Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-19-2004, 08:12 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Monday, July 19th Chat

Good Morning,

Just starting this bad boy up....bbl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 10:13 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

How is everybody this wonderful morning?

I got up early and did a 2 mile WATP. I felt old and pitiful before I got started, but about 30 minutes after I finished I felt perky and alive! funny how that works

I found this little diddy about walking on my yahoo homepage this morning under "health tips" that says:

"Daily walks relieve feelings of anxiety and depression, and increase feelings of enthusiasm and optimism. And that's not all. Daily walks also can help you boost your energy level, enhance your self-image, release tension, manage stress, and improve your ability to fall asleep quickly and sleep well."

I find this to be VERY TRUE!

So what is everybody doing today?

Liz - it's so good to have you back!
((((((((((great big hugs girlie)))))))))))

I'll be back later.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:02 PM   #3  

Good morning all.....just dropping in to say hello....been up for about 1/2 an hour.....going to go have coffee now.....see you later.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 01:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

between appts here. got in right at 9:00 to chiro (bless his soul). I guess I did a real number on my back. I go back Wed AM. I have an appt with physio in just over an hour. No gym for at least a week tho I don't think I could do much anyway. Chiro did say I could "try" the elliptical (I usually do 40 or 50 min on it). I'm confined to standing or laying on floor, knees up, ice (frozen bag of peas) 15 min/2hr and some gentle stretching.

hope everyone has a good week
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:53 PM   #5  
CIN

Default Howdy

Hi Gals
Typical back to the real world Monday......work & household chores!

Judo Mom........poor thing.......sorry you are hurting!

Weather only high of 80 here today.perfect in my book! I walked before work....it is a "push" but I agree Cathy...makes the day work out so much better!PLUS knowing I have it "behind me" exercise that is!

Heading back to the center for 2 meetings...............

Today is my first borns Birthday.............30 years old today! Stopped by Sam's and bought a big cake ( straight from WW meeting )
I remembered what I weighed that day too! She only weighed 4 pounds.I was pretty big.Thought I would drop 20 right off! Didnt!)Ha ha ha

BBL

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 02:59 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

April enjoy your coffee... I know I do. How's the eating doing ?

Cathy I agree with the info about exercising, most definitly !!!

Judo, things will happen, just take care of you. Sorry your back went out. Gentle hugs to you.

Cin, Happy Birthday to #1 enjoy the day, its a special one for sure.

Well my chick in the signature is back down to 20 lbs... I gained alot back , I'm sick over it but what can you do. I knew what I was doing, so now I just have to get up, wipe my tears and start over again. Praise God I have another day.

I love you all !!! really, your my strength.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 04:10 PM   #7  

Hi again....I am on my way out the door....to see the naturopath.....be back later.

Leenie...the eating has been going pretty good.....until yesterday....when I had this intense sadness....withdrawal symptom....when I wanted to eat everything in sight & didn't care about eating healthy...it passed after a few hours....still....they are getting farther apart now....the time before this...was a week ago.
As for the having a hard time going to sleep.....just once in the last week.....the headaches are getting less also....it will be a month on the 26.....since I took the last Celexa.....so I am going to tough it out....the witdrawal symptoms could last another month...hopefully they will be less in frequency.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 05:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: H178/S170/140/135

update.. Physio thinks I have a protruding disk in my very lower back and my right hip is tilted forward again. I'm not supposed to sit, so am on bed rest next few days. Two sets of gentle exercises to do every hour/ice and stay on my back, knees up. No gym. I go to physio again tomorrow and Thurs., and 3x next week.

see you in a few days... I'm really upset right now because of the gym thing, but I know I need to get better first.
JudoMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 06:25 PM   #9  

The window person just left after giving us our estimate to replace our windows...just maybe 24 of them. Let's say it's over $10,000 dollars. Oy!
They have to be custom made but one of our windows is an antique. I may get some money for it.

Was the usual weekend. Laundry, shopping, church. Roger had his Elder meeting and they made nice-nice to the Head Usher and he is staying with the job. Such a sweet man but so set-in-his-ways! Another wife of an Elder asked me what we were doing for lunch. We ended up going to lunch and gossiping a bit. This man is well into his 80's and has lived here all his life. Let's put it this way--he knows where the bodies are buried!(Not literally!)

It looks like it's going to rain and I hear there is a tornado warning in the south of the state. I'd best get going and make some supper.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 08:03 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Hey Judomom - I am so sorry about your back! Look girlie, I know you are upset about the gym thing right now, I understand that, I would be too, but you have to take care of yourself and get better so that you can get back to the gym. I'm sorry bout all of this! hugs!

Hey Leenie - don't ya know ya never weigh in after eating cheesecake! I'm sorry for the weight gain girlie! I truly am! But I know that you know what to do and that you will get back on track! you have had so much going on lately, so busy with work and with family, and you just haven't had the time you need to focus on yourself! Tomorrow is a new day! hugs

Hey Cin - hope you had a wonderful time with your dd for her birthday! wow a 4 lb baby is small. glad she grew up into such a fine young lady. Funny how we remember our weight on certain events in our lives.

Hey April - glad you're sleeping better and that the headaches are easing up!

Hey Tippy - boy that's a lot of windows! wouldn't that be nice if your antique window would help pay to replace the others. wow! hope the weather doesn't get bad up there.

Hope everybody has a good nite

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 01:41 AM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone…

Alo Leenie! I’m having an off time too I keep flopping back and forth and forth and back… but just remember, you did it once, you can do it again…! Have Faith

Cathy – I think I’m back on track! LOL course it’s only been day <G> I was starting to feel like I was floating in limbo heheh I didn’t walk today tho, but I bowled 2.5 hours worth. I love that quote!

Judomom - ouchie… I slipped a disk and when the doctor said surgery might be required ugg I bawled like a baby. Just remember also… once you hurt your back, it’s really easy to hurt it again, so be careful and ask your trainer what you can do to strengthen up the back muscles once you are healed. It will help prevent reoccurring injuries. *big hugz*

Today was a good day for me… been busy. I went out and got my CBEST review and preparation book. So I’m off to a friends place to study tomorrow. I’ll catch up with you ladies later…

Take care!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote