3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Depression and Weight Issues (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues-76/)
-   -   tUeSdAy ChAt, JaN 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/depression-weight-issues/51687-tuesday-chat-jan-11-a.html)

cathyxxx 01-11-2005 09:31 AM

tUeSdAy ChAt, JaN 11

Good Morning Gang :wave:

:coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

cathyxxx 01-11-2005 09:39 AM

hey there!

how is everybody today?

I had a crazy busy day yesterday. Had to take off of work early and go with my mom to her doctor's appt. We had her changed from synthroid to armour thyroid several months ago and went back to do blood work and check her Free T3 and Free T4 levels and see how she is doing. I cannot tell ya'll how much better she is - her eyes and face are less puffy, she has more energy, her mood and personality is better, her blood pressure was low (which is a first) and she had only gained 2 lbs since before Thanksgiving. With all the christmas candy she ate she should have gained 5 or 10 lbs, so I think if it were not for the holidays she actually would have lost some weight. Anyway, she is SO MUCH BETTER, much more herself, more like she wasy 15 years ago and it is a TRUE BLESSING to see her doing so well.

soooooo I didn't get to exercise yesterday, which really had be draggin. I cannot tell ya'll how different I feel on the days when I do not get to exercise.

This morning I set my alarm for 5:00 and drug my tired behind out of bed and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2 lb weights and then 50 situps, and now I am ready to face the day. :cb:

Jan Miles = 14

oh yea - I'm thrilled to see so many posting on the food log. It's nice to have buddies!

I'm gonna go check the posts from yesterday and see what I missed and then get some of this paperwork done.

I hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Leenie 01-11-2005 10:22 AM

Good Morning :D

Finally I can sneak in here :s:

Cathy good to know Mom is getting better, and bravo to you for getting your walking in so early. I'll be doing mine around 11:30 am. Its my lunch hour and the only time I really have. I tried to get up earlier but I just can't seem to do it. Maybe once I start losing weight and feeling better I might.

Well its tuesday :) We are expecting snow and rain this afternoon into tomorrow but thursday is going to be 60 degrees...go figure. When I got married in 1990, January, on our wedding day it was 60 degrees and beautiful. Funny how this year we are seeing alot of that again :D now people believe me LOL!!

Well back to work for me :faint:

Hope y'all are feeling groovy.

cathyxxx 01-11-2005 10:28 AM

hey leenie! :wave:

when is your anniversary? is it today? how many years? it is warm here too - gonna be in the 70's again. some unusual weather for january huh.

hey - that's great that you are walking during lunch leenie! no reason to change that and make yourself get up even earlier if you are able to do it during lunch. I like walking during lunch too bec it kind of breaks up the day - breaks up my sitting at my desk, but for some reason I've just had lots of errands to run during lunch instead.

do you get an hour for lunch? are you walking around the parking lot of your company? walking by yourself or with a walking buddy?

hugs,
cathy

liz321 01-11-2005 10:49 AM

Hey everybody!

I just worked a 12 hour night........going to bed.......had a great op day yesterday....I just about laughed my head off at work when someone said.......you are looking really great today......what is different about you, did you do something different with your hair, or did you lose weight?????? I was telling my dd13, the last time I started losing weight people kept asking me about my hair.....lol......it was so funny my first offical day back op someone said that to me.....and trust me, nothing looked good yesterday....after I get up today it is swimming lessons and rythmic gym for the girls!

Eliz

cathyxxx 01-11-2005 10:58 AM

hey liz :wave:

I think that is so cool that someone said something to you on your first official day back OP. I bet you did look better - just knowing that you were back OP. I know it perks me up when I feel good about what I am doing and I'm sure you were feeling good about it too.

get ya some rest girlie!

hugs,
cathy

chrily 01-11-2005 12:20 PM

HEy!

Liz-You look great! Did you do something with your hair? :D It so great when people notice. I feel so much better when I get a compliment like that. Which doesn't happen very often here...but feels good anyhow.

Okay...I did 25 min. of pilates this morning, and some toning exercises on my arms. I've only eaten 2 pts. so far, but CIN, I'm trying. I'll get some more pts. in with lunch. I'm drinking water like a fish today too.

What's on everyone's 'to do list' today? I have to get this house cleaned up some. I did my DD#2's bedroom already. I know I should make her do it but I just get sick of looking at it after awhile. Once again, the laundry monster has reared its ugly head and now I'm stuck doing it.

Here's to a good day for all of us! I'll get personal later when I have more time. I have to get ready to pick up Kayla from her kindergarten class.

~chris

april99 01-11-2005 02:08 PM

Good morning....dropping in to say hi....my left ear is really bothering me today.....a feeling of fullness or like being plugged....has been going on for over 3 months....feel tired today....a virus that keeps coming back....might go back to bed for a half an hour....then get up....have a dr.'s appointment at 1:10 p.m....re Celebrex....have been on it since last Feb.....for osteo arthritis in my hips.

See you later.

April

CIN 01-11-2005 02:16 PM

Howdeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Hi Gals
Greetings from dark and cloudy fairly warm Kentucky!

I have finished my morning meeting ( 62 Happy Campers today :D ) Came home for lunch after letting my receptionist unload and vent on me about how she dislikes her job :lol: ...not really funny but somedays it seems everyone likes to "unload" to me! I feel so special :dizzy: ! I figure God gave us 2 ears and one mouth for a reason! ;) So I listened!

I ate a nice lunch at home (Core)and am heading to my out of town meeting at 4.need to gas up the car so I best be going! Just wanted to touch bases and say hello......and to encourage everyone to have an OP (on program) day despite the circumstances! ;)

Chrily.....eat all those points if you want to lose better!

BBL

Cin~ "the listener" :)

smurf7 01-11-2005 04:09 PM

Exercise

Well - I didn't do much exercise today beyond rushing to catch the train, but hey - I'll get going eventually!
Bought a pilates DVD a while back but have one small problem: quite a lot of the exercises require one to lean on a wall or slide down it - I don't have any clear wall space where I can see the TV - LOL!

lynnie24 01-11-2005 05:15 PM

Hello ladies

This morning we went to a wellness meeting for my BIL.They were very satisfied with his progress.He got his own room and is totally estatic about it.So we are going to take his DVD player and movies and a couple of other things up for him.He is such a flirt.I mean all the nurses and staff are like hi Scott.Swishing there hair around and stuff. :lol:
Then we went ot Walmart so I could exchange one of Christmas gifts.I got The Butterfly Effect!!! I also picked up some hair dye because I am treating myself to a new color because I have lost 6 lbs so far.Boy does this stuff stink.*coughs* After I pay some bills; I want to see if I have the money to get my hair cut again.But I want to lose another 4 lbs before doing that.

*hugs*
lynnie

liz321 01-11-2005 05:53 PM

Hi

I'm up, I'm up.........lol........hard to eat on these days........all is well except work is calling me non stop. So far I have managed not to give in......I am taking some time off......k gotta run....lots to do!

Eliz

chrily 01-11-2005 06:10 PM

April-Does taking Celebrex make you nervous? I'm taking Bextra but I'm not to worried about it. I always have trouble with my ear plugging up and feeling full. I have a eustachian tube that is always swollen due to my allergies. My gosh...I sound like nothing on me works anymore.

Lynnie-So the BIL is a flirt with the nurses... ;) Gonna have to watch him... :lol: Have you seen the Butterfly Effect? That is a cool movie. SO what color did you do your hair? I'm scared to dye mine. My sister keeps having bad reactions to hair dye so I don't want to push my luck and be like her. I'd love a new hair style but I haven't gotten brave enough for that either.

Cindy-Have a great day! I'm racking up some more points. I still have 13 to go. I snuck in a BOCA burger snack. This is a true test of logics. Eat more to lose weight. It just doesn't seem right on the obvious level but then when you think about it...IT makes perfect sense.

Smurf-I did the pilates tape today... and boy let me tell you...I can feel it!
I kind of like it. I had a little more muscle strength than I thought.

Liz-Slow down girl!!! Tell work to bug off for a bit. My dh gets so mad too when he has a day off and they call him every time he turns around to ask about something totally stupid, etc.

Back to my "reality". I need to figure something out for dinner. My worst meal of the day. Just no cooking imagination I guess.

~chris

lynnie24 01-11-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrily

Lynnie-So the BIL is a flirt with the nurses... ;) Gonna have to watch him... :lol: Have you seen the Butterfly Effect? That is a cool movie. SO what color did you do your hair? I'm scared to dye mine. My sister keeps having bad reactions to hair dye so I don't want to push my luck and be like her. I'd love a new hair style but I haven't gotten brave enough for that either.

~chris

Oh yes I have seen the movie.I love Psychological type movies. My hair is like a strawberry blonde now. I will have to take a pic and post it. :^:

*hugs*
lynnie

Ashlie 01-11-2005 07:46 PM

Hello :)

Just dropping in to say Hi. I have alot of cleaning to do before I go to bed. Both of my kids went to bed early tonight. I guess it was a rough day while i was at work. Today was decent, although it was drama central around here... I wish people would just stop spreading rumors/stories and so on. I kept myself out of the gloomy mood and Did alot of walking at work today. I think I walked 5 miles before I left the store. Finally got my house clean all except my room which I am working on now. I have to play catch up in reading the site.. just been busy the last few days. Hopefully tomorrow when I get out of work I can try.

/hugs
Stephanie