Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 09-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
New avatar pic... for a while. pic taken in April this year.

IBelieveInMe2 The story of your daughter exercising with such dedication is absolutely amazing. It really gets me in my heart. Big smile on my face. I am glad your son is doing well too. I often think that marriages can go through a big challenge when all the kids are gone from the house. I am sending prayers for sure. Surrounding you with light. Sometimes couples therapy is not the answer before individual therapy. Of course I have no idea, even for myself, lol. So I cannot know for anyone else. Just wanted to write it. Anyway, please know I am sending light and prayer. <3 thank you for the kind words you said to me. If I knew how to blush, I would be blushing. Re the greeting cards. Yes!! I give them as gifts or trades to people. And many people like to give the cards to people just to make them happy. Flowers are so healing for the heart and soul. <3 Sending flowers to you. I too have been wondering where Panda is... if she is okay

Holly 16 years is a long time to be in a job and then leave it. I know its easy for me to say, but you know the whole thing about: when we let go of something that is not working, we make room for the next thing to come in. The transitional time is very challenging. I hope you will soon find a perfect job working for someone who is deserving of you.,.. and who pays well !! I will send out some good vibes for that. in the meantime, hang in there. I know that loss of job (however it happens) can be very challenging, to say the least. And yes. Bambas are dangerous. Especially since they only cost a dollar a bag.

Hi to Lisa. I hope you are doing okay. How is the working out thing going?

Hoping everyone is doing well.

The anxiety is really getting to me today and yesterday. I will not go into details. But it is financial. I am doing relentless self talk to try to convince myself that it will be okay. Tonight I finally went out and bought Belgian chocolate callets to self medicate. I think I need a miracle,

Hope you all have an awesome Sunday, Pat
I think I need to work a little harder at the gym but not so much that I kill myself.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 09-23-2018 at 08:24 PM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 03:42 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I think I need to work a little harder at the gym but not so much that I kill myself.
maybe you can slowly increase? That way you won't be overly sore?
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:25 PM   #33  

Quote:

maybe you can slowly increase? That way you won't be overly sore?
I was in PT for 4 months so now I need to challenge myself just a bit more at the gym.

Im going to water aerobics tomorrow, for the first time at 530 pm.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:53 PM   #34  

Quote:
I was in PT for 4 months so now I need to challenge myself just a bit more at the gym.

Im going to water aerobics tomorrow, for the first time at 530 pm.
Lisa it makes sense what you say about having done PT. So you can handle more than the usual gym beginner. Water aerobics sounds great. Resistance and low impact. I admire your dedication.

Things for me have ben a bit challenging. Something specific has been surfacing that is causing me to want to eat eat eat. It's been challenging. The good news is that I have gone many days without chocolate. Well, except for that turtle candy sample at Costco. It was amazing! I am so far not relenting to the food cravings. But I should be losing the few lbs I did gain over the summer.

Hope everyone is okay <3 Pat

Last edited by flower123; 09-24-2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:29 AM   #35  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello my friends!! booo to me for not checking in at all every day I mean to and then something seems to take priority.

Lisa my friend you are to be congratulated for just joining and going to the gym!! yeah!! that is so great. And that you're trying different types, like water aerobics. was that good? How is Miss Elvira, I hope good! I am so glad *someone* loves winter, you can have my share

flower I am so sorry that you are being bothered by anxiety and especially if it is financial, so stressful! i hope it is a workable situation. And so sorry that, like many of us, it seems to "help" to eat something. Sometimes I wonder what it is, in us, that makes us reach for food, instead of maybe alcohol? I do love hearing your support of us though!! your thoughts and prayers that you send are so wonderful. Yes I find change sooo very difficult, especially the thought of a new job.

Kathleen we were thrilled to hear how well your daughter is doing, adapting to the schedule of school, and the kudos to her commitment on the physical exercise that she does! and hearing that your son is doing what he needs to!! however I am sad to hear about the issues with your relationship just knowing that things aren't great, makes us sad for you, my friend! we hope so much, that things will get better somehow. . hugs to you!! and thank you for the vibes on finding a new job i admit my stomach gets all nervous thinking about it.

Panda we hope you are okay!! you are such a consistent poster usually.

Coop Hello and how are you??

Hello to SusanP, feel free to join regularly here if you wish!! I did buy a Happy Lamp a few years ago, yes I think they help also.

I will try to check in more often!! i know I keep saying that.

Last edited by VermontMom; 09-25-2018 at 06:30 AM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 03:14 PM   #36  

Holly thanks for your (always) kind words. yes, I have no clue why food was always my drug of choice. My mother's drug was and is alcohol. But dad's side of family is food. I wonder if the drug of choice is partially genetic for people. The trigger ATM is not financial. 'Nut said. you didn't say how you are doing. How is your job search going? Asking agan that loving spirit assist you in finding the puuuurfect winter job. I too have been wondering where panda is. Panda are you okay?

lisa and everyone I do hope you all are doing okay

All I an do ATM is try to not gain. This is not a time when I am able to lose. If I can maintain I will consider it a success. Those 4 lbs can be lost at some other time. Sending good thoughts to all <3

Last edited by flower123; 09-25-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:54 PM   #37  

Quote:

Lisa it makes sense what you say about having done PT. So you can handle more than the usual gym beginner. Water aerobics sounds great. Resistance and low impact. I admire your dedication.

Hope everyone is okay <3 Pat
I went to water aerobics last night. Today I am physically tired. Hopefully I can bounce back and go again tomorrow at 530 pm.
Old 09-28-2018, 02:09 AM   #38  

Quote:
I went to water aerobics last night. Today I am physically tired. Hopefully I can bounce back and go again tomorrow at 530 pm.
that really sounds great. But I bet its not easy with the resistance of the water. Easy on the knees though. Were you able to go again the following day?
Old 09-28-2018, 09:28 PM   #39  

Quote:
that really sounds great. But I bet its not easy with the resistance of the water. Easy on the knees though. Were you able to go again the following day?
I didn't go yesterday.

When I lose control during a move and land on one or more legs, the poor instructor stops.... There are just certain moves I can't do, due to pain. I'll adjust in time.
Old 09-28-2018, 10:27 PM   #40  

Quote:
I didn't go yesterday.

When I lose control during a move and land on one or more legs, the poor instructor stops.... There are just certain moves I can't do, due to pain. I'll adjust in time.
Lisa, I would guess that the instructor does not mind stopping if you lose control and land on your legs. Often instructors care more about helping people than their own agenda
Old 09-28-2018, 10:37 PM   #41  

everything is okay here. I went through a challenging time for about 10 days. But yesterday for some reason it seems to have lifted. Just have to be careful about what I see on TV. Just watched a hallmark channel movie
IDK if I wrote this before. I found low fat feta cheese that's GMO free. I have been thoroughly enjoying it. My body will only tolerate 2 oz per day. anything more than that results in inflammation. I honesty could eat it at every meal. 40 calories per oz.
I am loving the warmer days and nights here. I think my reprieve ends today. I know I will have to take in my basil pants Saturday night. Which means it will be in the 40s. I hope this will be a warmish winter.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:28 AM   #42  

Quote:
Lisa, I would guess that the instructor does not mind stopping if you lose control and land on your legs. Often instructors care more about helping people than their own agenda
She felt really bad. I tried to reassure her that I just needed to adjust.
Old 09-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #43  

I've been working really hard this evening on loosening up my neck. Headache headache headache.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:48 PM   #44  

Quote:
I've been working really hard this evening on loosening up my neck. Headache headache headache.
Sorry you have been in pain Lisa were you able to loosen up your neck? Has the headache pain subsided?
Old 10-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #45  

I suddenly realised I've not stopped by in the whole of September! I'm calling by to say I'm ok

We had a trip to New York, and I've been doing a fitness challenge for the rest of the month, and not much else to report! I hope to call by more often in October
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote