Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-08-2005, 09:54 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default TGIFriday Chat 4/8

Good Morning Everyone..

Hopefully I got my days right today. Don't ask me why I thought Yesterday was Wednesday.. I said this weel was bad... SO far this morning is going good although I didn't want to exercise this morning.. but I kept telling myself You can do it, stop being lazy through the whole 75 miute workout..

Have today off so going to go spend it with the kids. We are going to go the circus tonight.. I've been picking on my son whose 6. We are always next door at the neighbors or out with them and they have a 6 year old daughter who I am always refering to as his girlfriend.. But they behave so good together.. I don't mind having her around all the time.. unlike his best friend

Welll......have to go get the kids from the ex.. who I am ready to push off a cliff this week. ugg MEN!!!

Hope Everyone has a Wonderful and Sunny Friday

/hugs
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:04 AM   #2  

Off to bed

Back later

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 10:38 AM   #3  
CIN

Morning Gals
I am sitting here in my nightgown eating a half of a bagel ever so slowly!

I started cleaning out my WW brief case on wheels in the spare bedroom....then starting cleaning under the sink in the kitchen ...and re-arranged a bit in the Dining room..so NOW I have several unfinished projects started and decided to take a "half a bagel"break! I tend to do things that way lately Oh well................it doesnt even matter.does it?

I have a 3 hour staff training today.Most hate it.I love it because I get to see co-workers about 3 times a year.I am like the social "butterfly" at staff meetings......I have never disliked it..maybe I am not NORMAL !
Hey.they pay us.feed us & train us......what is wrong with that? We are expecting around 100 staffers today from all over.Pretty neat!

Some friends are treating us to Middle Eastern dinner Sat evening..perfect timing too.right after my monthy required weigh in

Later taters
Have a great week-end!

PS Liz.Enjoy that cleaning gal! Spring is in the air.It will lift your spirits I bet!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 11:25 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang

just a quick fly by this morning. busy at work and leaving at noon to drive to the dragcar races that my boss is treating us to. Am mostly looking forward to the big fireworks show at 8:30 tonight. I was planning on enjoying a 2 hour ride there and back with just dh, but our oldest son and a friend are riding with us it will be fun - just a little different then originally planned - oh well "flexible" is my middle name

hope everyone has a GREAT DAY!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Hello chica-las......I went back to exercising this AM, I had been "boycotting"/sabatoging myself for the last 20 days......(boy I can be stubborn)....I felt much better, even dealing with severe annoyance work-stress.......grrrrrrrr....rude medical students will grow up to be rude doctors. I'd like to slap them sometimes.....

the weather is greatly improving, my animals are in full-shedding mode......I'm going to get a pedicure this weekend to show off my toes in my new open-toed shoes! I am going to do big shopping this weekend for the necessary items and maybe a little bit for me.....(but I'm waiting on losing a few more lbs. first)..... I know I'm losing now, I can feel it and I ran into someone yesterday who hadn't seen me in 2 months and she commented too....(I love to hear those magic words....did you lose weight?) then I know I'm not imagining it!

BBL, enjoy!

BTW, TDKAthy, Good for you on seeing a job counselor!!!! I have a feeling that once you are back in the workplace, you will feel better just occupying yourself with learning a new job and meeting people.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:31 PM   #6  

Bah. Didn't get up to work out again today. Didn't work out last night either. there is always next week. I think if I can just get up a few days in a row I'll be able to keep going.

Made spicy chinese eggplant with some notStarch I found recommended here last night. I would use that stuff even if i weren't doing low carb. It's very much superior to cornstarch! I even recommended it to my dad who is a gourmet level chef.

Otherwise it's rainy in SF, but I love gloomy days so I find it comforting. I'm in an ok mood, didn't weigh this morning as I'm going to wait a few days. getting better about that.

Now I just need to get up earlier to workout!
fatbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:34 PM   #7  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Cathy and Marbleflys, a special thank you for the support about seeing a job counselor. It went o.k and I got some good ideas and support, but the counselor was trying to steer me into a more high-level = high stress job than I want. I have an education and some professional experience from before my kids, but I really want a part-time, not so stressful job for the next couple of years at least. I almost had a panic attack when she was talking to me. so much stress. But a part-time job working in a nice office would be perfect---but I am not sure I even have the skills for that Very stressful---but I KNOW it will be so good for me to get into a job and be with people more and learn new stuff. Thanks so much for the support and encouragement. I just can't let my fear stop me from going out and finding something. I hope everyone has a blessed day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 03:53 PM   #8  

oh--tdkathy, kathy, KATHY!!!!! Try using this spin on it...........you get to get dressed up every day, put on your make-up, fix your hair, a nice outfit to be stylin' (unless you get a job milking cows or cleaning a barn, then I suggest you wear crummy clothes..... ).....you might have some fancy new office equipment, a coffee bar....(we actually have cappuchino in my office) and people will BE FRIENDLY AND HELP YOU LEARN THE ROPES........you might meet a new best friend, you might meet someone who has it rougher than you, you might meet women& men who have common interests, YOU MIGHT HAVE FUN too. You'll be up and moving, earning some $$$ and you won't have time to have a panic attack, you'll be too engrossed and interested.

relax! and remember this famous saying....."God helps those who help themselves". I don't think this applies to taking candy however.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Old 04-08-2005, 05:13 PM   #9  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Marbleflys,

Thank you so much!! I don't think I see all the positives about finding work---I just get scared. But your viewpoint helped me so much. Of course I can do it! And it will be great! Thanks so much, hon.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 05:19 PM   #10  

When you run around at work, it is like being PAID TO EXERCISE.....(the glass is 1/2 full). I predict (didja know I'm a direct descendant of those old hungarian gypsies?) you will land a job within a month, and get so interested you'll be wondering just WHAT were you worried about.........then one day you will jump on the scale and because you've been too busy to eat, you'll wonder how you lost the weight????

Believe me, I've been so fearful of the smallest things, then forced myself to do it and feel unbeleivably happy I did (and secretly smug...like when I can manuever through the airport by myself)

The power of positive thinking
Old 04-08-2005, 05:30 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone…

Marble – gotta love those stubborn moments! I was like that for a few months… I’m trying to stay away from that situation again heh. Glad that you are getting back on program

Fatbat – Hey that eggplant dish sounds yummy! The only thing I can do with eggplant is make parmesan out of it hehehe.

Tdkathy – I know how you feel! I hadn’t had a job in hmmm….3 years because I went back to school after I got laid off from my previous job. Then I decided I needed some extra money to help with paying for books and stuff and so when I went out for my job interviews, I was nervous as HECK! I have to agree with marble tho, it’s like exercising and getting paid for it LOL. I work in a school so I’m on my feet all the time and constantly walking around. Good Luck!

I got my water in yesterday and I got some exercise in. I think I’m gonna break into virgin fat territory FINALLY!!! I am gonna break 350lbs YAYAYAYAYA!

Gonna go get some exercise in hehehe and then clean some house. Maybe even go out and do some yard work. For sure my roses need some attention.

Take care everyone…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:07 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi everyone, I'll read up tomorrow..... MISS YOU !!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote