Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-29-2018, 12:44 PM   #46  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Snow ❄!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:16 PM   #47  

Lisa, I'm so glad Elvira wasn't serious - Are there any vet schools near you? They might do work for cost of anaesthetics alone? $63 does sound steep for a consultation, I hope you can find somewhere less pricey!

Hope your iPad is keeping you entertained!

Pat you're such a good neighbour to help out, I hope there's a long gap before you're next asked to feed her cat though You were so restrained for Thanksgiving, I honestly like any excuse to stuff myself! I'm looking forward to eating lots of cheese for Christmas
How is the weather for you?

Holly your shingles experience sounds awful! And that it's caused you to miss out on your salary bump! Thankfully you're alright, but that must've been scary...

Your son sounds like such a hoarder I'd start gently suggesting he move some of his stuff out...

I watched this the other day, and it made me think of you: https://youtu.be/AViRBOtEfC8 (you don't have to watch the whole thing!)

Last edited by Coop27; 11-29-2018 at 04:33 PM.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:07 PM   #48  

I think I'm getting a bit SAD this year, I don't think my mental state is all that good right now. I dunno what to do to get out of my funk.

I need a bit of a vent too. I've been offering to host family for Christmas this year. It's a smallish apartment, but I've been planning for weeks to make it work. Everyone seemed happy with it, because my OH has allergies, and it stops them having to worry about him getting sick. Only my sister kicked up a fuss, and the whole thing sounds like it's a no-go now. She's completely unwilling to find a compromise I'm trying to figure out how to make Christmas work now, I think we'll have to spend it alone though...
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 04:27 AM   #49  

Hi All
Lisa congrats on the ipad. I love mine. I have had it for 5 1/2 years. I hope you were able to find a vet in your area that helps
fur babies for less money. I hope you find a great tree with some nice decorations. I no longer put up a tree. But I used to have 9 trees in my downstairs. They all had clear lights and no bright colors for decorations. I live alone and am 67. So I no longer decorate. Are you getting a wreath?

Holly Is your kindle new? If so, that means you just had a birthday. So, happy Birthday !! I LOVE my tablet. So much easier to use it than booting up my laptop. And I can bring it places. So glad that you got a reliable car for those 2am drives home in the snow. Must be very different driving home with the roads not plowed well due to the hour of night. Is it a pretty and quiet ride in the snow at that hour? I LOVE the silence of snow. Are you feeling more comfortable/familiar with the job yet? Beautiful pics of the snow. Friday and Saturday will finally be dry. Can you tell me how you post pictures here? Thanks.

Coop I am sorry your sister is not being cooperative about christmas. Also sorry you are dealing with SAD. Do you take enough vitamin D? Some say 4,000 mg or even more is good to take during the winter. Do you have full spectrum bulbs in your home?

I am passing along my info about my journey thought full spectrum bulbs. got some very expensive special full spectrum LED lights. Turns out LED lights are not recommended by ophthalmologists. Because they say the LED can damage the retina. So they were a big waste of money. Am using full spectrum incandescent bulbs because CFLs supposedly are also bad for the eyes, and body.. Its really such a pain that the only full spectrum bulb that is truly good is incandescent. Sorry if that was depressing to read. I think it may have been depressing to write I wish I knew what helps SAD. I have it too. Even though I dont admit it. I do not have money for one of those SAD lights.

Have been very busy making my greeting cards for christmas gifts. Some of them take a long time to do. So I will be busy making cards for the next few weeks. Today I mailed out my first package of the season. Its because someone has a birthday on Dec. 5th. After that I will put together around 11 or 12 packages of cards. Some of them will be at east 40 per package. The small ones will be around 10 to 15. Once I get the packages all made then I can rest. Until then I will be busy. I think I have about 100 more to make. Maybe more than that. IDK.
I hope you all have a good Friday. Pat

Last edited by flower123; 11-30-2018 at 04:30 AM.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 11:01 AM   #50  
Biker Chick!

Coop thanks for that video link, i LOL'd!!! though that flimsy LONG ladder made me scared! and isn't it interesting to see that those men were wearing a traditional hot weather head covering, while in winter? That was a HUGE amount of snow wasn't it!!

I am so sorry to hear that your sister is being so and ruining your careful plans!! that stinks! can't she just be excluded if she is the problem?

Pat I see my sentence was misleading, I have had the Kindle for a couple years now (but coincidentally my b-day is this Sunday, but it is just another day to me ) and yes tablets are great!! in fact, that Kindle makes it SO easy for me to post pics here, because I take the pic with the Kindle, it is stored on it, then if I use the KIndle to come to 3FC it is so easy to chose a pic from the files. But..you scroll down to the bottom when you are making a post where you see the box that says "Manage Attachments" and click on it. I am able to use the box that says "Upload file from your computer" and if you click on that, then it brings you to your pics on your computer. I forget how to transfer pics from a digital camera to your computer, if that is what you want to do...I will try to talk you through it more if needed!

yes it is a very quiet drive home ,at 1 or 2 in the morning! there is sometimes activity in town because the town does their snow removal during the dead of night. With the bucket loaders and big trucks. No traffic control, they just rely on us using our own good sense to stay out of their way. But I was able to enjoy the drive because the roads were completely cleared by then and the snow is still coated to every single tree, every single branch, and when it is lit up by my high beams I guess it is pretty. In face I said out loud last night, at 1:10 a.m. 'stupid pretty snow'

My hands are feeling the work I did yesterday, I have a new station and you have to thread a nut onto a screw but it is sight unseen, under a bar, and it is just so tricky for me. It is taking me so long and then I pop a sweat because of that and that makes me more unsure and dumb feeling. I don't remember my mother scolding me terribly or anything when I was a kid and did something wrong, I dont' know where this deep-seated need to not mess us comes from

Last edited by VermontMom; 11-30-2018 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:03 AM   #51  
Biker Chick!

and I was thinking "shee-it, if one of these guys was plopped into a kitchen and told to prepare 50 desserts for lunch and 100 desserts for dinner, how would they do" I am so good at what I know how to do!! and suck at what I don't
Old 12-01-2018, 12:58 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hello friends, Happy Thanksgiving!

first, Lisa, we are thinking of Elvira and you!! you are a good doggie parent and you called the vet right away and we will be thinking of you tomorrow at the appointment and hoping and praying for good news!!!

flower well drat that barfy mean cat!! I am NOT happy to hear he broke your skin!!! does he have all his shots?!? that neighbor really oversteps to ask such of you, of such a horrid creature. I love most animals also but I would NOT love that meanie. I hope you didn't have to stand outside in this FREAKISHLY COLD weather for him!

Hi to everyone else! I hope you all had some sort of nice Thanksgiving.

Again, the absent daughter-in-law messed with our Thanksgiving plans, we were supposed to go to younger son's place (me, husband, and other son) but she decided she wanted to spend the day with him...maybe. So that of course puts his hopes up. I don't know if she even showed. We had our older son over here, my husband cooked his usual great T-giving food and we did a few Mad Libs...but we were feeling younger son's absence and thinking of him of course.

The absent daughter in law did finally accept my re-Friend request but has not responded to my nice email.

Oh hey!!! some of us are the same age. If any of you have considered getting the shingles vaccination, Shingrix, be aware that when you get the second shot, the booster, there is a large possibility of having temporary debilitating side effects. Yes , I know!! I had the booster on Sunday afternoon at a supermarket pharmacy, where I had the first shot in August. The technician definitely should have counseled me on the side effects possibility, I would have re-scheduled. But she didn't . When the needle went in it felt like it was coated with acid. I said, "wow that is stingy, the first one wasn't' and she said 'oh yes, the second one is stronger' or something dumb like that. A couple hours later I had the usual muscle soreness where the needle went in, and a few hours after that, my whole arm was sore, and I was worried about being able to do my duties at work the next day, Monday.

Monday I woke up and felt okay except for the sore arm. But as the day progressed, especially in the late afternoon, started feeling really bad. Like coming down with the flu, when every joint feels like it's burning with fire or filled with broken glass, every cell and muscle hurting. By this time I couldn't raise my arm and it was tender in the armpit and down my side too. And then the uncontrollable shaking. Like when you are going into shock, that kind of deep, whole body shaking. And this was at work! I tried so hard to 'keep it together' but realized i could not. Got a supervisor and they were concerned about me getting home safely. It's only 5 miles I told them. In the parking lot it was all I could do to put one foot in front of the other to get to my car. In town I actually stopped to consider going to the ER (we have a small hospital right in town) The only thing that kept me, was thinking of the cost, it is at least $500 out of our pocket. I decided to just go home. Drove so slowly and carefully yet 1/4 mile from home, closed my eyes for too long and jerked awake as I saw the guardrail looming. thank god I avoided it!! got to my driveway and just about careened down it. Got into the house, was able to remove boots but crawled into bed with coat, gloves, scarf still on. Just laid there concentrating on one breath at a time. Was able to get up in the night to properly undress and get a big container of crystal-lite type of drink by my bedside, I know it always helps to drink lots of liquids pretty much whatever is wrong with you. Got through the night and in the morning called my doctor, who confirmed that Shingrix does prevent shingles like 95% but a high percentage of people have to put up with some side effects, from mild to temporary debilitating. Yeah I was debilitated!!! I called out from work which erases my 3 weeks of perfect attendance for my $1/hour raise!!! I have to start at 0 again for that! But anyway I spend all day Tuesday in bed, and woke up yesterday feeling MUCH better, and by yesterday afternoon just about 100% back.

well thanks for listening to that, my captive audience

I did a huge, unintentional cleanup today our older son's room has become a dumping ground, not by ME because I don't do that sh*t. But i have been a nice quiet wifey and not nagged about it. I do know husband has been 'saving' (HOARDING) cardboard, he said he will put it on the parts of the lawn that he wants to suppress weeds. Welll, he does NOT do yard work at all, and just putting down cardboard does sh*t against weeds, I've laid down tarps and the weeds still come up! and you would not believe the amount of cardboard that was in there..dozens and dozens and DOZENS of boxes (all from amazon, from stuff he buys online) they were flattened but SO VERY MUCH. Well I went into the room to put a tray of our desserts, it is an unheated room so it is very cold but not freezing and I didn't have room in the refridgerator. I had to clear a freakin path just to get in!!!! then got so mad, just started grabbing as much of that crap and throwing it into the adjacent living room..then got my boots, snow pants, gloves, everything (it was 5 above zero outside) and started hauling it out. Then I had to cut it all down!!! to fit into our big recycling bin. I would have never done this with him in the house before...I didn't care. i am almost 58 years old and I am not gonna live with effin roomful of cardboard for something that will never get done. And it's a fire hazard!!

Well now you can at least walk into the damn room but it is still awful. Now I'm all mad again, lol. I was seriously p-o'd about it earlier and not very Thanksgiving-y feeling. Guess I should be glad I got so much out of the house in one shot. Gonna get to the rest next week after the recycling is picked up, the bin is stuffed full of cardboard now

Holly,

I am so sorry. I missed your post about the shingles shot. I am so glad you did make it home and got yourself into bed.

I think about getting the shot. My dad got shingles after having heart surgery. He was a tough guy but the shingles just killed him. He told me so when he showed me and that is very unlike my Dad to complain.

His shingles were around his waist where his jeans rubbed it. He was miserable.

Your post makes me have second thoughts.

I don't blame you for being pissed about the whole card board situation.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-01-2018 at 01:00 AM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:03 AM   #53  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa - I hope so much there is available some veterinary care that doesn't cost so much! that IS a ridiculous amount just for a visit, no meds. Give Elvira love from all of us

Hey cool that you got a tablet!! I LOVE my Kindlefire. It is kind of deluxe, it was a birthday gift from my husband and he is extravagant but I don't mind when I benefit I can watch movies, go on the Internet, have my email, take pictures, play music, good stuff.

We got SO much snow :shock: !! almost 2 feet total from about 3 day's worth. I took pics yesterday with my Kindle, tried to come here to post, and had to go thru the process of a new password, etc. so I'll try again.

HI to everyone Lisa thank you for worrying about me I love your concern :hugs: I am good, the new job does have challenging hours (we were kept til 1:40 a.m. on Tuesday and until 2:00 a.m. last night!!! it doens't make sense to me, to have relatively unskilled people like me there so late, when I am not actively 'on the line' producing the product, just making backup items..whatever.

my new car the Subaru Impreza with the new snow tires is AWESOME in the snow!!! One less worry , driving home at 2:00 a.m. in winter!

We do not have a tree yet..i am ashamed to say I don't think we even did one last year!! If we do get a tree, it usually isn't til the middle of December.

Our younger son still isn't communcating with us, about his marriage situation . I don't blame him to not want to talk about a painful subject. Just still letting him know we support and love him. And jeez, we will still support and love the absent daughter in law, if that's what he wants
I love Subaru cars!!!!! There are tons of them here due to this being such a mountainous region. Tons of camping, lakes and rivers.

I due love my ipad to play games on. I need a case on it. It's kinda heavy to hold.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-01-2018 at 01:04 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:10 AM   #54  

Elviras hangy thing is still busted open. Its bad and its going to have to come off.

She is on an antibiotic 3 pills 2X a day.

I break them open, they are capsules, and I put them in her food. She's really smart and she knows what I am doing.

I hate to jam 3 pills down her throat so i try to come up with other ways. Tonight I put them in potatoes and green beans. She knew but ate them anyway.

Thank goodness.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-01-2018 at 01:10 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:14 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa, I'm so glad Elvira wasn't serious - Are there any vet schools near you? They might do work for cost of anaesthetics alone? $63 does sound steep for a consultation, I hope you can find somewhere less pricey!

Hope your iPad is keeping you entertained!

Pat you're such a good neighbour to help out, I hope there's a long gap before you're next asked to feed her cat though You were so restrained for Thanksgiving, I honestly like any excuse to stuff myself! I'm looking forward to eating lots of cheese for Christmas
How is the weather for you?

Holly your shingles experience sounds awful! And that it's caused you to miss out on your salary bump! Thankfully you're alright, but that must've been scary...

Your son sounds like such a hoarder I'd start gently suggesting he move some of his stuff out...

I watched this the other day, and it made me think of you: https://youtu.be/AViRBOtEfC8 (you don't have to watch the whole thing!)
Coop,

I do love my Ipad. I try to prop it up but it never works. I need a case.

I have to find someone to remove Elviras hangy thing. It's got to come off. It's split open but I am doing my best to get the antibiotics down her.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:19 AM   #56  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
I think I'm getting a bit SAD this year, I don't think my mental state is all that good right now. I dunno what to do to get out of my funk.

I need a bit of a vent too. I've been offering to host family for Christmas this year. It's a smallish apartment, but I've been planning for weeks to make it work. Everyone seemed happy with it, because my OH has allergies, and it stops them having to worry about him getting sick. Only my sister kicked up a fuss, and the whole thing sounds like it's a no-go now. She's completely unwilling to find a compromise I'm trying to figure out how to make Christmas work now, I think we'll have to spend it alone though...
Coop,

Sad lights help in the winter time. You can find them online. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Actually a small quiet Christmas sounds great. Play some Christmas songs all day and make a nice meal for you and the OH. Don't let that sister of yours ruin such a lovely day.

I'm alone on Christmas too. I'll go to church on Christmas eve and just enjoy my tree on Christmas.. I might make a meal or better yet buy one. lmao

There is also football on tv on Christmas day. Yeah baby!!!

I finally broke down and called United Health Care about my insurance. This is the time of year that I can change my Medicare company if I want.

I found out some exciting things. If they come to fruition I'll fill you in at later date.

Sorry I blew up the thread.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-01-2018 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:27 AM   #57  
Biker Chick!

Oh Elvira is so smart, that she knew the medicine was in the food but ate it anyway it is so very hard to get them to take medicine isn't it!! they see you with the bottle and they KNOW. I think we coated our dog's pills with peanut butter.

Lisa it seems to me that putting up with a case of shingles, and the long term complications, would be worse than putting up with the side effects of the shot..the side effects only last for 2 to 3 days. And if you are well prepared in your mind maybe it's not so bad. Like you would not schedule anything for a day or so afterwards, be able to hang around in bed as much as possible, no exertion, etc. But I did make the side effects sound horrible i know, I guess it seemed so much worse because I was at work and not expecting it and tried to push through it.

Was released from work at 12:15 a.m., tongiht, that makes 4 nights out of 5 for overtime, my paycheck will be good next week!

tomorrow morning early 7:00 I have a hair appt, I have got to get my bangs cut differently, the other stylist tried to have them straight across and I need a side bang instead. Then at 8:00 I am due at the town hall to help sell Christmas wreaths for the Fire Dept. Auxiliary, I also made my special meringue mushrooms to sell.

then sometime during the day I have to shovel snow off the garage (much like Coop's video link haha) because there is so much snow on the roof and we're supposed to get RAIN on Sunday which would be disastrous on top of so much snow on the roof. ah the joys of owning a home haha!!!

and then I can RELAX for the rest of Saturday and sunday!!

Last edited by VermontMom; 12-01-2018 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:29 AM   #58  
Biker Chick!

Lisa we love to hear about what's going on with you!! and looking forward to hearing about possible exciting things
Old 12-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #59  

Lisa thinking of Elvira and you. So glad you are able to get her to take the antibiotics. Sending lots of light to you both You are a great cat mother to Elvira

More later. Hi Coop and Holly
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:30 AM   #60  
Biker Chick!

Oh wow it's December already, I will start a December thread