Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 07-08-2004, 08:45 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Thursday, July 8th Chat

Good Morning!!

I extended my vacation an extra two days

Cathy, good luck on the phentermine but please remember this, although phentermine is a water pill and it will help you curb your appetite, most doctors/dentists are very cautious when treating patients that take or have taken this in the past. Reason being is phentermine is part of the Phen Phen and anything to do with that, doctors are becoming very leary about treating folks. I took phentermine back in 1998, for only a couple of months, well my dentist refused to work on me unless I went to the hospital and got a echo cardiogram........... what they believe is it can damage the heart.

Gonna take DD for her pictures today, hopefully lol.

BBL to talk.

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  
CIN

Default Good Morning.I am Backkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Good Morning Ladies
Looks like I didnt miss much from yesterdays posts.Not many posted!

I went to the hospital at 8....arrived home at 6:30 and am glad it is over with .(for now)

Cathy.to answer your question from Tues............YES we are confident it is not stress related..especially after yesterdays results of the angio.I have 80% blockage in the Celiac artery with is the large one of the 3 that feeds lots of vital organs in your abdomen.

The radiologist who places stints wants me to see a vascular surgeon for a 2nd opinion because of my age and the hard to get location of the blockage.So I have an appointment 7/22. So basically I KNOW the problem and now need to have the solution.............! I am okay with that.Glad he didnt quickly try to "remedy" the problem without a plan and careful consideration.

I am "house-bound" today but feel fine.....a little stiff from laying flat for several hours.................but perfectly fine otherwise! Thanks for your prayers and thoughts.

Cathy........................I am so sorry for your 5 pound gain especially since you have worked so hard and are the "Exercise Queen" of this room!
I still think the exercise burns so much you are going WELL below 1200 calories a day which slows down your metabolic rate................ ! But I am not an expert.I am very proud of your hard work,good attitude,FAITH & plain old perserverence!

Well......hope I have not bored you all to sleep! I will be in and out all day since my house is so tidy.........I worked myself to death for this day and will be bored stiff! Ha!Ha! Ha!

Hugs & Thanks
Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 11:23 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

It is absolutely nuts around here today. We are having a security system installed and they have been here for 2 days messing with stuff and alarms and sirens have been going off and.........I wanna go home! LOL it's just craziness! and we have jobs out the wahzoo and the phones are ringing like crazy. Man it's busy LOL

I did not exercise this morning bec I had to get up early and leave the house. A dear friend of ours is leaving today for Fort Hood, Texas again. It may be the last time we see him, as they may not get to come home before being shipped out to Iraq in a few weeks. I baked him a big ole batch of oatmeal cookies last night for his bus ride and got down there this morning at 7:00 with them.

When I drove up there were about 300 soldiers in desert fatigues and 3 times that many friends and family members to see them off and it just hit me so hard to see that many people "going to war". I had to call our friend on his cell phone to find him, when I finally drove up to where he was standing I busted out crying like an idiot. Then of course, he and his new wife, busted out crying too. I felt so bad for making them cry but he said it was ok they were gonna be crying anyway LOL. It was just very moving to see all those people out there. Please remember all of our troops and their families in your prayers!

Hey Leenie - I know you are enjoying your few days off! They go fast don't they. and I hear ya about the Phentermine - but remember I have taken it off and on thru the years. I thought phentermine was the safe part of the phen phen and the other one was the one (or the combination of the two) was what caused the heart problems.

Cin - I am so glad that you were feeling up to posting this morning and letting us know how you are doing. I just sent you an email, but wanted to say that I am keeping you in my prayers. This celiac artery blockage sounds like serious business, but I know that you are trusting and leaning on the Lord! hugs!

Wonder what our gang is up to - it sure was quiet here yesterday! Hope everybody gets a minute to check in.

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:16 PM   #4  

Good afternoon ladies

It is a grey, cloudy & rainy day.....I was awake until after 2 A.M. last night.....so am tired today. I could have another 5 1/2 weeks of withdrawal symptoms....still getting sad....not all the time though....& headaches....which I don't usually get.

So have been taking SAM-e for a week now....feeling good when I am not feeling sad....have more energy.....am taking vitamins....plus the Melatonin.....on the nights that I do go to sleep....now I sleep all night.
I won't be going back on the Celexa....the Naturopath said.....in the fall...he would have me on a combination of SAM-e & 5-HTP....a natural antidepressant.....as long as it helps....will continue with it.

A few weeks ago I had a blood test for food allergies.....for a month....will cut out all dairy & eggs....but I don't know if I can give them up for good.

Leenie....hope you are enjoying your vacation.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 03:30 PM   #5  

Hi everyone! I woke up this morning with my heart doing its twitter. I think that it was doing that in my sleep because I'd wke up enough to know I felt icky but I'd go back to sleep. I wasn't too worried - took my meds and sent R off to work. My heart stabilized but it's trying to do that-I can tell. I'll take some more meds in a bit.

Was upstairs making some cloth napkins out of odds and ends of fabric. they're much cheaper than paper and bigger too. I also put in an order at Nancy's Notiond for sewing stuff since there is a big sale. www.nancysnotions.com

Am going to make R some lounging pajama bottoms for around the house. then I am going to make him a couple of dress long sleeved shirts. he likes mine could they're longer than stor bought and the sleeves are too. After that, I'd like to make me some flannel nightgowns cause I love love love them in winter.. Store bought just don't cut it for me.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 04:01 PM   #6  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Ladies!

I just have to say one thing... BBQ is EVIL!!! We decided to BBQ the last of the ribs that we had in the freezer... and man... I'm gonna need a small miracle to get back down to my goal weight.

I’m trying to be good… I am. I gotta get myself back on track. I’ve gone lazy again. I’ve stopped doing what I should be doing, and the weight’s coming back…

I’m a little upset that I’ve allowed myself to let things go, but it’s okie. I know I can pull things together again. I guess I go on vacation for a week, everything else goes on vacation to LOL

I’ve not had time to read back on what’s happening with everyone, but I hope to get some time this week. I hope everyone is doing well.

I’ll post more later, promise…

I will catch you ladies later!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 09:53 PM   #7  
Divine Gal

hey ladies

Life is picking its pace back up here in the normal world again.I have been watching alot of Discovery Health lately.I cried last night because I feel so huge.I just feel so helpless.I don't know if my depression is kicking my butt or I am going through a self pity phase.Hopefully, it will pass.

Hopefully all is well you guys.

Much *hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 02:42 AM   #8  

Default Sounds like everyone needs a hug

((((((((((((((((((((((Leens, Cathy, April, Sue-Marie, Lynnie, Tippy,Cin)))))))))))

Hang in there everyone!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2004, 08:08 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Ladies,

Tip and Cin, glad your both feeling better. Cin please keep us posted on the 2nd opinion.

Cathy yes phentermine is the better of phen phen, but doctors don't care. They either see $$$$ in it or the real danger. I told my doctor that phentermine has been on the market for over 30+ years and is getting a bad rap. But still I had to go for the echo cardiogram just to shut them up, but you know in a way I'm glad I got checked out.... just be safe and good luck I hope it works for you lady. My doctor wants me to get my thyroid checked out ROFL sound familiar? lol

Hi Lizzzzzzy...hugs

Sue don't worry about the bbq, you will get back on track.

April boy I'm glad your feeling better AND sleeping. Good for you !!

Lynnie hang in there kiddo, but I know how you feel, I look at myself and think OMG how aweful. We are our own worst critics for sure. Just think, your in the process of getting healthy and you won't be at this weight for long... hugs.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote