Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-01-2018, 11:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Default March Ups and Downs Fighting Depression Thread

New thread for March!

Hey everyone. Work is still crazy. I’ll have to work at some point this weekend too..

The scale dropped a bit.

We’re expecting a storm tomorrow. Hopefully clear for rest of the weekend.

I did another relaxing yoga class tonight; I think it’s helping.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 07:50 PM   #2  

I'm back. Missed you all.

I'm so tired, I'll post again very soon but did want to let you know I'm back online.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #3  

Welcome back Lisa
Old 03-03-2018, 12:19 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
Welcome back Lisa
Thanks panda. I had a long hard day. My knees hurt.

The govt took $400 out if my disability check, for medicare premiums, which royally screwed me. I'm not happy.

I have lost a total of 35 lbs, 10 last month. I'm down to 296.

How are you, panda girl? Keep up the good work with your yoga.

Holly, Kathleen, Monica, coop and anyone ive missed, including the newest to our small but mighty group, miss you all.

I wasn't able to get TV service on, thanks to uncle Sam taking my medicare premiums all at once. Did I mention I'm not happy?

My phone is back on and I get the internet on it so I'm happy.

Jennifer couldn't get a hold of me a couple of weeks ago, so she sent the Benton County sheriff out to find me. I think she's starting to miss being away from me. Miss her like crazy.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:24 PM   #5  

I'm so incredibly tired this evening. I think it's a culmination of the last few days. I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Night ladies.
Old 03-03-2018, 10:48 PM   #6  

Lisa I hope you were able to get some rest.

I took a nap today and it ended up being 4 hrs. Last Saturday similar (5 hrs).
I was so drowsy this afternoon but in the morning I made it to my double workout sessions- I had a cardio class and a barre class. Then I did some errands which I debated doing but I was already out and didn’t want to have to do them tomorrow. I did NOT feel like going to workout this am, but it would have cost a lot to late cancel, and I would have regretted not going since I am really trying to go on a regular basis now.
Friday I canceled ahead of time, since there was a big storm, but I assume that class probably got canceled entirely later. I saw a large downed tree on my street today. The storm was bad. Lots of places flooded or lost power.

I’m glad I live in the city. I feel if I had lost power it would have been resolved pretty quickly.
I can’t imagine living in PR, losing power for 5 months...

Anyway doing pretty good with my calories. I’ve been at 1200-1400 per day lately.
I’ve been thinking of trying for 1000-1200, but not sure. Maybe in a couple weeks. Or if i am at 1400 or 1500 some days, then other days during the week I’d aim for lower.

Tomorrow I have another double workout, then need to do several hrs of office work, then have yoga in the evening.

Hope everyone is enjoying March so far?

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 03-03-2018 at 10:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Hi all, I haven't been around lately, been dealing with my depression, I was diagnosed in 2012 with Major Depressive Disorder, anxiety, PTSD, panic attacks, Agoraphobia, OCD and Bi Polar 1 disorder, I weaned myself off my meds as I hate the way they make me feel, and I was gaining weight, I think, I have been finding other ways to cope and mange my depression and anxiety, I meditate, do yoga, and color, I also play MMORPGs a lot, I am slowly getting the weight off, I am not following a plan, I actually found something that works for me, cutting my sodium down to 1500-1800 mgs a day, and cut out a lot of sugar, and processed foods, I have learned to make my own taco seasoning and use the spices we have in the cabinet, I rarely reach for the salt, there are some days when I just want to give up and some days it's great, I am sorry that you are all struggling with depression and such. big hugs to you all.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:51 PM   #8  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile

PandaCupcake: Thanks for starting the March thread! It sounds like you are doing great with your yoga and other workouts. Way to go! Keep up the good work!

to pinkpuma14, DiveChick, and TracyB73!!! We are happy to have you here! Please keep posting.

pinkpuma14: The dog in your profile pic is adorable!!! I am a serious dog lover!

Coop: It is SO wonderful to hear from you! It sounds like you have been incredibly busy! Hope things settle down for you soon.

Lisa: You are doing great with your weight loss!!! Welcome to the 200's! Scary that you had to go to the ER! I hope your sinus infection and the pressure on your ears have cleared up. Let us know when you get the results of your bloodwork, please.

Holly: Wow, the sale of the RB's place, if it goes as scheduled, is coming right up in mid-March! Please keep us posted! When does your summer job start? Hope all goes well with the new chef there and that he remembers that YOU were there first... for a long time!!!

Monica: It is always good to hear from you. I hope you can get going with your remodeling projects soon! Please keep us updated on the progress.

Jessica: How is your new job? Hope things are going well for you there!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:01 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 385/339/140

Height: 5ft 7

Thank you I Believe In Me. ! Good to be back.
TracyB73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 10:41 PM   #10  

Kathleen,

My glucose level went down 2 points. It's in the 5s now. Trudy was very happy. (My nurse practitioner)
Old 03-05-2018, 09:30 AM   #11  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

welcome back to TracyB!

Lisa congrats on getting your number down! !

Kathleen so good to hear from you I'm not sure of the exact date when I go back to the summer job but it's usually the second week of May, so a while yet. Yeah supposedly the sale of the RB's store is still progressing though it seems to be dragging on and we're all sick of people asking us about it because we know nothing ourselves tell us how you are doing! please
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:12 PM   #12  

Hi everyone! Glad to read the updates.
I had a double workout on Saturday and a double workout on Sunday and guess what- the scale jumped up nearly 4 lbs. I know I didn’t eat extra 13,300 calories in last few days, so it’s just water or whatever but I really dislike seeing the number go up. I am contemplating not weighing myself every day, but weighing once a week could be just as bad, so not sure how best to handle this.

For now I just plan to try to not be discouraged and keep on plan.
If it is still up next three days I will update my weight on my statistics.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 03-05-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:17 AM   #13  

The scale went up AGAIN.
I am up 4.6 lbs in three days.
And my sleeves feel snug.
I’m not happy.
Plus I worked late so went to bed at 3:30am.
And I had to skip my french class.
And i have to do a presentation this afternoon and a different one this evening and prep for the Thursday one.

I’m just disappointed and cranky today.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #14  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

PandaCupcake I think I would be cranky also! booo to the number but KNOW that you are still progressing, try to ignore the number if you can and continue on your great progress

Hi to everyone else, hope no one is being badly affected by the storm, Monica?

Yesterday I made the decision to cancel my moto meeting tonight because the forecast was for heavy snow, it still hasn't even started here yet , but no one gave me flak when I sent out the email last night, so I am enjoying our evening without having to do the 65 mile round trip.

But the snow will arrive and tomorrow will be spent shoveling. So glad I have the day off.

Ski races this weekend, so it will be busy at work.

Even the co-worker who I thought I liked, is irritating me now because she talks all the time too, and only about things like being on a diet, what to eat, what not to eat, and now I see her doing things like walking away from customers when they need help, and being kinda rude to them (even before they deserve it ) I guess I just need my Spring break from this place!! which will happen hopefully in 5 weeks.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 09:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/270/130

Height: 5'3"

Thumbs up

Hey guys, I'm new here. I struggle with depression, anxiety, and panic attacks, and have trouble controlling emotions. All of these have made an impact on my ability to lose weight. I slowly gained about 140 pounds from binge eating and lack of exercise. Today I made a big step, I had an appointment with a psych APRN and she prescribed some meds to help with depression, anxiety and binge eating. She prescribed Prozac, anyone tried this before? She claims it can help with binge eating along with controlling my anxiety and depression. I really hope this helps me along with therapy I am about to start. I'm feeling hopeful.
Amanda133 is offline   Reply With Quote