Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-21-2005, 07:04 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Friiday Chat ~ January 21

Good Morning Ladies...

I think I need some this morning. I've been up since 4:30. I think my bodies alarm clock is off by an hour. Although I got my full workout in this morning which lasts an hour.. I also restarted my diet this morning and I weighed in.. (JOY) and almost fell of the scale. I was like it is going to say 155lbs I know it.. BUT when I got on it.. it said 147lbs so I think I broke my scale.

I am still trying to get out of the weird mood I am in and set myself a few goals..
1. Stop Stressing so much (things will work out.. it just takes time)
2. Stop eating so much.. (I have been emotional eating the last week and need to stop it. I have printed out some messages for myself and have taped the up around the house. S. thinks I am insane, but if that is what it takes for right now, that is what I will do.
3. Exercise daily.. (I've made and exercise list for everyday of the week and I am going to try and hit it perfectly)
4. Get on this website and post more then once a day. ~ I love the support and the people and I love to chat and have been missing it.

Ok now that I am running late I have to go to work and deal with the heat for calling off yesterday with the dumbest reason.

Have a Wonderful day and start warm.. I hate the snow and it's OMG cold outside. BRRRR

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #2  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Finally a post from me. I'm taking a few minutes while the girls are getting ready for school to catch up on things.

I think the scale might actually be nice to me this week. It looks like I might for really actually be down to 200 or a little below. WOO HOO! I'm so excited! I have Cindy to thank for that. I pumped up my eating a bit and relaxed a little on the exercise and it's helping. CIN-Thank you so much for your advice.

My husband has been home all week to work on hom projects. We have just the hallway ceiling to paint upstairs. And then (ominious music in the background)...the family room nightmare starts. We have to sand the sheetrock mud down, prime, and paint around our new fireplace and paint the rest of the room. Busy weekend for me...

OKay...the kids are needing their mommy-person. Time to help them get ready for school. I'll catch up with you all later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 11:40 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

just a quick "HELLO"

busy at work this morning.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 12:10 PM   #4  

Good morning all....just a quick post.....just got up.....it's still really icy here. I lost 1.8 lbs this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have to go sit at my light box now.....will try to come back later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:00 PM   #5  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

Stephanie, Chris, & April-Congrats on your weight loss!

Nothing much going on here. I've been in a funk for the last week or more-trying to snap out of it . Still worrying about my foot. I'm walking, but it's been bothering me, so I don't really know what's going on. I'm seeing the doctor early next week, so please keep me in prayer.

Cathy: Friday = BUSY . Thank God for the weekend

Lanee: Haven't seen you lately-please check in and let us know how you're doing

April, Chris, Lynnie, Leenie, Liz, and everyone who lives up north: STAY WARM! Maine is a beautiful state, and I enjoyed living there, but I don't miss the winters!

Hope everyone's having a great day

Last edited by Stepping Out; 01-21-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 02:20 PM   #6  
I CAN DO THIS

Congratz Chris and April on your loss

Just checking in. Just got home from work and the roads are ok but we are now in a severe weather alert for Northern Indiana.. Such fun.

Well have to run and get some lunch and do some cleaning
/hugs
Stephanie
Old 01-21-2005, 02:48 PM   #7  

Hi again

I just finished sitting at my light box....must have sat there for 2 hours....had breakfast & coffee.....DH is out walking the dog....it is very slippery here.....the roads are like a sheet of glass....DH said....when he took the dog out for a walk yesterday.....they only went down the road.....2 houses....because of the ice on the road.

The school buses haven't been running for 3 days....it's too dangerous....on the radio....they said....the elementary school kids should stay home.....most of the highways are closed....our province is sort of blocked in....you can't get anywhere.
We did get out on Wednesday....to pick up my Synthroid....& to get groceries.

I have had some days where I have been feeling down this week....don't know if this is the problem.... last week....my SAM-e was delivered by the mail lady....it was -35C that day.....it sat in a green box outside for about 2 to 4 hours.....I think that can affect a drug.

Have been doing good with eating....trying new recipes.....All Recipes....the site....has a feature where you can change the number of servings....so for some recipes....have been changing the servings to 1.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 07:06 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Stephanie – congrats either way! There are times where I think my scale isn’t working either. I tend to weigh myself in the mornings just before jumping in the shower don’t want anything to add any extra weight so I’m in my birthday suit as well *cheesy grin*

Chris – congrats on your weight loss as well I’m still waiting to get off the roller coaster hehehe…

April – congrats to you too on your weight loss!

Joanne – you are in my prayers… let us know what the doc says! *warm hugz*

HEY! Everyone’s loosing weight around here! I better get on the ball before I feel left out! *GREAT BIG HUGZ* to everyone who has worked hard on their goals!

Today was an interesting day. It was minimum day at work, and I come in at 11:30 (the day ends at 12:55). So my boss just tossed me in wherever students needed me (or instructors needed me). However, I got a chance to talk with one of the ladies at work who had bariatric surgery. I’ve thought about it for the longest time… scared like **** about it… but I’ve thought about it. I really really really want to avoid doing anything that requires taking medication or any type or surgical procedure. However, I know that if I can’t loose the weight myself, I have got to do something. I’m much to heavy for this and it’s so unhealthy. I know that if I stick to it, I can do it… especially since this whole counting calories thing seems to be working for me. I’m just concerned that I can’t maintain it. UGH! I really commend this lady at work… she’s looking great everyday I see her… If I had half the courage she appears to have, I would have done the surgery a long time ago… unfortunately I have this great big yellow line that runs down my back… and if you listen closely, I sometimes go *BWAK BWAK* but only if my feathers get ruffled!

I really hope that I’ll be able to learn from this whole calorie counting tid bit, ad eventually be able to maintain my eating without having to count calories.

Ahh..one day… til then I’ll keep counting!

Okie… Take care everyone!
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 08:00 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hello Ladies.
Today I was supposed to go see the gyno but I canceled my appointment.I have to reschedule it.I did a good deed today.On our way home from dh's doctor appointment a newspaper box was lying in the middle of the road.Dh and i looked over to the side and a car was in someones yard.So we turned around and went to see if the person/persons was ok in the car.Well the guy had hit a patch of ice and slid off the road with his 2 children in the backseat of the car.He was shocked when dh and I got there.Dh took his cell phone because the guy said it had happened about 5 mins before we got there.Well anyway Dh called the cops.Thank God they were all just fine.God was definately with them because they weren't even 5 inches from hittting a tree.The guys car went about 100 yards which makes me believe he was going to fast.I helped him with his kids while we waited for the copsa to get there.Dh said it looks as though the car slid off road knocked over several bushes, hit to big rocks, went up on 2 wheels and just sailed through till it stopped. The guy just got swore in as a american citizen this morning.
They were very lucky as far as their lives but not their vehicle.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 09:57 PM   #10  
I CAN DO THIS

I am at the point where I hate winter. So far including myself 4 people I know have had accidents because of the snow and ice. It is surpose to be extremely bad here and I am surpose to work tomorrow. I see myself calling in again. I did it Thursday night. I still don't have a car and S. is trying to get it running and over here so I have a way to and from work tomorrow. I am not sure I am ready to drive especially in weather like we have been having.. Plus we are under a severe weather alert. So it should be interesting. I already said I am going to call work at 8am to see how things are and I am going to call my next door neighbor and see what he says. He works for the town and down the plowing. I already feel nervous and tense and don't want to think about driving.... At the bottom of the warning it had said "Any travel is strongly deiscouraged Later tonight and Saturday. Driving and Walking conditions will become hazardous... So making money is not worth it.

Lynn ~ It was so nice of you to have stopped to help them. You and your husband are very nice and wonderful to have done that. Alot of people would have kept going.

Sue ~ My brother is trying to loose a little weight to have that surgery done. He weights about 380 lbs or more. I forget now. His best friend had the surgery and was just under 300 lbs when he had it done. He's about 200 lbs now and he looks good and is doing good. I have been thinking of it myself but for my thighs, but and calves. My stomach and abs I have no problem loosing and toning. I am personally giving myself 1 year. I am trying to loose the weight one last time and then..if I can't do it, I may go in and have something done. You just need to remember one thing. YOU CAN DO IT. You can loose the weight and just takes a little time and you have a great support group here.

Joanne ~ I hope your foot feels better.

Well I have to finish cleaning this mess up.. do 10 minutes on the Strider and then get to bed.

Have a wonderful and safe, but warm night ladies

/hugs
Stephanie
Old 01-22-2005, 02:12 AM   #11  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile Weekend Chat January 22-23rd

Hey Ladies,
Just a short Hello. I haven't checked in lately. Things sort of nuts at home. With my dd and all..Teenagers can drive you crazy!!
Well, I guess it is Saturday morning now. 1:05am, over here.. I got off work at 11pm. tonight.
I have had this nasty cold lately that I am trying to shake.. I had pink eye last week too. Just wonderful!! Not really!! At least that is better..
Well I am pooped out. I will try to check in tomorrow sometime..
Oh, we had our Water Softener fixed today.. What a blessing!!! Truly!!
You don't know what you miss until it is gone..
Well, have a blessed day everyone.. Hugs to all, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:37 PM   #12  
lanee

S/C/G: 225/215/140

Height: 5'2 1/2

Smile Weekend Chat, January 22-23rd.

Hey Ladies,
I posted last night. I tried to start a new threat. But I guess I didn't do it right. Oh well. Maybe next time I will get it right.
I hope you all have a great weekend! I work today and tomorrow. But that is good. I am off Monday. I am trying to shake this cough and cold I have. I think I almost got it beat. The cough was something else though..
What have ya'll been up too? Hope everyone is doing fine. No colds.
We got our Water Softener fixed yesterday. Thank goodness!! I was tired of that nasty water.
Well ya'll take care. Have a great day!! Hugs, Lanee...
Laneebm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 12:41 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey lanee and the gang!

some have been having trouble posting so maybe your thread got lost? hard to say around here? but I did start a weekend thread and it seems like it might stay.

hope you feel better!
hugs
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote