Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-21-2020, 07:18 PM   #31  

Hello everyone,

I hope Monday finds you well.

It's 78° here, it's wonderful out.

PT went really good. My knee and body are working hard. The scar looks great.

I burnt my hand on the oven. It's pretty bad and it hurt like a MOFO. I'd post a pic but I don't know how on this board.

We've started weighing me at PT. I've lost 7 lbs since last Monday. Yeah, you read that right. 286 to 279. I've been eating better and he challenges me in PT. I thought my stomach looked flatter.

Have a great Monday.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 06:43 PM   #32  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Lisa - Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your hand! is it any better today?? i sure hope so. I've had good results with aloe plant goop, but that is only helpful to you if you have an aloe plant around. best wishes to quick healing!

and whoa on losing those pounds so quick!! yay for you!! Boy that PT person is great and yay for your scar lookin good and doing the hard work in PT. You rock!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 07:04 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

Hi Kathleen well my gardens were looking spectacular if my may say so and then we had 3 nights of around 28 - 32 degrees I covered as much as I could...but you can't cover everything. So what I still have blooming are about 5 large planters of pink, purple and white petunias, about 3 or 4 sunflowers, some zinnias, some petunias on the ground that self-seeded; and about 5 other hanging plants. Oh and some nice large patches of nasturtiums. Ok alot makes me happy I could save them. And our forecast, now that we've had that killing frost, is showing at least a week of much milder; 40's at night and high 60's during the day
Old 09-24-2020, 03:32 AM   #34  
TREEMBBS

S/C/G: 90.8

Height: 5 feet 7and a half inches

Sorry all life took over at my house.

Hope to be back to chat soon x x

My "kids" are - 2 late 40's, 1 mid 30's and my "baby" early 30's - so not kids any more, all with kids of their own and some of their kids with kids of their own too (our great grandkids) Big family x

Last edited by TREEMBBS; 09-24-2020 at 03:33 AM. Reason: put grandkids when I meant great grandkids!
TREEMBBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 06:03 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

TREEMBBS oh wow you have GREAT-grandkids also, how wonderful!!! do your children/grandchildren/great-grandchildren live near you??

Lisa how is your hand? and the rest of you ? so great to have you back!

Hello Kathleen!! so great that you've been back here too!!

Kinda worried about our Pat - I will keep faith that she is okay

will try to come back later today to tell of my household frustrations, but I guess there is tiny improvement. Oh and I did not get the job I applied for, bummer.
Old 09-27-2020, 10:26 PM   #36  

I'm sorry I'm not saying much. I wish I could be talkative but I'm just quiet. I'm still here tho.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2020, 09:01 AM   #37  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I'm sorry I'm not saying much. I wish I could be talkative but I'm just quiet. I'm still here tho.
I'm so glad you are here Lisa even if it's in the background, and you do just what you need

Still thinking of Pat (Flower) and hoping so much that she is OK!!!

And a big Hi to Kathleen

I have been trying to practice positive thinking and being grateful for what I have, it is something I need to do like hourly to prevent depressive thoughts.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:15 AM   #38  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

I am SO incredibly sad. On Monday, our 10 and 1/2 year old Cocker Spaniel started acting "not himself;" lethargic and not responding to us much. This lasted about a half hour and then he seemed okay. Then, very late last night (Tuesday), he went and layed in the corner and was not acting himself again. He was not very responsive and his breathing was very labored. We took him to the emergency vet. They discovered that he had a mass on or near his spleen that had ruptured. He would have required emergency abdominal surgery, which would have been very hard on an older dog; possible death due to complications during surgery... and the tumor was 85% an aggressive malignant kind that might have already spread. ☹ We had to make the gut wrenching decision to put him to sleep. 😢 Thankfully, despite their COVID restrictions, they made an exception and allowed us to be with him since it was euthanasia. But we are all heartbroken. 💔 He and my son were the absolute BEST buddies ever. He is devastated. 😢

Lisa, still and especially now thinking of you for your loss of Elvira. ❤

Hello to Holly, TREEMBBS, and Pat!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 02:20 AM   #39  
I can do it!!!

Holly: So sorry that you didn't get the job you applied for. ☹ I am confident that something else will come your way! 🙏
Old 10-01-2020, 02:33 AM   #40  
I can do it!!!

Just fyi: I started the October thread.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:19 PM   #41  

Sorry been out of loop. . Been in hospital with leukemia. And heart condition weak and alone. Weight not as bad as I thought. Sending much love 💗💜💗💜💗💜💗💜

Last edited by flower123; 10-13-2020 at 09:33 PM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfull Humans View Post
Just A REMINDER that YOU ARE AWESOME!!
hi Mindful humans. Sorry no one replied to your post before now. turns out someone has started an October depression thread. Please do join in. <3
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:48 AM   #43  

losing a pet is like losing someone you love, i have a twelve year old and im dreading the day he passes. all good things come to an end but its the experiences and love we must remember
wilkeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 01:21 AM   #44  
I can do it!!!

wilkeya: Thank you for your kind message. Yes, I loved Lucky SO much and I miss him dearly. I am so thankful for all of the photos we have to help us remember the wonderful experiences and love we had with him.💙 Enjoy every moment with your precious pup! ❤

By the way, we start a new Ups & Downs Depression Support Group thread every month, so we are currently posting in the October 2020 thread. I hope you will join us! 😊
Old 10-25-2020, 02:12 PM   #45  
I can do it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfull Humans View Post
Just A REMINDER that YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Mindfull Humans: Thank you for that uplifting reminder! As flower123 mentioned, we have started a new Ups & Downs Depression Support thread for October 2020. Please visit us there! We start a new thread every month.