Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 10-05-2004, 01:53 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Tuesday Chat, October 5th

Good Morning,

hope everyone has a nice day. Couldn't sleep so here I sit lol.

Hope Cathy is having a good time on her trip.

Whats shaking Girls ?

Its gonna be a looooong day.....
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 07:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I'm fixing to get in the shower and get dressed. Mom should be here by 10 for us to leave. She had a hair appointment first. We are taking 2 days to drive hmmmmm about 13 hours. Mom can't do it all in one day. Besides she stops every hour to grab a diet coke and go to the bathroom. There is no hurrying with her, so I won't worry about hurrying LOL

You gals are all tooooooooooooooo sweet! thanks for all the sweet wishes. We will have a good time and my guys will be fine without me for 8 days...my guys will be fine without me for 8 days...my guys will be fine without me for 8 days.

Awwwwww Leenie - I'm so sorry you couldn't sleep girlie. I couldn't sleep either. I should have got up and met you in the chatroom. I totally understand how it is to wake up and then thinking about everything. I sure hope your new boss is not so "military". Even if he is when he gets there, maybe ya'll can loosen the guy up. Goodness I'd be a little (ok a lot) concerned about that myself. It'll all work out. Maybe he needs some "civis" in his life. (civilians I mean)

Jessica - girl it's great to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you better when I get back in town next week. Just jump right in. These gals are great!

Cin - imagine you have lots of meetings today! sounds like you sure have been busy!

Joanne - maybe when I get back you can let us know how things are going?

Judomom - you too! hope all is well!

SueMarie - you sure are busy with work! hope things calm down.

April - how's your coffee this morning?

Liz - don't work too hard this week. hope your project goes well for the end of the week!

I hope everybody has a great week!

I will miss you guys dearly!

great big hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 10-05-2004 at 07:23 AM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
I sure hope your new boss is not so "military". Even if he is when he gets there, maybe ya'll can loosen the guy up.
Hey Cathy !!

Boy oh boy, I hope I DON'T have to loosen up yet ANOTHER boss. It seems like the past 2 boss's I have had, have been real hardass's, I mean on the verge of quiting, crying, etc. I hate breaking them in. I need a break, I just pray God will let this one be a good one. I'm tired I just want to come to work, do my job and then go home w/out any crap or worries that some one is looking at the clock when I walk in the door (not that I'm late, I'm always early, but they do that and make comments oy). I feel like its gonna be a fight because when he was interviewing he was asking me all sorts of strange questions about this place and when I said to him, I don't know, he said to me, Yes you do, you know everything and you should tell your boss ?????????????????? what the I then told him I was not payed to be an informant...... He made me feel like a criminal, I swear. Not a good thing. Okay enuf. Gotta leave it in Gods hands.

Here's a pretty prayer and thought for the day !! ENJOY

Have you ever noticed how often Jesus shows up when He's least expected----and without making Himself immediately known? It happened that way for those disappointed followers on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24:13-35). Suddenly Jesus was present, just waiting to be recognized.

Sometimes when Jesus shows up, we don't "see" Him, because in reality we're not looking for Him. Maybe Jesus shows up while you're fighting with your husband. Or He makes Himself known just as you're about to embark on an eating binge.

Simon Tugwell writes in PRAYER, "If we want to keep company with God....that means that we hand over to him the right to choose how and when to present himself to our consciousness. We all like keeping God in a cupboard with the best china and the family silver, to look at when we feel inclined. But the living God chooses his own times, and will come when he is not wanted."

If God makes an unexpected appearance today, will He be recognized? Wanted?

Here's a radical idea: Ask Jesus to become suddenly present WHEN YOU NEED HIM MOST, instead of when you want Him. Look for Him all day---in the eyes of friends, in the surprise phone call or visit. Whether He comes with gentle correction or a risky invitation, He always come in love.

Food for Thought:

Watch for God all day.

A Prayer for Power:

Dear God, be suddenly present to me today. Show up in a way that I can recognize You, that I can feel Your intimate presence, Your loving eyes upon me. I need you near. I need You right here. I am looking for You, and in my spirit, I'm filled with excitement and anticipation. I have joy because I know that You really do walk this earth with us even though I can't see You. You still speak to Your people, even if we don't always hear. You still visit us in special, inexplicable ways. You come, Lord, where and when You are wanted and sometimes where and when you are not. I invite You, Jesus, to show up today when I need You most, not when I feel most prepared. I invite You to arrive at any moment, and I pray that when I see You, I will really recognize You. Come, Lord Jesus; I'm waiting. Amen.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:48 AM   #4  
CIN

Default Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Byeeeeee Cathy...I popped in and am late to work had to tell you byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeee

Be safe.I prayed for ya!

Leens.that was awesome.thanks for sharing!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 09:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gals - getting my last fix on this computer before my mom gets here

Leenie - that was so beautiful. thanks for sharing it! I really needed that!

hi and bye cin hugs! thanks for praying - I need it ya know!

hugsssssss
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies! I'll be back later to chitchat!

....wwwWWWWWOOOOOOOSSSSsssshhhh......
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 10:57 AM   #7  
Walking by faith

Wink Good morning ladies

Leenie: That prayer was beautiful! I printed it out. Don't worry about your new boss. I have a problem with "what ifs"-those little scenarios that throws at you when you're down. Don't let the "what ifs" get to you!

Cathy: Safe trip for you and Mom

CIN, Tippy, SueMarie, April, Lynnie, Jessica, and everyone else

HAVE A GREAT DAY!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 11:40 AM   #8  

Morning everyone!

Cathy have a good trip! I will totally miss you around here.......be well and safe and have fun!

Leens if only life were that simple at work.....bottom line life is difficult esp where other people are concerned!

Welcome Jessica!

SueMarie I am gonna try and enjoy school and not be too obsessed with it all.....simply because I want to send my girls some good messages.....I can take the fun out of life a bit and I am trying really hard not to this time. That being said I did have a few tears on Sunday night.....thinking what the heck was I thinking.....I can't do this! I went to church Sunday night and the priest spoke about courage and faith and it really spoke to me.

Cin have fun at work.

April hang in there and keep us posted......fall is a tough time of year for me and I know you have been up an down with the meds etc.....thinking of you!

Homebound how are ya doing today? I know you have had some ups and downs lately and I really admire you for keeping on....it isn't easy is it?

Judo mom I was happy to see you pop in....I know you are busy....I admire your ability to keep up the exercise and your program even in the tough times.

That being said I have got to get this paper done.....the hard part is going to be typing it up in the proper format. I have never done a university research paper before.

Have a good one everyone and so shall I

liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 02:14 PM   #9  

Good morning everyone

Cathy......have a good time on your trip.

Liz........I am trying to hang in there. I don't want to go back on the Celexa......What I have been experiencing is withdrawal symptoms fom going off the Celexa.....but have been going to a naturopath.....taking 2 different natural antidepressants. The naturopath told me one can have withdrawal symptoms for 6 to 18 months.
I was reading something this morning from Health Canada about going off Celexa.....they call it discontinuation symptoms.

The natural antidepressants don't have the side effects that the Celexa has.....but they are still drugs. The naturopath said when I went off the Celexa......I have these withdrawal symptoms.....sadness....headaches & trouble going to sleep.....from the seratonin level in the brain going really low.

I have had 2 good days in a row. DH went fishing yesterday.....he caught 2 rainbow trout....2 lbs. & 3 lbs.....so we will be having trout for dinner.....he will barbecue it.

It is a grey & gloomy day....raining. I sat at the light box for a few hours while having coffee.....reading the paper & having breakfast......when it is so dark in the house.......it is nice to sit at the light box.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:00 PM   #10  

hi how is everyone? Does anyone have ideas on weightloss? Im so glad you are letting me post and get to know everyone. i need to lose 100 pounds please help i feel so depressed about it. I have 2 kids boys 3 and 6. so i want to look good when i go to his school i dont want to be the fat mommie. Take care .
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:06 PM   #11  

Hi again

Jessica.....welcome....the only thing I can say about trying to lose weight.....is to take 1 day at a time.....it is calories in....calories out.....if you eat less calories than your body needs.....you will lose weight.
It doesn't matter what you do to diet.....as long as you eat healthy.....just keep at it.....even if you have a bad day.....get back with it the next day.....don't give up.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004, 05:14 PM   #12  

Thank you I appreciate your advice.
blondiewyandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004, 09:33 AM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hi Jessica,

First, don't panic !! lol

We are in the same boat and from what I've learned my entire life of yoyo dieting is to read, read, read, find a plan that you think you can live with for the rest of your life because dieting isn't done when you lose the weight, its LIFE TIME!!! Weight Watchers is a great place to start. But no matter what you select, bottom line is calories and exercise. The more exercise you do, the more calories you can eat.

You need to experiment. You need to learn YOUR body and what works. Pills, shakes and quick fixes will NEVER work, instead I've found that it makes matters worse. You might lose 20 but you'll wind up gaining 40 (with quick fixes that is).

The slower you lose, the better. Don't expect to lose over night and don't beat yourself up if you mess up a meal or a day. If you do screw up a meal, do better the next meal. Punishing yourself will only make matters worse. Persistance, not perfection.

Your so right on wanting to be healthy for your family, but you should want it for you. Did you ever hear of the old expression, if Mama ain't happy, than nobody is? Its sooo true.

I would suggest going to the Library section here at 3FC's and read up on different things in there, its a great place. I just recently posted a thread on obesity and breast cancer...scary but I think we all need to know.

Visit the different boards regarding diets, see which one you think you can live with. Remember its life time not just for a few months.

Talk to people, don't be shy or embarassed. We all need to learn somewhere and the only way to learn is asking questions. Folks here are wonderful. If you can't get advice from one place, move on and keep asking away (but I really don't see a problem, they are all great boards).

Keep posting here because we love to help. Even if its a quick hello, it doesn't matter. Part of support is getting to know each other and that takes time. Patience is a big part of becoming friends and bonding.

I think your gonna love it here.

Hugs and kisses to you and your family.

Leenie

(remember any questions, just ask)..
Old 10-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Jessica, while reading and learning...DRINK LOTS OF WATER lol