Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-12-2020, 03:53 PM   #1  

Smile 1lb a week Target 50lb -- Slow and steady wins the race

Hi Guys

Im new on here Ive had depression since i was 11 years old it got progressively worse in my last years of high school as it usually does with a lot of people. im on medication for it on and off but because the dr wont put me on a repeat prescription i always have gaps between which messes things up

Cut a long story short i was 9 stones when i started university I'm 5'5 used to think i was fat then and hated my weight 3 years later i had graduated and was 12 stones 6llb the heaviest ive ever been

At this moment in time im 12 st 1lb (171 lb) I'd do anything to go back to 9 stone i feel like my life is on a stand still because of my weight issues i dont feel happy or confident im self conscience about the way my clothes feel and fit my posture is terrible and ive developed nerd neck because im always hunched trying to hide

The reason im on here is ive realised that having some sense of community is really helpful with weight loss especially when your doing it on your own with no fitness trainer or dietitan, with family that are eating whatever they want it can be harder to stay on track, i had lost 6lb 7/8 weeks ago and within 2 weeks of bad eating they came back on its so fustrating

Ive decided to take it 1 step at a time 1llb a week, ofcourse id prefer to lose 10 pound in 2 weeks like some people you hear about but i know my bodys not like that its very slow to lose weight so ive just going to take it one day at a time focus on the day itself rather the 50lbs i need to lose

So yea thats all for today i'd love to hear from some of you guys and if anyone would like to team up so we can keep each other accountable id be up for it
aaliyah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 03:11 AM   #2  

Day 2 working from home atm hopefully i stick to my diet for today
aaliyah95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:27 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hi and your plan sounds great!! and you're not setting yourself up for disappointment, by striving for a moderate loss! I hear ya about being in a household where others are eating what they want...it makes it very hard! but you can be tough and keep your goal. How did you do on the 13th?
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 09:55 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaliyah95 View Post
Day 2 working from home atm hopefully i stick to my diet for today
Its never easy, it takes dedication & concentration, then you can get the desired results.
Jayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 214.5/185.5/155

Height: 5'5"

I have bipolar disorder and take four meds, two of which cause a lot of weight gain. I have lost 30 pounds since Jan. 2 and in April even though I stuck to the 1,000 calorie diet/50 carbs a day, I kept fluctuating by two pounds so the month will close with only a 2 lb. loss. I think I am being too restrictive and my body is clinging to its calories and fat stores! I like the idea of losing four pounds a month as it will create a lifestyle I can maintain and I am committed to this eating program for the entire year. I hope to lose 30 more pounds by the time it's done and with four pounds a month, I can. You inspired me to look at the positive of a slow and steady and maintainable loss!
BabaSylli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:46 PM   #6  

working from home is kind of advantage just because I am able to follow my workout properly
Deepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:47 PM   #7  

The key is to keep moving forward, even if its slowly
GetFit247 is offline   Reply With Quote