Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-28-2004, 08:48 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Wednesday Chat, July 28th

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Sending Prayers For Cin ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Good Morning, boy is it a busy day already. Got on the scale this morning and -0- but what else is new.

How's your day ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 AM   #2  
Divine Gal

hello ladies
My day is goingalittle slow already this morning.I am really tired.We went to see BIL yesterday and took him some more clothes.We took him a piece of apple pie too.He seems so depressed; so me and dh told nurses station to have activities people come and get him out of the bed.So we will see if that happens.Dh said he will go up there and start wheeling around the parking alot to get his behind out of the nursing home.

We have been looking for new vehicles( not so brand new).So we know how much to come up with.Dh is still towing his truck over to a friends shop to see if he can get his truck working.

Sends prayers for CIN

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:39 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I was gonna say the same thing Leenie - everybody please remember Cin in your prayers today while they do surgery!

Leenie - I am so sorry your scale has not changed! I KNOW how discouraging that can be, but you keep doing what ya need to do, and you know that that dang scale will have to give it up.....eventually! hope your busy day slows down some!

Where is the rest of our gang these days? everybody busy?

I DID get up at 5 this morning and did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP w/2 lb weights. (it was about dang time huh), so now my July Miles are at 32.

What's everybody doing today? I need to go up to the hospital during lunch and check on my friend that had the gastric bypass surgery on Monday. She should go home tomorrow if all goes well.

Hope everybody has a blessed day!
(and I hope it is especially BLESSED for our dear Cin!)

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 10:41 AM   #4  

Hey Lynnie! you and I were posting at the same time!
great big hugs girlie!
Old 07-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #5  

Hi everyone!

Just a quick hello...nothing new.......will check in later.

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 02:42 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Lynnie, I'm glad your taking action w/your BIL, you know I used to work for a nursing home, almost 5 years. And I'm not saying this is true for all of them, gosh no, but some places are very lazy, they will let people just sit and rot if you'd let them. Be Loud !! Be Heard !! its your right. If they know you are watching, they will do what they are supposed to. But main thing is, don't be afraid to speak up, your BIL will thank you later. Hugs.

HI LIZ!!!

Cathy, sooooooooooo how have you been doing w/your weigh loss? are the pills helping. Your exercising looks wonderful, keep it up. Give your friend a big hug from me. I hope she is doing better.
Old 07-28-2004, 03:07 PM   #7  

Hey Leenie!

I went to check on my friend during my lunch hour and boy was she having a rough time. She was just a crying. The CO2 from the surgery settled in her shoulder and it is killing her. She doesn't seem to have much pain around her stomach or incisions, but I'm wondering if her shoulder isn't hurting so bad that she is not noticing her stomach. poor thing. I wanted to mention something - I thought she and I were about the same size, but I found out today that she weighs 50 lbs more then me - soooooooo uhmmmm anyway I was wrong about that. The doc told her that she might possibly lose as much as 80 lbs in the next 6 months. That's a lot of weight to lose. I think she will be ok once that gas in her shoulder disappears.

About my weight loss - well I have lost 6 lbs so that is really good for me. I seem to be a little hungrier then I was at first (and I'm also tired where I was pretty perky at first) but isn't that the way it goes with diet pills anyway? I certainly think they speed up my metabolism a little bit so maybe that has helped me lose a few pounds.

How ya doing with it girlie? you back to following atkins? on induction or just sticking to so many carb grams a day? what ya doing?

Hey Liz - good to see ya wiz by!

hugs,
cathy
Old 07-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh your poor friend, well I hope her surgery has no complications...ouch. I give her alot of credit, thats not an easy thing to do.

6lbs !! good for you, thats teriffic WTG! I hear yah on the hungries. I'm doing okay, struggling w/diet. Alot has to do w/stress I think, I dunno. I'm very hungry, all the time so I was talking to LindaT and I think I'm gonna stay w/low carb but eat more veggies, of course I'll have to watch every calorie, thats nothing new. I'm gonna mess around w/it for a few weeks to see if I can sort of do my own thing. I miss veggies and I really wanna fill up more on them than meat. I'm not worried about protein b/c I can always get that in a protein/lowcal / low fat drink. I'm just sleep deprived, stressed and tired alot lately. Gotta get over this hump. And I will because I have so many friends who are willing to help (you know who you are ).

What have you been doing ? diet wise?
Old 07-28-2004, 04:26 PM   #9  

I give you guys credit for all your effort.......I am in a total slump .....have gained all my weight back that I lost years ago.....cause I never got into the habit of exercise....think I gained about (80 lbs) sympathy weight during dd's grade 7 year last year.....I have not weighed myself but I have gone from size 10 to 18 since the winter of 2002.......there I admited it.......now maybe I will get back on track.....today I will start with weighing myself at work......and go from there.

Hang in there everyone......we will do it!

Thinking about cin!

Eliz
Old 07-28-2004, 08:03 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone...

How's everyone? I've been down for the last few days. I think I had food poisoning. I had a chicken salad from "somewhere" and thena chicken burger from "somewhere else" and I dunno... later that night I went down like a bag of bricks. All of a sudden, dizzy, nauseous, and burning up. I got home and had a temp of 101.8 and everyone had to walk me to my bedroom... EEEESH! I dunno, I didn't think food poisoning lasted this long, well... at least the after effects. I had a fever for two days, then Monday I had the chills and tuesday I had a massive migrain... OY! I dunno if it was really foodpoisoning or some bug, but either way it sucked! I lost like 8lbs in 3 days... cause I couldn't hold anything down... blech! Sigh... I'm feeling better, slight headache... but man I'm glad I'm over the hump!

SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 09:21 PM   #11  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Oh Liz, you are so among friends. I do know how you feel, I lost 150 lbs and gained back over 80 of those pounds actually 100 lbs to be exact, but its down to 80 now. OY! Wonder why when life throw's us fast balls, we don't learn to duck????????? in any case, its good to hear you get it off your chest and out in the open. Now a fresh beginning for us. You and I can start a new tomorrow, waddah say?

Oh SueMarie, you poor thing. I'm so glad your okay. Gotta be careful w/food poisoning, you could wind up in the hospital. Glad your better and well losing 8 lbs is something good that came out of something not so good.

I think I have what Grace had............ Hey Lizzy, can adults get foot and mouth from kids. I have a cough sore thoat and it feels like cold sores inside my mouth ick. I'm so tired and have a slight fever. My temp is usually 97.4, this morning it was 99.8. OY.

Chat w/you all tomorrow.

Hope Cin is recovering comfortably.
Old 07-29-2004, 02:13 AM   #12  

Unhappy

I just got home form work........my husband is upstairs watching video footage of my Zach when he was 2 months old......so cute but makes me miss him so much

Leens thanks for the kind words.........yes let's start tomorrow.....foot and mouth is a virus and so I would think contagious....though I have never heard of an adult that had it.......you are run down though and sound lilke you have a virus of some sort.

See ya all tomorrow