Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-09-2006, 04:01 PM   #31  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everyone I haven't been here long enough so I don't know about these daily chat threads :P

Today started out very rocky but I'm feeling much better now. A good nap and a bike ride really helped. I had to see the dentist today. Only one cavity!! I'm excited because I was sure it'd be worse. They said I should go back to the orthodontist since some of my teeth are moving again, though. I'll probably have to get a new retainer made. Mine doesn't fit anymore. At least I won't have to have braces ever again!! It's been probably five years now since I've had them off and I never want to go back.
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 06:28 PM   #32  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

SweetPea, I loved it. "She didn't yelp, she screamed... It was hideous." Geez, that's precious. Hideous. I love it. Ya just gotta love doggies.

I'm t minus 32 minutes from liftoff - in other words I get off of work in 32 minutes.

Well, back to work.
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 07:45 PM   #33  

dogs sure know how to manipulate their mommy! haha glad you enjoyed it

she seemed fine in the wood shed. it is covered but well ventilated with bricks in the side that have holes in the she can see through. her own bed and i threw a bone in there and a ball and water. we'll do that for a while until i get fencing organised or move

OOPS! better go see where she is
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 08:18 PM   #34  

Good afternoon all....just dropping in to say hello.....DS2 & his GF are still visiting from Victoria.....having a nice time.

I do like the weekly thread.....I live in the Pacific time zone....when it was the daily thread....by the time I got to the computer.....it was later in the afternoon.....so often I wouldn't post.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 11:50 PM   #35  

Hi Cathy so sweet of you to be looking for us........I am not enjoying the new format.......doesn't suit my habits.

I still think of you my 3fc friends..........it is certainly an evolution.....miss you!

L
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 03:22 AM   #36  

hi all
i planned to go dancing tonight but was so tired i went to bed instead. i was so resolved to go too!!! but then i let the tiredness win. maybe better next time...

liz sorry it doesn't suit you to have a weekly thread, but glad some of us like it hehe. april i'm like you. being in NZ i am 20 hours ahead of most of you so the daily thread was confusing hehe
Old 03-10-2006, 02:08 PM   #37  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Hi All!!! It's FRIDAY!!!! Yeah!!! Work has a soap opera going on so I'm very happy to be leaving it in a few hours for three days. I'm taking Monday off. So TGIF!!!!

I don't have any plans this weekend. Knit, exercise and play with the baby and doggies. Sounds delightful to me. I plan to finish my sister's sweater so I can send it out early next week. That way she'll get it for her birthday. Right now she's vacationing in Hawaii so she doesn't need a sweater. But when she returns to Iowa, she probably will. Winter in Oregon hasn't lost it's grip. Yuck!!!

Talk to you later.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:04 PM   #38  

morning

lovely and sunny here. i plan to spend today:
- doing the washing
- some reading (mystery novel)
- writing
- chasing my escape artist dog
- mowing the lawns (pet hate)

hope everyone has fun.
ugh i am having sweetie cravings specifically chocolate. hmmm and i did say i'd try to eat healthily the next 2 weeks in the run up to my speech comp. decisions decisions...
Old 03-10-2006, 10:37 PM   #39  
The High-Carb Rebel

S/C/G: 175ish/175ish/145ish

Hey everybody I don't have much time, but just thought I'd stop by. Today I saw my therapist and my dermatologist, went to Perkins where I had only an egg and whole wheat toast, spent some time with my best friend, and rode bike with her. It's been such a beautiful spring day!! If we get a snowstorm I'm going to be soooo angry.

Gotta hit the sack. I have to visit my grandparents tomorrow. I'm a little nervous because they don't know about my depression/anxiety. My mom was worried that if she'd known about this that my grandma would worry herself into a heart attack or something ^^* I hope I don't accidently spill the beans. Heh. Have a good day! <3
lessthansign3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #40  

Off to "sin city"..............have a great weekend.

Hugs to my friends here!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #41  

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone
Boy I'm glad its friday and the start of spring break for the kids. Today I saw my doc. I mentioned to him that the paxil helped with the anxiety, but I still had the depression, so I asked him about the counselling that he mentioned when I first went to him. He asked if I wanted to up my dose, I told him I didn't, so he told me to just go to mental health and tell them I need help and they will go from there. So I guess I have to pluck up the courage and try that. My sister wants to have some couselling (she had some before she moved here and it helped) So I told her we could go together.
Other than that I just did some grocery shopping. Looking foreward to staying home and doing mostly nothing tomorrow. I still need to clear the snow drifts from the end of the driveway, our paper was in a plastic bag and tossed this morning as the paperperson can't get to the box.

Anyway I should get going and get my kitchen tidied up.

Take care everyone,
K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:26 AM   #42  

<3 hope it goes well at your grandparents
liz - enjoy sincity

i didn't get as much done today as i'd hoped. i was tired and had a lie down from 430-7pm. spent a lot of time rushing outside to check whether the puppy was jumping the fence.
haven't quite worked out what to do about dinner yet...
Old 03-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #43  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good morning

Oh happy Saturday LOL. I got so much cleaning to do and its supposed to get to 70 degrees today so I want fresh air. I need to clean my car out in the worst way.

Don't know what I'm eating or exercising today... maybe I should write a log/journal and try to track it....but I'm not good at doing that. I have good intentions but poof.... they dissapear fast.

Anyhooodle, whats up?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 07:53 AM   #44  

Default sounds familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Don't know what I'm eating or exercising today... maybe I should write a log/journal and try to track it....but I'm not good at doing that. I have good intentions but poof.... they dissapear fast.

that describes me to a T but i'm trying to change (she says staying up late in the early hours of sunday morn when she should be tucked up in bed)

better go get the dogs in a toddle off to sleep
Old 03-11-2006, 09:02 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 250/199/165

Height: 5 foot 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie
Good morning

Oh happy Saturday LOL. I got so much cleaning to do and its supposed to get to 70 degrees today so I want fresh air. I need to clean my car out in the worst way.

Anyhooodle, whats up?
Sounds like it is gearing up to be a lovely day.. We will have temps in the 60's but are expecting rain and storms.. ah, Indiana weather.

Leenie, I will attest that food journaling has helped me.. If I bite it, I write it..every bite, lick and tastes, LOL.. Your milage may vary. I understand about those disappearing intentions.. Good Luck!
Snoopysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote