Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-21-2004, 09:25 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Default Friday Chat - May 21st

Good Morning Chickies,

Happy Birthday LindaT
Whats everyone got planned for the weekend? Nothing much happening here, mostlikely b/c its going to rain tomorrow I'll be doing some cleaning. I need a weekend w/no running around and w/the prices of gas, it only makes that decision easier.

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:43 AM   #2  
Rattie Lover

Talking Good Morning Girls!!

The sun is shining...and NOODLES got a full nights sleep!! Yippee!! I took a nice hot bubble bath last night and soaked for a while and read God's word. There's something very soothing about a warm bath and reading inspirational things that calms my soul.

DD is doing much better. She is eating and drinking normally again. Must of been a 24 hour thing. DH brought home our favorite: Vietnamese Pho Soup and Chicken & Steamed Rice with cucumbers, carrots, and fish oil sauce. YUM!

So..we're going to head up to the tournament after all. I'll be goneski for a few days. Ahhhhh...I can feel the 3FC withdrawls now!! But it will be nice to have some time away with just DH & DD. We're going to go to a ghost town on Sunday. I'll take pics for ya.

Well, must get my rear in gear around here. I still have to list a few more goodies on FeeBaY, do dishes, run the vacuum, dust, water the yard, feed the animals & prepare them for their "house sitter", gather up my judging materials, pack, and go go go!! Woosh!!

Have a good weekend everyone!!!
Noodles913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:45 AM   #3  
Rattie Lover

PS: LINDA T!!
Old 05-21-2004, 10:01 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

first things first ... HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDAT! ... what ya doing today? anything special? give yourself a great big hug from me please! Hope your day is BLESSED in everyway.

Leenie - don't even mention "rain" LOL We finally made it thru a whole day with no rain yesterday and are hoping for the same today. please please please and hey! I read your post on yesterday's thread about getting a shot in the cut, and I am not kidding you that when I read those words I felt a sharp pain run all thru my body! I can so feel your pain!

Beth Anne - how is your finger today! I would imagine it is throbbing like crazy? I hope it's not too bad. ya gotta be careful girlie! you sound like me!

Arenee - WELCOME! yep you're in the right place - just spill away!

Sue Marie - I think we all have terrible craving around TOM. You didn't do bad at all, cut yourself some slack, like you would anyone else, and just get back on track - keeping your calories around 1800 like you want to. You are doing great!

Noodles - glad everybody is feeling better! ya'll have fun this weekend!

We have our high school graduation tonight. Friends of both our sons are graduating, but youngest son's girlfriend is graduating so we're gonna be there especially for her. Then afterwards we are going with her and her family to eat and have a little celebration for her. Tomorrrow afternoon we have another graduation.

Hey? did ya'll see on the national news about the 12 year old boy in Florida that was attacked by an alligator but the boy punched him and got away. Remarkable story.

Gotta run for now, hope to be back later.

grouphug,
cathy

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 10:56 AM   #5  
Rattie Lover

Smile Had to share this with you....

THEOLOGY- KID STYLE

1. Dear God,
Please put another holiday between Christmas and Easter. There is nothing good in there now.
Amanda

2. Dear God,
Thank you for the baby brother but what I asked for was a puppy. I never asked for anything before. You can look it up.
Joyce

3. Dear Mr. God,
I wish you would not make it so easy for people to come apart.
I had to have 3 stitches and a shot.
Janet

4. Dear God,
If we come back as somebody else, please don't let me be Jennifer Horton - because I hate her.
Denise

6. God,
I read the bible. What does beget mean? Nobody will tell me
Love, Alison

7. Dear God,
How did you know you were God? Who told you?
Charlene

8. Dear God,
Is it true my father won't get in Heaven if he uses his golf words in the house?
Anita

9. Dear God,
I bet it's very hard for you to love all of everybody in the whole world.
There are only 4 people in our family and I can never do it.
Nancy

10. Dear God,
Did you really mean, Do Unto Others As They Do Unto You? If you did then, I'm going to get even with my brother.
Darla

11. Dear God,
I like the story about Noah the best of all of them. You really made up some good ones. I like walking on water, too.
Glenn

12. Dear God,
My Grandpa says you were around when he was a little boy.
How far back do you go?
Love, Dennis

13. Dear God,
Do you draw the lines around the countries? If you don't,who does?
Nathan

14. Dear God,
It's O. K. that you made different religions but don't you get mixed up sometimes?
Arnold

15. Dear God,
Did you mean for giraffes to look like that or was it an accident?
Norma

16. Dear God,
In bible times, did they really talk that fancy?
Jennifer

17. Dear God,
What does it mean you are a jealous God? I thought you had everything you wanted.
Jane

18. Dear God,
How come you did all those miracles in the old days and don't do any now?
Billy

19. Dear God,
Please send Dennis Clark to a different summer camp this year.
Peter

20. Dear God,
Maybe Cain and Abel would not kill each other so much if they each had their own rooms. It works out OK with me and my brother.
Larry

21. Dear God,
I keep waiting for spring, but it never did come yet.
What's up? Don't forget.
Mark

22. Dear God,
You don't have to worry about me. I always look both ways before I cross the street.
Dean

23. Dear God,
My brother told me about how you are born but it just doesn't sound right.
What do you say?
Marsha

24. Dear God,
If you watch in Church on Sunday I will show you my new shoes.
Barbara

25. Dear God,
Is Reverend Coe a friend of yours, or do you just know him through the business?
Donny

26. Dear God,
In Sunday School they told us what you do for a job. Who does it when you are on vacation?
Jane

27. Dear God,
In school we read that Thomas Edison made light, but in Sunday School they said you did it first. Did he steal your idea?
Sincerely, Donna

28. Dear God,
I do not think anybody could be a better God than you.
Well, I just want you to know that. I am not just saying that because you are already God.
Charles

29. Dear God,
It is great the way you always get the stars in the right place. Why can't you do that with the moon?
Jeff

30. Dear God,
I am doing the best I can. Really.
Frank

31. Dear God,
I didn't think orange went with purple until I saw the sunset you made on Tuesday night. That was really cool.
Old 05-21-2004, 11:02 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Tippy? is today your daughter's birthday? I see there is a "zookeeper16" on the birthday list and was just wondering?
hope all is well. hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 11:40 AM   #7  

Default Finally Friday!

Good Morning!

It's finally Friday and I am on the right day!

Happy Birthday Linda T and many more! I hope you have a day you always wanted!!!

Noodles - out of the mouth of babes! that made my morning. I love number 31. Glad your DD is feeling better

Cathy I am keeping my fingers crossed about the rain.

Arenee Welcome to the board ! These women are fantastic!

Sue Marie - my TOM I find mysef craving things out of the ordinary for me. Normally I crave sweet. The week before TOM all I want is salty. When I grocery shop I avoid that aisle altogether and try to cook more at home than normal. That's one of my GEMs (Green Eyed Monster).

Bethanne I hope that finger is doing better. keep it clean - infections are the worst.

Work is CRAZY. I maybe losing some business because my boss can't keep his mouth shut. I am praying but I do not know what to do.

Hello to all you wonderful women that I missed!

Quote o' the day:

Unless you believe, you will not understand. Saint Augustine

be well. ttyl

GEM/Summer
GEMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 02:28 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Leenie – LOL TOM! I was afraid to say my nick name – Aunt Flo because I didn’t want to offend anyone in case they had aunt with that name *grin* I was a bit down on myself yesterday…but I am bound and determined to start right back on the program. I actually weighed myself this morning, I didn’t gain that much from those two days. That Mother’s Day weekend I gained around 5lbs!!! so it wasn’t that bad hehehe. But I do know its my willpower that I suck in, so I was afraid that I was loosing the fight like I had lost all the others many times before. But I’m okie today… I had a moment of weakness but it didn’t beat me down. I am definitely learning something new though…and still learning LOL

Cathyxxx – Yeah, I was just a tad bit down that I let it go that far. But it’s a different day and I’m jumping right back on the program. Thank you…

GEMonster – Yeah it was that darn BBQ that got me. We had a BBQ before, but I was able to keep the cravings at bay. I was guessing it was TOM before, but I am sure now that it was definitely playing a major role in the situation.

Thanks Ladies for all the words of confidence… It’s a new day, new beginning, new program… At least it seems the cravings are curbed LOL…

I gotta run off to work, I’ll catch you all later… Have a good day Everyone!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:46 PM   #9  

Yup, Cathy, today is Zookeeper's birthday. My baby is 34. Man oh man, I'm old. But not as old as Ruth.

I went to the doctor and everything is hunky dorry! My EKG is great and the lab work is perfect! The doctor grinned at me cause of my lack of patience. He had wanted me to come in everyday while they "adjusted' the dosage of the blood thinner and I said NO! I put myself on the dosage I had been one a few months ago and the lab work said it is perfect! He laughs at me a lot!

I explained to him that when a person reaches a certain age, they lose their "diplomacy program" and are apt to say exactly what they think. (For those of you who have known me for awhile, I know...I lost it a long time ago! )

The weekend is going to be rainy. I'll be doing laundry tomorrow and some cleaning and typing out the papers for our Voter's Meeting after church on Sunday. Pray that our "friendly neighborhood nutcase" will not be at the meeting as I'm short of tolerance this week. She could make the Pope swear. After church Sunday we going shopping for groceries and stuff.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 05:52 PM   #10  

Wink Hello all

Thank you for the warm welcome.

It sounds like you all have plans to keep you busy this weekend-Celeberating birthdays, graduations and judging compititions.

We are celeberating my husbands birthday. He has been working hard the last month, I hope he will take time to enjoy it.

I started writing a note about the last year and what brought me to the point that I am at now--the heaviest I have ever been. It is almost a page and a half and I'm not even up the the 2 weeks with my mother-in-law. The good news is that I haven't over ate today or yesterday. A good first step.
I realize that I am going to have to give up carbonated drinks again as I drink them to the exclusion of water.

Well, I am off to help the boys set up for a garage sale. They are using the money to entertain their cousins this summer.

Have a good weekend all!
Arenee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 08:55 PM   #11  
Losin It For GOOD!

Hey Ladies -
My finger is doing ok. it finally stopped throbbing about an hour ago. I am feeling really good, DH brought me home flowers that always cheers me up. If my typing is funny, its the finger.

I am on day 3 of eating on plan. Tomorrow we are off to my brother and sister in laws, should be fun. My brother in law has an ATV 4-wheeler and he lets me play with it I can't wait!!

hope you all are well.

Love!
BA99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 09:23 PM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hey Beth I was wondering what finger you cut and if the doctor said to hold it in the air just playin lol

Tippy happy birthday to Lisa, I'm glad you feeling better. You verbal ???

Cathy have fun at the graduation !!

Arenne happy birthday to DH !! enjoy

Summer what kind of work do you do ?

SueMarie good girl, keep pluggin away

Noodles, you have a good time and come back soon glad your all feeling better.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote