3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   Weekly Chat ~ February 20 - 26 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/76663-weekly-chat-%7E-february-20-26-a.html)

cathyxxx 02-20-2006 09:35 AM

Weekly Chat ~ February 20 - 26

good morning gang :wave:

I went ahead and started this up since it looks like I am the first one here this morning.

Well I did not get up at 5 and get in my walking bec it was just too cold to get up but I had already decided that last night. :p It is really raw and cold down here again today brrrrrrrrr Sooooooo I'm walkin on the inside today ;)\

I've got a zillion things to do at work today.

What's everybody up to?

Hope it's a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy

lessthansign3 02-20-2006 09:42 AM

Not much going on here. I'm going to the doctor today to have blood tests done. They're going to check and see if I don't have some physiological problem that is contributing to my anxiety, such as a thyroid problem. Whatever it is, I just want to get better soon!! :(

Oh yeah, and it's cold. Really cold. January was so warm. I <3 Minnesota but it is way too freakin' cold sometimes.

MizCandula 02-20-2006 09:56 AM

Hi everyone :wave:

lessthansign3 - I hope everything goes well at the doctors! :hug:
cathyxxx - I know what you mean about cold.. I don't even wanna go shower cuz the bathroom is freezing!

I had a pretty bad weekend. I think my meds have been causing constipation. I didn't go for a week and felt terrible by Friday. By Saturday, I couldn't eat. I didn't eat all day. I weighed in that morning and had stayed the same, which depressed the **** out of me. My fiance tried calming me down explaining what should've been clear, that you have to go to the bathroom to lose weight - lol - I'm very stubborn. Yesterday, I gotsome Peri-colate and it finally worked. Weighed it last night and had lost 4.5 lbs. My fiance was so happy for me and I wanted to be too, but I kept thinking the weight loss only occurred because I ddidn't eat for a day and a half and took those pills. Ugh.. I hate my brain, lol, it never lets me feel good about myself!

But, it's a new week, so I'm moving on. Gonna walk up to the grocery store today with my pedometer - I love that thing. It really makes me feel like I'm doing something, haha.

Hope everyone's week goes well!

:hug:
Candi

cathyxxx 02-20-2006 10:09 AM

Hi Lessthansign3 - I don't mean to butt into your business but just want to mention a couple of things in case it might help in some way.

My son also dealt with a lot of anxiety which we eventually found out was from a low thyroid problem. Unfortunately, most docs aren't running the more accurate thyroid tests and the problem is being missed for a lot of people. Just wanted to give you the names of the tests to ask that they run.

Please be sure to look at the info posted on the "Depression Article" posted at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49146&page=3
the names of the thyroid tests are listed there.

Also we have been discussing this stuff on the "Anyone else feel overwhelmed" thread at:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=49146&page=3

And there is a great new website with just this sort of info - about the connection between psych problems and thyroid problems at:
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com...ema-craziness/

Let me know if I can help in some way.
take care,
Cathy

cathyxxx 02-20-2006 10:11 AM

Hey Candi - my goodness girl - you must have really need "to go" if you lost 4.5 lbs after going. Poor thing - I'm sure you felt awful. Hope the constipation gets better!

CONGRATS on the 4.5 lb weighloss! :carrot:

Cute dog in your avator - is that yours?
hope you a nice walk to the store. guess it will be a chilly one brrrrr
hugs,
cathy

lessthansign3 02-20-2006 10:37 AM

Thanks for the help :) I'll take a look at those before I go. I'm pretty sure my psychiatrist has given the clinic a real thourough list of tests because he was so concerned about me last Friday. I was nearly hospitalized :( It wasn't fun. I'll let you know what comes back on the tests when I know! <3

flagmama 02-20-2006 11:19 AM

Hey Everybody!!

Home today with DD 9 and DD 4. They both have some upper respiratory crud. Taking them to the doc in about an hour.

Hey Cathy..thanks for the info on the Leslie DVD. I really like her stuff and her presentation too. She's very encouraging without sounding insincere. And her voice doesn't annoy me like Denise Austins.:dizzy:

Weather here is yucky. Cloudy and cold. We southerners whine alot without our sunshine.:D Definate nap day when we return from doc.

Hugs to all,

Sandy

Marie 02-20-2006 01:48 PM

Hi all, things are going good. GS Ethan is doing good. He's out of the oxygen and is scheduled to come home this afternoon. Before they get here I'm going to exercise and shower. So this is just a short note. BTW, more pictures of GS are at www.mariesdogs.info/grandbaby.html but here's a cute on of him. :)
http://www.mariesdogs.info/images/ethan/ethan1a_sm.jpg

Leenie 02-20-2006 02:51 PM

Good Morning,

Cathy thanks for starting up the weekly thread :D Its down right cold here too. Saturday I was a hurting puppy b/c the temperature went down to 18. My arthritis was taking over my entire body, but then by Sunday when the temps got up to 30+ I was feeling better. The teens and 20's kill me. Hang in there, you'll exercise soon.

Lessthan, feel better hon. I hope you get results fast from your doc, this way you can look forward to being happy and healthy. I know it sucks but hang in there... SMOOCH!!

Sandy, hope the girls are feeling better soon. Do they have off this week for winter break?

Candi, your avitar makes me smile :D
I'm sorry you had a rough weekend. You might want to take some fiber pills or powder every day to try to prevent a build up. Talk to your doc about it.
I hear ya about not wanting to shower. I shower before bed and when I get out of that steaming hot water, I am like a popsicle the rest of the night. I usually chase my DH and DD around and say "come here, let me hug you" and they know right away mom wants to plant her hands some where warm LOL. My DD who's 4 says Mom, whats wrong with you LOLOL!!!

Oh Marie, he is so darling, what a beautiful baby boy.... I love to touch the tops of babies heads with my face, real softly, like a tickle, and they smell so good too. Oh do enjoy him :D thanks for the pictures... awwwwwwww.

Nothing much is happening here, just work work work.... *boring*
I'm trying to make healthy choices, but exercise went down the tubes again. Gosh why can't I stick w/it. Anyhoooo.

Whats new with you all?

sweet_pea 02-20-2006 03:04 PM

cathy i did wonder about starting the thread up as i am a day ahead but as i am relatively new didn't want to upset the apple cart lol

i hate super cold weather. where i live is quite mild. if it was supercold i'd move. warmth is good for my mood as is sunshine

i had the absolute worst night sleep i have had for about a mth. i took klonopin before bed as it often helps me sleep but it was a disaster. i woke every hour or 2 and i had just the most horrid nightmare. couldn't even speak after as my throat was so sore and "closed" so i turned on the light and left the room door open as i felt at threat. i am still tired

i am also having ongoing headaches

i have to be really careful. i have stopped the effexor as a test as i was sleeping all the time and i thought it might be causing the headaches. they are very mild but they also make me feel spaced out. i nearly had 2 accidents yday driving as i wasn't able to concentrate. also they make me head feel sort of heavy and it's like i sometimes get when i am super super tired but still trying to concentrate. esp if it's concentrating on a computer screen. it was like my head was swimming. nausea is listed as a side effect of the pills but it's not full on nausea. doc said don't worry side effects aren't so bad. but i hate them!

morning everyone else

marie happy your grandson is out of the oxygen mask/tent thing and that all is good

i have lost some weight too... 2kg =- 4.4lb in the last few days. maybe because i have started walking again altho that really doesn't use that many calories!!!

sweet_pea 02-20-2006 03:04 PM

cathy. i was thinking you post so often about the thyroid. what about just having a whole thread on it somewhere with all the info and one link???

have to admit i'm still not convinced about the whole thyroid thing as the sumptoms are so generic except maybe the hairloss but it's good for people to have a wide range of reading material

buddly 02-20-2006 03:05 PM

Good Morning everyone :wave:

Blah, why does Monday have to come so fast :p Liz - family day, boy do I wish we had that here in BC, just because we need a "mental health" type day in February ;) We don't have any holidays this month, not even a non instructional day at school.

Congrats on the grandson MMarie, boy he looks cute, I love babies :)

Sandy hope your little ones feel better soon. We are still dealing with the flu here.

Candi - congrats on the 4.5 lb loss, good on ya!!:carrot: Hope you feel better. I take a tablespoon of psyllium husks in a half a glass of either orange or V8 juice to keep things moving. Plus lots of water.

lessthan - hope your doctors appt goes well.

Hi Cathy, Leenie, and everyone else!!

Not much going on here, cloudy out so its a little warmer. Picked up the treadmill yesterday and it went to my mom's while I brought home her elliptical machine. Its in the middle of the living room so its getting used. Since I started watching my carbs on the 6th I've lost 9lbs, so I'm really happy about that. I"m trying to follow the beach program, but its working out more the 80/20 program as well. I'm not to concerned at the moment as long as things are moving in the right direction finally.

Anyway I'm off to get some of this mess cleaned up.
Take care everyone and have a great day,
K

flagmama 02-20-2006 03:30 PM

Hey girls,

Back from dr.. Big girl has bronchitis like I thought, little one has URI with conjuctivitis(pink eye). He did not give me a prescription for the little one. Said the eye stuff is no more contagious than the respiratory. But the schools here freak out about pink eye, and say they have to be on antibiotics for 24 hrs before they can retrun. So, I'll either miss another day of work or she'll stay at Granny's house tommorrow. We'll see. I'm enjoying being off a little too much I think.

Leenie--we're not off this week. We don't have a winter break as such. Don't get President's Day either. But we do get 2 days for Mardi Gras next week. I'm right on the Gulf Coast of Alabama, so the Mardi Gras break is pretty normal from here over to Louisiana.

Sweet pea--hang in there--I didn't like being on effexor either. The nausea was probably the worst thing, but that went away after about 2 weeks or so. Then of course the extra sweating is so lovely...that added to the extra sweating from weight gain, not a pretty picture. But I think that if you are not functioning well on the meds you really should see about changing.

Laundry is calling me...and my turn to teach yoga tonight. Later girls!!

Sandy

Snoopysgirl 02-20-2006 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lessthansign3
Not much going on here. I'm going to the doctor today to have blood tests done. They're going to check and see if I don't have some physiological problem that is contributing to my anxiety, such as a thyroid problem. Whatever it is, I just want to get better soon!! :(

Oh yeah, and it's cold. Really cold. January was so warm. I <3 Minnesota but it is way too freakin' cold sometimes.

Have you had your progesterone level checked? That can cause anxiety like thyroid issues too. I hope that you can find answers to you issues. :hug:

Snoopysgirl 02-20-2006 10:11 PM

Hey Everyone,

It is cold...brrr. Can't wait for spring here!:cool: I had another big loss this week (5.8 pounds!). I am so excited because I can start to see some difference in how clothes are fitting. It is encouraging and helps to keep me keeping on. I hope that everyone is keeping on their plans...you can do this. I read an awesome quote that went something like.. are you interested in losing weight or are you committed to losing weight? It had another suggestion for emotional overeaters..to tape a sign that says..I won't find what I am hungry for in here.... hmmmm.. food for thought for me this week.:^:

Later gals!