Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-08-2018, 05:48 AM   #1  

Arrow hi =)

Hi there!

I have had weight issues ever since I can remember. I had undiagnosed ADHD when I was a child and when I hit the puberty I gained a lot of weight. It coupled with depression and anxiety and I used food as a way of controlling suicidal thoughts. My weight was very disappointing to my parents, especially to my father. I was never acknowledged for managing to stay alive, because according to my parents, there was no way I felt that way.
If you are starting to be worried, don't be. I have plenty support now, I have a terrific husband and a therapist and these problems are more or less in the past. The reason I am telling this is that I want to make clear why is it hard for me to talk about my feelings concerning my weight to anyone I know. I am really ashamed to have these thoughts and I cannot face telling anyone of my friends. I believe that there are some similar people out there and we can help each other =)
looking forward to hearing from you and I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey.
nestin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:00 PM   #2  

I'm sorry to hear about what has been going on, but i'm glad to hear that you now have support. Always remember this, you are loved. You are so loved by me, those in this community, God, and those outside this community. Don't overthink it. Fight with thoughts that try to make you depressed. You are not alone in this battle that you are facing. Keep on fighting and don't give up. You really got this.
drewp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 06:10 AM   #3  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nestin View Post
Hi there!

I have had weight issues ever since I can remember. I had undiagnosed ADHD when I was a child and when I hit the puberty I gained a lot of weight. It coupled with depression and anxiety and I used food as a way of controlling suicidal thoughts. My weight was very disappointing to my parents, especially to my father. I was never acknowledged for managing to stay alive, because according to my parents, there was no way I felt that way.
If you are starting to be worried, don't be. I have plenty support now, I have a terrific husband and a therapist and these problems are more or less in the past. The reason I am telling this is that I want to make clear why is it hard for me to talk about my feelings concerning my weight to anyone I know. I am really ashamed to have these thoughts and I cannot face telling anyone of my friends. I believe that there are some similar people out there and we can help each other =)
looking forward to hearing from you and I wish you all the luck in the world on your journey.
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that, but I think the only way to lose weight and live a healthy life i consistency.
richard123 is offline   Reply With Quote