Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-28-2005, 09:15 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Red face Thursday Chat - July 28th

Good Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone is doing wonderful today.

We had such wicked storms yesterday that our power shut off until 9:30 pm. BOY was it hot. Its funny just how much I really like electricity LOL. We couldn't even shower b/c we have well water and there wasn't enuf water in the reserve. DD decided to flush the toilet twice and that was the end of that LOL. DH went next door and asked to use there pool to cool off (more like bathe lol). Me, I just waited until this morning. If we didn't have power I would have went to my Mothers to shower, there's NO way I'm going to work w/out taking a shower, NO WAY!!!! ick.

Cathy, DD's chin is fine. It is still healing but its doing good. We just kept washing it w/peroxide and putting tripple antibiotic on it a few times a day. Worked out pretty good.

Nothing much is going on today. I got a new job offer but this is in the opposite direction that I drive now. Same company just different site. I'm very torn. The offer is from my previous boss who got promoted 2 years ago. She is taking a differnt position and wants me to join her. WOWEEEE I'm flattered but I just don't know what to do. It would mean alot of runnning for DH with day care and I would miss taking dd to my mom's every day, thats like our time even if its 1/2 hr. But it would only be for a year because then next year she is in school.

Whats shakin w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Wow Leenie - sounds like you have a big decision to make! I pray that you will get guidance from the Lord as to what to do and that He will give you peace and comfort in that decision. Work wise....which would you prefer? working with your old boss? I remember you were upset when she left. I realize you would be driving the opposite direction but would it still be the same amount of drive time for you? Would dd's school in a year happen to be in that new direction or the one you drive now? I will be praying for you as you make a decision girlie. I know it's hard sometimes to make an important decision.

Meagan - I am so sorry to hear about your ankle. Hope it's a little better today! Please be careful on those steps!

The Jane Pauley show today is about women that lost a lot of weight without surgery, etc. May be interesting if I get a chance to catch it.

Hope everybody has a great day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 09:44 AM   #3  

Oh, btw Leenie, how did the haircut go?
are you beautiful again!
Old 07-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Wow, Leenie.....new job offer sounds good. Maybe you want to write a list of the pros and cons for each job and look at it for a week or so.....Can you work something out with your mother who babysits? Can she come to your house 2 days a week instead of you driving?

We didn't have much rain at all....(or I slept through it).....nothing was wet this morning?

I woke up around 1AM and had to watch TV for an hour....(I do not like Nancy Grace from CNN Headline...she repeats herself constantly and says such inaine comments..."how do you feel Beth, hearing that your daughter may have been r**ed and m***dered?" Geeze! what does she think the poor woman would say?)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 10:30 AM   #5  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Can I just say that God works Wonders My gram is completly turning the corner and going home hopefully tommorrow!
I've never prayed so hard in my life.
oh and I'm 3 more pounds down which makes my Aug 7th goal of ONEDERLAND
and I just went into our office b-day party (Carbfest) and came out with a coffee thats it No sin passed these lips!
Leenie gosh thats a tough decision do the pros and cons list b/c you have to be happy where you are long term.
Cathy let us know how the show is what plans they covered etc. . .
Marble I can't stand her or that chick from Fox news bleh bleh Let me ask you cold insensitive Questions so you can imagine the horror that your daughter may have faced.
bbiab I'm going to change my sig!
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 12:33 PM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Go Kierie!!!!

( i love it when my clairvoyant predicitions come true) and prayers do get answered! You will get there sooner than you think! and it is cool enough for a walk this evening??? hmmmm?
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 02:25 PM   #7  

woooohoooooo Kierie on ONEderland!!!

Old 07-28-2005, 05:44 PM   #8  

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Kierie............congrats! You must feel great

Hi everyone else!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM   #9  

Hi everyone....the sun is finally shining now....we woke up today to pouring rain.

Haven't been feeling too great lately....after talking with my counselor....have decided to get out more with people....when I start feeling down....I have a tendency to stay home....not see people....but I know that isn't good for me.....I am feeling better today.

Had a busy day today....out for coffee with friends...then went to Costco & yo WalMart....so trying to make room in the fridge for the fruit I bought....then to clean up the kitchen.

Kierie....glad that your gram is doing better.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 06:26 PM   #10  

Wow congratulations Kierie! I can't wait to hit onederland, it will be wonderful. My ankle is feeling a bit better, the swelling has gone down a bit, but it is still swollen. I can walk better today as well, but it still hurts. I'm so glad tomorrow is Friday, I'm tired of working, and I need to go garage saling so I can find a dresser, I have lived without a dresser for 8 months, and it is killing me!

Good night ladies!
chixyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 07:46 PM   #11  
CIN

Hi Gals,
Today was great......I FINALLY went swimming......well actually I just floated around and tried staying out of the way of my 4 grandchildren.who hollered "Look at me" Watch me".....................a trillion times over! Abby even floated with a full cast on her arm with plastic covering it.It made me nervous BUT she did not get it wet!

I did get wet and enjoyed it but cannot really say it was relaxing with the 4 kids and a hyper dog my friend has........but I loved seeing the kids have fun! My daughter slathered them all with sunscreen then forgot herself and is burnt to a crisp! Poor thing! Bet she will not forget herself next time.

I think I just missed swimming with them and playing with them like I usually do.....but hopefully soon it will be safe for me to do that!

I am attending a 4 hr training tomorrow at work.It will be good to see co-workers that I have missed! Aug 8th is closer all the time!

Leens ................Good Luck deciding on the job.it is hard,isnt it?

Well off for MORE TV!

Later taters
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 PM   #12  

Today got off to a slow start: my Bigboy (cat) once again decided I would probably want to play at 2:45. After that I didn't really sleep properly, read the paper at about 6, and then went back to sleep - sort of. (This lifestyle will have to stop once I get back to work on a more regular basis, but for now I do enjoy no set schedule.) The whole afternoon was wasted shopping for cat paraphernalia. I haven't been able to find a cat hammock anywhere, and keep forgetting to get a scratching post. I also want to find them a cat condo/tree, but they all look so ugly.

Hmmm. I'm sounding a little materialistic there... Just buy, buy, buy. But I always loved to spoil my poor pathetic husband, and now I'm directing all that energy at the cats. I have a feeling spoiling my kitties will pay off a lot more in the long run.

The last issue of Oprah had an article on Borderline Personality Disorder. I hope I'm just indulging in that fun game of coming down with every disease in the news, but it fit in a little too well with some of my more erratic, inexplicable behaviour over the years. The bad part is there's no magic pill to cure it, so I might as well stick with general depression for now. Ha-ha. Seriously though, does anyone know anything about BPD?

April, glad to hear the sun has FINALLY come out!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote