Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-02-2018, 12:51 AM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Default August Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

(New thread for August)
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:58 PM   #2  

Thank you Panda <3
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:59 PM   #3  

Quote:Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts
I watched all these kittens die and its near impossable to forgive myself. i am scarred. i will never let a cat have kittens again.

awww sweetheart, i understand what you are saying about self blame. But how many people would know about hypothermia? When I was young my cat had 2 litters. I never until now knew about threat of Hypothermia relating to a litter of kitties born inside during warm weather. Who would know this? A vet? Then why don't vets warn people? Please just know I never heard of this before. And my kitty had 2 litters when I was in my early 20s. Blame the vet, if you want. But you were completely innocent. Only someone with a very good heart would feel so much horror toward themself. Please Lisa, keep writing about this here. Your feelings are very real and raw. Keep talking. Let it out. You have people here who know your heart. We all will hold the truth for you. The truth of... you are innocent but I do not want you to feel silenced. Please keep writing about how you feel. I think it's important. Sending more hugs for you, Sasha and Bluey
Old 08-02-2018, 04:08 PM   #4  

Oh wow! August already! Thanks for the new thread Panda

Lisa, I wholeheartedly second Flower's post - I didn't know hypothermia could be a problem for kittens indoors, especially not in summer. You are taking really great care of bluey, and I'm glad he enjoyed his first solid meal!
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:56 PM   #5  

Thanks. its really hard still. still really hard. Im throwing myself into taking care of Bluey. Bluey is a girl.

I will be offline for the entire month of August. I have to get Sasha fixed and i need the extra money. Ill be back asap. I dont have a choice but to not pay my phone in August.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 06:07 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
Thanks. its really hard still. still really hard. Im throwing myself into taking care of Bluey. Bluey is a girl.

I will be offline for the entire month of August. I have to get Sasha fixed and i need the extra money. Ill be back asap. I dont have a choice but to not pay my phone in August.
have you asked your vet if there is any place that has clinics to fix cats at a low price for low income people? I know that in certain towns and coties this is available. If you want to let me know where you live, I can try to find out for you, if that would help

Last edited by flower123; 08-02-2018 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-06-2018, 04:30 PM   #7  

Lisa, on the off-chance you're still checking in, I hope everything is going well with Bluey and Sasha!

Not a lot to report for me. Still pretty exhausted, but I spoke to some friends who said they're just as exhausted, so I feel a bit better now. I lost a big clump of hair the other day though, so I've gotten paranoid something else is up.i'm sure it's nothing...
Old 08-07-2018, 12:35 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post
Lisa, on the off-chance you're still checking in, I hope everything is going well with Bluey and Sasha!

Not a lot to report for me. Still pretty exhausted, but I spoke to some friends who said they're just as exhausted, so I feel a bit better now. I lost a big clump of hair the other day though, so I've gotten paranoid something else is up.i'm sure it's nothing...
Perhaps from stress??

I’m doing ok. I tried a new fitness class because it’s within walking distance of me. Not sure long term whether this means I have to give up my main regular place. I still supplement with other places too so it’s a lot.
I know there are less expensive options or especially just running or doing home workouts but I am just not motivated ever to do that, sadly.

It was a nice 90 degree day and I stepped outside twice.
I was out a lot this weekend though for a couple parties, and dinner and drinks.
I would feel odd if I went out for drinks and didn’t order alcohol but I am going to do my best for awhile to choose low calorie options because I don’t really care for drinking the extra calories. Maybe get one glass of wine then get a water.

The summer is flying by and I’m now disappointed that I gave up my vacation but will need to choose another week to take it. I am waiting on a friend that asked if i can meet up but if my friend can’t finalize plans I am just going to pick some week to relax locally and not do a trip.

Old 08-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #9  

I didn't get selected for Jury Duty it didn't sound like the worst case ever, a 1 week trial for a bar fight, but I'm glad I can get on with normal life. Maybe I was more stressed about it than I realised. I can book a holiday for my birthday next month now
Old 08-10-2018, 12:42 AM   #10  

Coop, that is great you can look forward to bday travel plans!

I’ve been mixing up my workout routines, and I need to figure out how to stay on a budget.
Old 08-10-2018, 01:28 PM   #11  

Coop just now replying to your post in July that you live in Scotland. Ahhhh, so 40 degrees at night was not as cool as I thought, lol. Actually, that's scary stuff, only getting down to 40c.at night. Hope the weather has cooled down. Big congrats on not being selected for Jury fury. re hair loss and exhaustion, have you had your thyroid levels checked? I am always on bio-identical medication for slight hypothyroidism. it's really no biggie, as long as I stay on the bio-identical for thyroid. Although I do not absorb nutrients well. So during times of stress or poor diet I do have a bald spot.

Worried about Lisa. If you are reading, I hope you are okay

panda, I always admire how you set up social interactions with folks. I do hope you set up a vacation for yourself. In right timing!

Things have been okay with me. Inner stress as usual, anxiety over money and bills. "All is being provided" repeat ad nausuem. And believe it! So grateful for this day of lower humidity and sunshine. But I am always greateful for summer, no Mayer what it brings.

I heard of a mew diet. I don't remember what it's called. And it is not for everyone. Especially those with diabetes. But for me, it fits right in with my eating pattern. It's about only eating 8 hours a day. Lowish carbs. Normal protein and fats. I don't do lowish carbs. But otherwise it seems to be a good eating plan for me.

Sending for Lisa. And for anyone who needs or wants.

Holly and anyone else who I did not mention.

Old 08-10-2018, 02:22 PM   #12  

Thanks Flower! I do have thyroid problems, I've got really early stages of Hashimotos, but my thyroid isn't affected yet so I'm not on medication. I really hope it's not a sign my thyroid is struggling, I've been on a really strict diet to control/reverse it, and would be so upset if it's all been for nothing

Is the diet the 16:8? Someone at my work did that recently, it sounds good! Hope you get on well with it
Old 08-11-2018, 01:02 AM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop27 View Post

I am a helicopter mom with this kitten. Im scared to death that Elvira is going to step on her. Bluey has decided she likes to chase after her momma.

Im bleeding again. Almost 2 weeks now. The pain has been bad the past 2 nights.

Im ok here but im not quite myself.
Old 08-11-2018, 01:10 AM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Coop just now replying to your post in July that you live in Scotland. Ahhhh, so 40 degrees at night was not as cool as I thought, lol. Actually, that's scary stuff, only getting down to 40c.at night. Hope the weather has cooled down. Big congrats on not being selected for Jury fury. re hair loss and exhaustion, have you had your thyroid levels checked? I am always on bio-identical medication for slight hypothyroidism. it's really no biggie, as long as I stay on the bio-identical for thyroid. Although I do not absorb nutrients well. So during times of stress or poor diet I do have a bald spot.

Worried about Lisa. If you are reading, I hope you are okay

panda, I always admire how you set up social interactions with folks. I do hope you set up a vacation for yourself. In right timing!

Things have been okay with me. Inner stress as usual, anxiety over money and bills. "All is being provided" repeat ad nausuem. And believe it! So grateful for this day of lower humidity and sunshine. But I am always greateful for summer, no Mayer what it brings.

I heard of a mew diet. I don't remember what it's called. And it is not for everyone. Especially those with diabetes. But for me, it fits right in with my eating pattern. It's about only eating 8 hours a day. Lowish carbs. Normal protein and fats. I don't do lowish carbs. But otherwise it seems to be a good eating plan for me.

Sending for Lisa. And for anyone who needs or wants.

Holly and anyone else who I did not mention.

Im here, flower. A couple more weeks and i'll feel more comfortable leaving this kitten alone. She'll be 8 weeks old on the 26th. She is teeny.
Old 08-12-2018, 01:53 PM   #15  

Im bleeding really hard today. I cant leave the house, I'm flooding.