Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-13-2004, 07:33 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - Nov 13 and 14

Good Morning,

I have no plans for today YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Woke up to snow this morning on the ground, not much but a light dusting, just enuf to remind me we're in for a long winter

Other than the house cleaning, I think the only thing I'm going to do is run to the grocery store and pick up some stuff to make chicken stew. I have to figure a way to make a hearty ckn stew, loaded w/veggies and low in calorie so off surfing I go.

Tippy, are you taking pictures of your remodeling along the way ? I did that with my home from the time we bought it, to the time we demolished it in its entirety to a few years ago. Amazing what one man can do (meaning DH).

April where did you go last night and did you get a good choice?

Check back later !!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good morning gang!

snow huh? I can just barely imagine that. It's about 50 here this morning and duck season opened so my guys headed out to their duck blind at 4 am this morning.

just grabbing my 2nd cup of coffee and checking email before I get started.

I have got to clean this house today! *sigh* I need a maid! any volunteers?

Hope everybody has a great day.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 11:59 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Cathy, its hunting season here too, I know a few guys who are going next week.

I'm cleaning too, if you find a maid send HIM up here
Old 11-13-2004, 12:59 PM   #4  
Walking by faith

Wink Hi Ladies!

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. We're going through some MAJOR changes. My son is home! He was arraigned(sp?) Tuesday and received probation and a fine. The problems are that he had a speeding fine which he never paid plus another misdemeanor in another county, so legally he's not out of the woods yet .

I finallly broke down (almost literally) and made an appointment w/my doctor for Monday to discuss going on anti-depressants. I've been fighting this for a long time. I'm already on so many meds! But I know that I need something to help me through this rough time. (Besides all of you ). I have been going to Overeaters Anonymous online meetings, and I've finally gotten a sponsor-a lovely Christian woman. So, I'm working the program . It's not easy, but I'm worth it !

Leenie: Careful driving on those slippery roads!

Cathy: A MAID? If you find one, send HIM my way!

Love to y'all, and have a great weekend!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 04:37 PM   #5  

Life is good!

Going out with one of my good friends tonight!

Workshop for my course done....and I passed!

Homebound.....sorry to hear about your difficulties....congrats on finding support and encouragement

Hi Leens and Cathy........hi everyone

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2004, 05:01 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Joanne, good to see your back. We missed you!! One day at a time lady, one day at a time. Your right, you ARE worth it.

Liz congrats on passing your work shop. Have fun with your friend tonight

We just had a little birthday party for my dog Susie. We've had her for 7 years but she's really like 9 or 10 (we adopted her from abandoned pets) so we had a cake and sang to her. DD loved it lol. Yeah I know, we're sick

My house now looks like I never cleaned it......sigh, back to the drawing board.

Hugs
Old 11-13-2004, 05:32 PM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
Liz for passing! Good for you!Be proud!

Joanne for getting help when you need it! (and getting your son home)

Leens for doing something fun for your dog and little one! :bravo

Cathy for cleaning house!

Hubby & I got somethings done today too.............hired a teenager to help outdoors clean up some stuff since I cannot use the finger for things like that yet. Sorta Fall clean-up time! We picked out a new countertop for the bathroom...I got a new computer chair..what a difference it makes!

I have a chicken pot pie in the oven with salad and mashed potatoes ready to go with it.............staying in the rest of the evening!

Hope you all enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

Joanne - i'm so glad that your son is home! I am also glad that you are taking steps to take care of yourself. hugs & prayers

Liz - congrats on passing! we knew you would! hope you had a good time last night!

Leenie - sounds like fun! I'm sure dd and dog had a blast! hehe

Cin - sounds like you had a busy day! glad you found a teenager to help with the outdoors stuff! is it cold in your parts yet? it's about 50 here but it is cloudy and damp - good weather if you are a duck hunter. hehe

I'm finishing my 2nd cup of coffee and gonna get ready for Sunday School and Church. Our lesson is on temptation this morning, from Luke 4:1-13, where satan tempted Jesus. I have a fishing pole fixed up with some beautiful bait wrapped around a hook, and a tackle box full of stuff that tempts us, for us to talk about. I think one of the main things in those verses is that Jesus used scripture to defeat the devil - He could have done anything - something miraculous even - to defeat satan but He used the same tool available to all of us - He fought off temptation with God's Word! pretty cool huh

ok well I've got to get ready

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 08:21 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Good Morning

Cin, you found a teen that helps w/out door cleaning ?? oh hurry and clone him. I don't know about the rest of the country but here, there isn't a kid that wants to do physical work. It funny b/c when you see them in the grocery stores working they all got a sour look on their faces. My gosh I used to hunt for ways to make money. At the age of 12 I landed my first REAL job. Every saturday I would go to the beauty parlor down the street and clean it. Got 5 bucks !! whoowhooo. 1976 that was alot of money (to me). Hope your finger feels better soon.

Today I'm off to Trader Joes to buy some stuff. I am trying to follow a Mediterranean Diet with oodles of veggies and whole grains so this is something new I am learning, the whole grains especially. LindaT's been helping me so I have a good teacher (I'm such a rotten student lol).

Whats up with everyone this great sunday?

OH !!!! FYI, There is NOW a Mediterranean Diet Forum here at 3FC's... its a baby.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:18 AM   #10  

Hi!

I am new to this group. Heard about it awhile back from one of the Weight Watchers Members in my class and had put it on favorites, just had not joined till a few days ago. I am online alot, usually just playing games, but would love to talk to some of yall if you have yahoo messenger. I was told 10/30/04 at my class that I had lost a total of 103.2 pounds, and what did I do? lol I celebrated all week. Came back next week and I had gained 5 pounds!!!! Talk about depression, but it took me 5 years to lose that 103.2 so I will get the 5 pounds back off and some more. It will happen.
aprildawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2004, 12:41 PM   #11  

HI everyone!

Thanks for all your kind wishes and congratulations.....the first step is always the hardest and I wasn't sure I was cut out for it.....but I am actually enjoying myself!

Welcome cowgirl....where ya from? Congrats for losing over 100 lbs You rock!

Leens the Mediterranean Diet sounds good keep us posted......I am starting strong tomorrow as well........we are going away in Feb....that is my motivator but I have to do it for my health......mostly. So I'll be checking in...where did your ticker go? Thanks for the encouragement about school!

Cathy have fun at sunday school.....I like the project you came up with...I will have to talk to dd about it.....not sure if we have the same gospel as you today. Thanks for always being so supportive and upbeat.

Cin thanks for the encouragement...and congrats on getting things done around the house. That is what we are doing today......feels good!

Hugs homebound, suemarie, april and everyone else.......I'll check in later!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Cowgirl and welcome !! WOWWEEEE over 100 lbs, you do rock !
Glad you can join us in chat, see ya on the dailys.

Liz good luck