Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-17-2004, 02:10 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday August 17

Hey everyone!

How is everyone.....I suppose I missed a ton of stuff......just got back from a lovely week of holidays in British Columbia......spent most of it in Vancouver. We white water rafted twice, went to outdoor waterslides, went to a huge "Playland" and rode rollercoasters!......we also went shopping on Robson Street, ate out far too much and just spent a ton of family time together with no interuptions of work or play.....just us......24/7!

I missed you all and can't wait to catch up! I can't believe that school starts in two weeks tough time of year for me....I won't let myself get as depressed as I did last year.

How are you all......I know school starts earlier there.......I'll check in later!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:00 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Good Morning!

Good Morning Liz and Gals
Are you all surprised at the time we posted today! Talk about early birds!

I have a headache and wasnt sleeping well so decided to get up!I have the coffee brewing and will be fine.

Liz.so glad you all had a wonderful vacation!

School started here yesterday.the traffic was so different!

I only have one meeting this morning which is rather nice............I get off at 11 and am meeting a friend for lunch.

BBL

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 08:18 AM   #3  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Well lookie here !! THIS IS BEAUTIFUL

Liz, good to see you, we were wondering if you were ever gonna come back from your vacation Glad you had a good time. I'm waiting for DD to be potty trained b/4 I take her anywhere (but day trips). She is dying to go to Disney so I keep telling her, you have to be potty trained or we can't go. They don't like diapers in Disney Hopefully it will motivate her.......AND diapers are expensive to boot.

Cin lucky duck !! off at 11, how cool is that. Enjoy your time w/your friends and hope your headache goes away fast.

Well here it is, another tuesday Nothing much is going on, did good w/being OP yesterday, the temptation hit me so many times but I managed to survive it lol.

Coffee time and I need to get some work done, so I'll check back later.

Hey where is everyone ??

Hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 10:19 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It's another BEAUTIFUL (almost like fall) morning here! I did drag my bones out of the bed this morning at 5:00 and did 2 miles! I feel sooooooooo much better when I get that in. Is it me or is the sky bluer and the air crisper after getting some exercise?

Liz - it's so good to have you back! we missed ya girlie! sounds like ya'll had a blast on vacation. We started school yesterday here. Well youngest son started his Senior Year, and then oldest son will start the fall semester classes at college on Wednesday. Like Cin mentioned, the traffic here is really different (yuck) when school starts. I have to leave my house 15 minutes earlier then I do in the summer.

Cin - you were up early girlie. Hope your headache is better by now. Enjoy your 1 meeting today and then lunch. I can't wait til next week when you can tell us the new stuff about WW. A dear friend of mine that was considering gastric bypass surgery went back to WW last week and has already lost 6 lbs in less than a week. I am so excited for her!

Leenie - so glad you stayed OP yesterday and CONGRATS for not giving into the temptation!

SueMarie - good to see ya yesterday! your garden sounds beautiful!

Zannie - I was reading your signature - do you have a goldfish that is 5 years old? is that what that means? I was just wondering because the few times we tried goldfish in an aquarium for our kids, they sure didn't last long. You must be really good with fish if you have one that is 5 years old. Actually, I'm not good with fish or plants - but I seem to have a knack for people - especially teenagers - so I try not to feel too bad about the plants.

Flower - it is so great to see ya girlie! I have been wondering and wondering how you are doing. How AWESOME is that about your 3 months of staying OP with your food! THAT IS AWESOME! I hope and pray that all goes well with your knee surgery. I will be praying for you.

Judomom - so good to see ya too girlie! so glad to hear that your back is better and that you've been able to get back to the gym and CONGRATS on the looser clothes! I will keep your son and his room and roommate in my prayers. Please keep us posted.

Tippy! where ya hiding girlie?

Hope everybody has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:08 PM   #5  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies!

Zannie – Yeah I love bowling. We bowl league on Monday nights and that usually lasts about 2 – 3 hours depending on how fast everyone is going and how many strikes hehehe. I bowl with my fiancé and his daughter, so it’s a little family thing we do.

Flower – I’ve been bowling since I was 8. It’s a great sport for families to do together and of course you can do with yourself heheheh. It can get a bit pricey after a while tho. I’m not sure how much of an inspiration I am being that I’ve yo-yo’ed and have gone off and on with this diet. I’ve put back on 4lbs in the since I first got sick at the end of June. However, I do know that if I let this beat me down, I won’t get back up. I keep telling myself that if I did it once, I can do it again… so far I’ve been doing well. Just gotta stay positive. Its been hard tho… I must admit. But you know, seeing all you ladies talking about what problems you are having and how you’ve over come most of them, that’s a true inspiration to me as well. Just as you have over come many things, like leaving your family to come out to California to try to better yourself. *great big hugz* Also is you want to talk inspiration, your weight loss for the past few months have been amazing! I’ll be thinking about you and sending you warm vibes to keep you well during your surgery!

Judomom – Glad you are able to get back to the gym. Just be careful, once you’ve hurt yourself, it’s easy to hurt yourself again, even doing the simplest of movements. Havea safe trip for your 3-day conference!

Leenie – Thank you… now just tell my body that? Hehehehe… I haven’t had a chance to do any of the videos, but I did tons of yard work and bowling <G>

Liz – Welcome Home! Heheheh it sounds like you had a huge fun packed vacation! Now, be honest… don’t you need a vacation from your vacation? That’s how I felt after we got back from our vacation in June.

Cathy – Ya know, I will be honest… when Flower mentioned inspiration; the first person I thought of was you. With dealing with low thyroid, and the goal you have set for yourself, not to mention all the exercise and just joyous attitude you have… that makes me just glow when I come here and see your posts. Of course everyone else’s posts and positiveness (is that a word? Hehe) makes this place wonderful.

I hope everyone is having a good day! It’s been a long day so far hehehe. Kid is moping around She managed to get herself grounded… OY How come when you ground them in hopes to teach them right and wrong and responsibility, you feel like you’ve grounded yourself too? Awww man…

I asked James for a pool… an in ground pool because we have one of those 18 foot pools that you get from walmart where it’s like 3 feet deep. It’s good but I would like to get an in ground pool, we have such a HUGE back yard, I dunno what to do with it. I’ve drawn up some landscape ideas, have a few sketches, but I just dunno what I want to do. Course when I asked for an in ground pool, James told me to start digging. Is that a good sign?? It would be good exercise that’s for sure! With the way prices have been going in California, sheesh… So I figured, why not make this house cozy for the next 50 years that we will be here, and then maybe houses will be affordable :-P It’s amazing, we’ve been here at this house since Aug 2001 and the price now,k is more than doubled. All I can say is, thank goodness we got the house when we did, or we’d be stuck!

Okie I’m talking WAY to much hehehe I’ll shush now…

I hope everyone is having a good day… Huggerz to All
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:32 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Awwwwwwww SueMarie....you are just way too sweet! you have me all teary eyed! thanks for the kind words.

About the pool....hmmmmm that doesn't sound like too good of a sign to me! wonder how long it would take to dig something like that

And about the kid, just hang in there SueMarie, when your teaching her right from wrong it will pay off in the long run, and her mood will pass ... eventually teenagers know how to push our buttons - believe me - I know - I have a lot of teenagers that are always pushing mine.

when does public school start in california?

((((((hugs))))))
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:57 PM   #7  

Default Hi everyone!

Well as you can see I went to bed late last night and was up early.....getting resettled .......also cycle coming up so I never sleep well....

Today is a day of laundry, vaccuming bathrooms and an overall freshing up now that we are back home.

DD 12 is going to babysit.....DD 6 is playing with friends........hubby is getting groceries (healthy ones) we are all junk fooded out!

Sue Marie I hear you with the grounding thing.....being a good parent is much more difficult then being a slacker.....I would love to have a pool......you are sooooooooo lucky!

Hi everyone else......hope you are having a great day.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:07 PM   #8  
Sparkly Like A Holiday

Good Morning! er... Crud - it's afternoon already!?

I've had a long rough day today - mostly 'mommy stuff'. School starts back up next week so I went down (kid in tow) to get my books for my classes and there was a long line (and I mean LONG LINE)! I stood there for a few minutes and heard someone farther up complain that they'd been there for 2 hours already. She wasn't even in the store yet!!!

I thought 'Bah, screw this... I can't stand here for hours with a TWO YEAR OLD!!!"

So... we left. Sans books.

The school is 45 minutes away... we drive home and kid sleeps the last 15 minutes of it. I get him in the crib and BOOM! Eyes pop wide open.

We proceed to have multiple temper tantrums - including throwing lunch on the floor and not eating. Later to still not nap. Currently sitting here - unnapped - but good. * WHEW *

Eating was good and I'll be exercising after dinner. I need to walk this tension off before I combust!

SueMarie - very cool about the bowling! I mentioned going to hubby - we'll see what happens.

That's awesome about your house value doubling - we were the same way in our old house. Though we quickly discovered when we were preparing to move that everything else doubled too

Cin - Yes... you read correctly!! I'm not sure how we did it - I've been waiting for the lil sucker to die. OMG I'm so mean. I'd never not take care of him tho... but he's just hanging on. I read somewhere that in their natural habitat, goldfish have a 25 year lifespan usually. I hope not in this case - and hope so in the case of your next fishies. If you lived nearby I'd say "here ya go!!"

Leenie - what's "being OP"? *blush* I'm so clueless.

Liz - *waving* hiya, I'm new
zannie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 06:47 PM   #9  

Hi Zannie welcome! Congrats on the weight loss............looking forward to getting to know you better!

Eliz
Old 08-18-2004, 02:51 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Morning Ladies!

Cathy – Yeah… button pushers… woo hoo, she’s an only child, so I’m really looking forward to teenage hood… NOT! Heheheh She’s on what they call year round school, or also known as track schooling. Basically she is on for 3 months and off for a month. It’s strange, cause the school district I work for is traditional, basically on full time and then you get the summer off. Which is why I’m not working right now. It really makes it hard to plan vacations and stuff. This year they changed her from A track to C track. So that means we won’t be able to go out to Pismo Beach next year during June. The hotel we stay at has great prices for June. We won’t be ableto go until August now. So we may have to figure something else out. Right now she’s off track, and she goes back on the end of the month.. Or the first day of September. I go back to work August 30th. It may sound strange, but I can’t wait to go back to work! Hehehhe

Liz – Yeah… she’s already said, I’m not gonna be like this to my kids! Which is funny, because I’ve said the same thing to my mom, yet here I am implementing the same ideas and rules that my mom has. I had to step back a few times to say “whoa! I’ve turned into mom!” Funny how things work out. I’m still trying to convince James to get a pool… For now the Round walmart pool is okie. It works so that’s a good thing. Hopefully in two years, when I finish my degree and my credentials, I can get a full time teaching job right away. The extra income will definitely go to the pool LOL! Oh and the new truck I want, and the Jacuzzi with gazebo, and the koi pond, and the big screen tv… wow, I haven’t even got the job yet and I’m already spending money!

Zannie – Whew! I know what you mean about long lines. Out here at Cal State, They have people that line up outside the book store on the first day before it opens. Last quarter, I was in line for an hour and forty-five minutes hehehehe EESSH! I can share your pain! Let me know how the bowling thing goes if you were closer I’d say come with us heheheh… Also, I suggest finding out what specials the alley has. Sometiems regular bowling is expensive, especially if you go often enough. We bowl league on Mondays and we practice on Wednesdays and sometimes Sundays… so it adds up. But on those days they have specials like Wednesday is 6 bucks for two hours during their “Rockin Oldies Cosmic” and Sunday they have this thing called “Breakfast and Bowl” where the lanes are like 9 bucks an hour, and if you want… hehehe so see what kind of specials they got… it helps a lot

Well Ladies, so far the day has been good. So speaking of bowling, we are going tonight for that cosmic hehehehe… so that will be my exercise for the day. Among the chores around the house. I will admit tho, I haven’t turned on any of my exercise videos. I really need to start doing that… I can’t believe how lazy I have been this whole summer. I have my desktop up and running, but I really haven’t done much along the lines of transferring over all my files from the old harddrive. That way I can format the old harddrive and give the kid back her own computer. Thank goodness I backed up her system before her harddrive died. Speaking of kid… I caved in some. I let her on the computer LOL We play on a the website together on a game called ToonTown. It’s addicting, I like it  and so does she hehehe… so we’re gonna play some after I’m done here… It’s a 3D world where you run around doing little tasks… if you have kids, you should check it out. It’s very safe, with preset chats set up and if you have a real life friend you give them your code and you can type to them. Other than that you have to use pre set chat comments to talk. Anyways I’ll let you ladies go….

Take care everyone!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote