Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-02-2004, 08:31 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Monday Chat, August 2nd

Good Morning,

Well here we are again

Cin hope your feeling better.

How's everyone today ? Was your weekend good ?

Mine was, we acutally had sun yesterday, even though it was HUMID as heck, we took DD to the Wild Life Center so she could see the animals and indoor (key word indoor) exhibits.

Whats new?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I think I am glad to be at work this morning - my weekend was stressful.

I did get up this morning and do a 30 minute 2 miles WATP w/2lb handweights and then situps and leg lifts. I can feel my stomach muscles getting stronger. I have set a goal of another 40 miles for the month of August. Will see how it goes. I read a really good article about hypothyroidism over the weekend. Had lots of good info about how to take armour thyroid, etc., but when it got to exercise it said that someone with a low thyroid needs to exercise one hour every day. Doesn't have to be one hour all at once, it can be broken up, but still ----- I am not doing that much exercise, and I'm afraid I would have to quit something in my life in order to exercise that much. Oh well, I can only do what I can do.

My youngest son starts band camp today. They go from 8 to 3 every day this week and next week to get ready for school to start. They spend half the day in the band room and half the day outside. The heat index today will be 110 - it is unbareabley HOT AND HUMID here.

I've got lots to do around here, so I better get to it.

I hope everybody has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
Cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 09:35 AM   #3  
CIN

Hi Ladies
Getting ready to go to work..what does that say about how I feel?

It is sooooo awesome not to have a churning upset stomach that I was having daily!

Thought I may have a minor complication but after talking to Dr this morning..he said unless the swelling increases I should be ok and if it increases it is no big deal.they will handle it. ( wont bore you with details)

He also said it takes about one week to get the meds out of the system.
Praise God for the blessing of good health !

BBL
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 12:33 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

hello ladies

My weekend was pretty uneventful.It rained most of it.Dh towed his vehicle to see if he can get it running over the weekend.Thats where he is now.Not really much going on except its so hot outside.I am sweating bullets and the A/C is on.WHEW!!!!
I started reading again.I am reading Flowers in The Attic right now.VC Andrews is a great writer even though her books can be very odd.
I still have no motivation to exercise; I am hoping that will come soon.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:29 PM   #5  

Height: 5 ft 8

Hi ladies, Mind if I join in? I suppose Monday is almost over but I've had an eventful one. Found out my uncle died,he has been ill for some time so no surprise but still very very sad for his family, this is the third death in a few weeks-they say it always comes in threes don't they? Anyway, I'm fairly pragmatic about it, have seen enough of terminal illness to know that dying is much worse for those left behind-I'm sure he's in a better place now and out of pain.
DH had the morning off work so I could take my 7 year old to the dentist while he looked after my youngest and my nephew who is staying with us for a bit. What was supposed to be a 15 minute baby tooth filling turned into a bit of a nightmare after the x-ray showed he had to have several teeth removed-his adult teeth can't push the baby ones out so they are kind of crumbling rather than decaying as they thought. They knocked him out and the whole thing took ages. Pleased he hasn't got tooth decay though-poor boy hardly ever touches sweets & is good with cleaning his teeth so I was surprised when he needed a filling.
Got back home & he seemed OK so DH returned to work, then the poor lad started being sick so I had to call DH back again as I couldn't manage to hold his hand and look after the other two.
He is finally asleep now. Husband took the other two out to a local farm and had a message aabout an hour ago saying they are stuck in a 3 mile tailback.
Normally I would be in the gym now, could really use a decent workout to get rid of the stresses but imagine by the time they get back they will all want a bit of TLC and by the time I finish TLCing them I'll be too weary for the gym. Maybe I'll do some ab exercises-I find them the most challenging although have found some good ways with those big inflatable balls...anything but endless sit ups! I don't have one here, but I can improvise with my sons garden bouncer!
Also have loads of work to get through but my 'boss' has 'forgotten' to pay me, a failrly regular occurance when they have cash flow problems. This time it's because the financial controller has gone on holiday, in the past it's been lost in the post etc.etc. As I technically work for myself it's hard to know what to do. I'll get paid in the end but I could certainly do with the money for summer holiday outings etc..
As for the diet, well I can't remember...cereal for breakfast, a chocolate roll in there somewhere, coleslaw sandwich and light lemon mousse for lunch and I've made a chicken & rice thing for dinner...so I reckon nothing lost, nothing gained though if I made it to the gym I might just creep ahead.
Day as a whole-awful but not depressed at all, so a coping day.
Sorry if this is all boring...hopefully something good will happen tomorrow!
farawayshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 01:43 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Faraway not boring at all.I understand totally about things coming in 3s.It sucks!!But I do hope things get better and I am sorry for your loss.Feel free to always vent; I do lots.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #7  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Farawayshore, welcome !!! we're glad your here. Sorry about your uncle and his family, that is really rough, not to mention your 7 year old having a few teeth pulled YIKES poor baby. Its a good thing you caught it now, who know's what kind of damage it could have created later on. I hope your tomorrow is better as well. Where are you from ?

I'm finally breaking down and seeing a doctor tomorrow. This cold is killing me. I cough every few seconds and its just wearing me out. I can't talk for more than a minute w/out coughing my head off... DARN IT !!!!!!!!!!!!

Where's the rest of the girlies ???

Lynnie sweetie, how's DH feeling w/the job. Is it getting any easier w/time ? I hope your motivation comes back as well. People don't realize how hard it is for people "like me for instance" that are on medication or not, suffering with depression, how hard it is to keep motivation up. One day your riding high, the next you feel shot down. Main thing is to keep trying. Every little bit of success will bring you closer to your goals.

Cathy, hang in there, I think your doing wonderful w/your exercising. You could out exercise me any day of the week !! Just keep doing what your doing, if not for weightloss than for good health in general.

Cin, your not boring us with details, you can tell us anything, you know that. I hope your recovery goes smoothly, and I'm glad to see your egar to go back to work. Life is good isn't it.
Old 08-02-2004, 06:36 PM   #8  

Height: 5 ft 8

Have decided carpe diem...taking kids to theme park tomorrow, first thing before I'm awake enough to think about it. Adrenalin being a good temp cure for depression and I got some vouchers online so not as hideously expensive as it might be.
Sorry about the cold. It's just miserable isn't it? Really uncomfortable but not much sympathy to be had. If you were a man you'd at least have flu by now!
Thanks for the welcome by the way. I'm a tad insecure so it helps! I thought my day had hit it's low point earlier, but no! My Mother called to give me a blow by blow account of her constipation.Yep, you read right. Some days my life is so vile it's funny.
farawayshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 08:09 PM   #9  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hey Ladies…

Welcome Faraway!

Okie, I got some good news and some bad news… Good news is, I don’t have food poisoning. The bad news is, I know this only because the kid is sick now with same symptoms. After I posted the last time about the food poisoning, I developed a red itchy rash later that night. Ugg! I thought it was an allergic reaction to the frabreeze I used but then the kid came down sick and got the same rash. So I took her to the doctors. She has strep throat and scarlet fever… eeesh the doctor said my immune system probably is strong and took care of the strep, but I probably had same thing. I still feel a bit… off… not normal… strange, dunno how to explain it hehehe so I’ve been taking it easy as well… Good thing James is not sick… us girls need some TLC… I’m heading back to bed to lay down, but I just wanted to let everyone know what was up…

Take care….
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 10:14 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/235/TBD

Height: 5'4

Hi Ladies,
This is my first post in this forum with the exception of my bio. I suppose I just tell you how my day went? This morning I could not get up to go to Curves for anything. Not a good way to begin the week, I know, but I will make it tomorrow. And I am very proud of myself because I kept my calories in the 1400 range today! This is good since I have gone over 2000 three times in the last week.

I am a bit nervous because tomorrow I am going to the dermatologist for a skin cancer screen. I know this doesn't sound like much, but a) I have never been before and b) I am very fair and I had a lot of sun burns as a child and they say that is what causes skin cancer. But it will probably be just fine.
ElisabethCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 09:42 AM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey SueMarie, watchadoin? you all can't get sick, ut uh. Poor baby, I'm glad its almost over for you and poor little girl, just give her some TLC.

Elisabeth, WELCOME !!!!!! Good luck at the dermatologist. I am fair just like you and I remember frying myself in my 20's and getting so swolen from the burns. OY!!!! Let us know.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:32 AM   #12  

Hey everybody...welcome to the newbies....I worked monday and then went out in the evening......today I had to get up early as our new bed was delivered and then I work and evening shift.......I will catch up with everyone on the Tuesday thread.........see you over there!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote