Now that the calendar says spring (not sure Mother Nature got the notice), I just want to be outdoors.

SweetPea, what are you going to do on your mini trip. You're more brave than me. I hate traveling and would never do it voluntarily. Like in July, I HAVE to go to visit my family. I got it down to 7 days and two of those days are for traveling. So 5 days for both DH and my family. Too bad for them, I don't want to go even for the 7 days.

<3, sorry about the class. That would be frustrating. When I was a lifeguard, I always thought it was goofy to have the refresher classes for CPR (I was also an instructor). Sure couldn't understand the need when I taught the darn thing.

Well, time to do other things. I'll chat with you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 06:43 PM   #79  
Hot Mama

Today is not a good day. I am so tired, and so irritable. Went to the store with the kids, almost strangled them. Then took them to lunch. Should have learned my lesson at the store, right? Anyway, just checking in here. I'm going back to bed.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #80  
The High-Carb Rebel

Marie - Yeah, it's pretty pointless, although I can understand it for this year because I guess the way CPR is done changed. I'm not sure who has the authority to change it, but they've increased the number of compressions now. Eh, whatever.
Old 04-09-2006, 01:40 AM   #81  

wow you guys have been busy posting!!!

i am going to run back outside. but the good news is a couple came today and loved the house. they came 2x and brought friends. they are going to the council to see if they can add a deck and french doors and then hope to make an offer when i return from holiday. how cool is that

i didn't get the dogs to the kennels because i was delayed at the vet and seeing the buyers 2x but that's ok.

back in an hour or so
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:53 AM   #82  

i'm back now and have caught up on all your news!

jenny - have you talked to hubby at all to find out if anything is bothering him? i can understand this will be a big change for you when your neighbour moves. i have to admit the stuff you wrote about friends rang big bells for me. it really was familiar. school is so different, same with uni. seems like you all just go around in big groups together and always have mates to do stuff with and best friends go with the territory. plus dating is different too. so much easier to meet a guy when you see each other all the time

i am getting lonely for friends but also for the first time in years i am thinking i want a man! oh boy imagine that. don't let my mother hear me say that... it's not like me. usually when we go to pubs and the girls are like let's go to so and so place there are nicer men there i'm like who cares i didn't come out to look for men. now... well let's just say i could be keen!

<3 bummer about the teacher not turning up for the refresher. i guess you will have to do it again. still i'm impressed you're a lifeguard. you must be pretty fit!

marie - oh those walks do sound good. i live in a very dog unfriendly place. for example dogs aren't allowed on one side of the main road, which of course is where i like to go because the post office and library are there,,, and mcdonalds haha.

i don't normally like going away but i absolutely need a break and going to Auckland is like going home for me as i lived there for > 30 yrs. i am needing to make a decision about where to live. i think i'd like to go back to the country but i am also thinking about moving back to auckland but that's the opposite it's the biggest city in the country! i have decided to stay at a hotel this time and be pampered. it's off season so not too much $. might even go have a facial or something different. haven't really planned anything. have 2 people i might catch up with. one i haven't seen for 3 yrs as she has been in Korea for a while. the other i saw in January. we have a "connection" we seem to be on the same wave length so i find that uplifting. altho last time i saw him i was also a bit sad when i left as it accentuated how isolated i am right now.

marcie - irritable oh boy i know about that. i told a complete stranger to F off yday. is that nasty or what. my friends thought it was hilarious. i am somewhat unpredictable shall we say. i hope you feel better soon Marcie. have you started the new pills yet? i think you were phasing off the old meds. fingers crossed they start working for you

i have been a bit up and down today. things got mucked up because i had to wait an hour at the vet. they had an emergency they had to see first and so i will take the dogs to the kennels tmrw. that's ok but i was hoping not to have that extra travel. it adds almost an hour to get there and back to the kennels and i wanted to break my day.
Old 04-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 194/192/145

Height: 5'3

Morning Everyone
I am going on a little trip to CT with my family we're going to Mystic. Anyway, I am going to try to eat lots of veggies and fish while I am there which shouldn't be too hard since it is a seaport town. We're suppossed to get great weather and we're comming back on my birthday April 13, but I won't be able to talk to you all for a few days so Im going to journal everything, its not as good as talking to you guys but it works.

POOR MARCIE! My mom would agree with that feeling on many occassions lol hang in there you'll be less irritable soon.

lessthansign3- I hate it when people are suppossed to show up, then they make you wait and then never come! How in considerate! uggh

Talk to you all on Thursday
KristenElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 11:02 AM   #84  
The High-Carb Rebel

Hey everybody! How's it going? Things are very good for me today. Despite eating too much yesterday, I weighed in today and I'm down another 2 lbs!! Whoo!! That's so exciting!! I have yet to reach a real plateau. I've been steadily losing two pounds a week. It feels great.

Marcie - I know how it is!! Yesterday I felt very tired, too. I slept another 12 hours again last night. I think I'm all rested up now, at least I hope!!

I hope everyone has a good day <333
Old 04-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #85  
Lifelong Journey Member

Morning everyone. Way to go, <3. You are doing so fabulous. how's the weather in MN? Sometimes I think movning from there was a mistake seeing the weather is so crappy here for a second spring in a row.

SweetPea, my fingers are crossed and I hope the council let's the potential buyers do what they need so you can move on. Have fun on your trip and a facial sounds nice. I was really thinking a massage sounds good yesterday. Instead I took a long bubble bath. I thought of you Marcie (since it was your idea last week). I lit the candle and orange blossom scent filled the bathroom. It was great.

I walked this morning to the DVD since it's snowing outside - again. I did tell the doggies that I will take them around the small block (2 miler) this afternoon if it's nice out. But I bet that won't happen.

I knitted yesterday and have been rebuilding DH computer again as well as doing some "homework" for work. I've been busy but am starting to peter out. I'm a little tired today. Bummer.

Marcie, sorry about the adventure out with the kids. Maybe when your hubby returns, you can go out by yourself for some peace and quiet. And hopefully your meds will start to work.

I'll chat with you later.
Marie
Old 04-09-2006, 01:07 PM   #86  
The High-Carb Rebel

Marie - Thanks!! ^_^ The weather here has been pretty decent. It's been VERY rainy and soggy outside, but it's not so bad. Where in MN did you live? I'm 30 miles east of Mankato, in the south-central area. I'm moving to Minneapolis next year for college, though, and I can't wait!!!
Old 04-09-2006, 04:19 PM   #87  
Hot Mama

Checking in. Still depressed. Talk later.
Marciet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 04:36 PM   #88  

hi all

marcie - hope you feel better soon and keep checking in!

Marie and <3 you are both so busy busy!!! way to go

Kristen have a good trip ooooooh birthday soon how exciting

i am leaving verrrrry soon for my trip away for a couple of days. it's a big deal for me even tho it's really not a big trip. hardly slept at all last night hope i stay awake for the trip. and i have diarrhoea yuck. guess that's nerves too

anyway i hope it gives me the space to make some decisions. see you guys in 2-3 days

everyone take care
Old 04-09-2006, 05:43 PM   #89  
Lifelong Journey Member

Marcie, I sure hope you'll feel better soon. I'm in a little bit of a blah mood. I was doing better before I read the journals this morning. Someone said "I hate bi-polar people". Talk about insensitive. Anyway, I didn't let it slide.

SweetPea, have fun on your trip. Relax and enjoy yourself.

<3 I lived in Duluth before moving here and I KNOW the weather is better here than there. Before that I lived in the Minneapolis area and I went to college in St. Peter. Definitely been all over the state.

Well, Nascar is boring but the computer is almost done so that's good. I refused to rebuild it again.
Marie
Old 04-09-2006, 08:17 PM   #90  
The High-Carb Rebel

Marie - Did you go to college at Gustavus? I was going to go there, but it is just too close and too similar to Waseca for my tastes. A lot of people from my high school go there. Bleh. Duluth would have pretty crappy weather. Down here it isn't quite as cold and snowy. Still, I love MN. If I were going to live in the US, I'd want to stay here. I don't really want to live in the US, though. I want to live in Japan again :P