Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-16-2018, 09:33 AM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

PandaCupcake...you are doing FINE and you didn't ask for opinions, but I HAVE to comment that the "bf" comments are effing crappy and you don't need to have anyone 'close' to you tell you that!!!

It is a shame to see the numbers on the scale go up after you have done some exercise but it WILL level out..or even if it doesn't, a pound of muscle takes up SO MUCH LESS SPACE than a pound of fat. And you are making your body healthier if you work out

HI to every one else Lisa sorry to see that maybe you are a bit down, we love you and hope you are OK!!

I have been shoveling snow for days and I am sick of it, but am glad of the weighted cardio workout it gives. and it makes me feel strong and self -sufficient. But I still hate snow

today is my "Monday" back to work and my idiot boss and idiot co-worker. Oh well
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 01:28 PM   #32  

S/C/G: SW:142/127.8/120

Height: 5’ 4”

Hello everyone,

Glad to see Lisa was able to pop in.
Thanks Holly. I am in better spirits today.

I have a double workout Sat and a double workout on Sunday.
I was originally also supposed to go today after work but not sure fridays every week is a great idea- i have to jet out of work early and do I really need three workout days in a row..
So maybe i will add fridays if my schedule permits or if i miss some other scheduled session i can’t attend.

Usually lately fridays my brain is fried from the work week and i need to just breathe.
Plus i have office work to do which is due monday am..

But i have Sat, Sun, and then fitness classes again on Tue, Wed.
On some of the alternate days maybe i should just walk or something near my home.

It’s only afternoon but I’m doing really well so far with my meals.
I had a protein drink and salmon.
PandaCupcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaCupcake View Post
I haven’t been doing so great.
After I exercise, the scale goes up.
It eventually goes back down but I hate seeing the number going up.

I’ve been tracking my calories, protein, and carbs and could definitely do better. Some days i am at 1500-1600 and should aim for 1000-1200.

Work is better than last week.

My “bf” said he would love to see me this weekend but now that it’s nearly the weekend i asked tonight what his weekend looks like and he said busy but “maybe” brunch Sunday.
Then he later texted to dump me again and then said that i am fat and have a fat a** and was just generally saying i am too fat now. I can’t write exactly what he texted but it was very direct and mean.

So that’s a big wake up call as he’s the second guy to tell me i am fat But the other guy wasn’t as mean about it. The other guy acknowledged in an indirect way that i am fat, and i had asked him first. The bf wasn’t asked and I think already knows i have been trying to lose wt so there wasn’t a reason for him to say everything he just texted me now.

And yes of course i also meant ‘wake-up call’ as in my “bf” is a jerk that abandons me every month and now this.

I just feel very alone. My best friend moved out of state a few months back, and I can’t deal with most ppl right now.. so i wish my bf and i could be back to how we used to be when things were better, but it isn’t seeming like it would.
I know you didn't ask me either but what your bf said was shitty and totally uncalled for. There are no excuses for it, period. End of story.

If you want to lose weight then do it for yourself, NOT for someone else. I would have told them both to **** off.

Do this for you.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 04:46 PM   #34  

Sasha ( young kitty) has been SOOOO bad today. First, she finds a way to get under my mobile home from inside my mobile home.

Secondly, she runs across the kitchen counter and spills a whole can of condensed milk.

I think im going to take a nap. Geez Louise, nervous breakdown here.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 03-16-2018 at 04:48 PM.
Old 03-16-2018, 08:34 PM   #35  

Hi everyone, I'm new here.

Not sure how much I currently weigh, I don't have a scale at home. I should try to find out, but am scared.

BPD (Borderline, to make it clear), chronic depression, PTSD, OCD, social anxiety, are issues that I struggle with and that contribute to my weight gain. Trying to be good about it, and to lose the weight I gained...
montrealgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 10:13 PM   #36  

Welcome, Montrealgal
Old 03-16-2018, 11:28 PM   #37  

Welcome,Montrealgal.Sounds like you are dealing with a lot! Congrats.on starting the weight loss.

Some people do not use a scale. Especially at first. So if you dread a weigh in, then maybe you can wait until you feel you have lost some. That's what I did when I was more than 200 lbs. I waited a bit. Then got on the scale.
flower123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 12:53 AM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower123 View Post
Welcome,Montrealgal.Sounds like you are dealing with a lot! Congrats.on starting the weight loss.

Some people do not use a scale. Especially at first. So if you dread a weigh in, then maybe you can wait until you feel you have lost some. That's what I did when I was more than 200 lbs. I waited a bit. Then got on the scale.
Thank you.

There is a dress I haven't worn since beginning of Fall 2016 semester at uni, and it got to a point where it didn't go in at all, so I'm using that dress at the moment to gage things. A week ago the dress went in but REALLY tight in the tummy and arms, and it looked like I was pregnant. A week later (tonight) it's a tad less tight on tummy (but the same on the arms), and I look just fat and not pregnant, so my stomach isn't so round anymore - very likely water retention a week ago.

Last edited by montrealgal; 03-17-2018 at 12:53 AM.
montrealgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2018, 06:34 PM   #39  

Hi ladies,

The only time I weigh is at Drs appointments. My next one, on the 31st, I think, will probably not be a good one. Food bank food is usually pasta, bread, and sweets. Ive kinda had to eat what they gave me but I am grateful. Grateful to have food.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:24 AM   #40  

Not much to post really.

Ive got PT tomorrow at 1 pm. I like going at 1 or 2. It gives me time to drink water. It gives me time to loosen up and move around. I'm too old for 8:30 am, anymore.

I'll be so glad when this month is over.
Hopefully, you all are having a better month than I am.
Old 03-19-2018, 09:29 AM   #41  
Biker Chick!

to montrrealgal! please visit often and talk as much or as little as you need

Lisa, hope you're all loosened up for your PT today I am very sorry that you are having a crummy month!! wishing you all good things

wishing all good things to ALL of you!

it's sunny here but 4 degrees !!! but I would rather have cold than active snow.

When I'm driving to work, and dreading whatever fresh h3ll awaits me there I think of my summer job and get much happier
Old 03-19-2018, 10:21 AM   #42  

Hi Everyone

Lisa, I hope your PT appointment went well. I hate early mornings as well. I was up til 1:30am working and hit snooze about 3 times this am on my alarm.

I’m doing ok. The (bf-ex-whatever he is now) texted me last night while I was working to tell me he was headed to the ER- but four minutes later said he wasn’t and was ok. He often sends me panicking messages.
It really doesn’t help my anxiety.

I made it to my double workouts on Sat and Sunday, and have been doing well with meals. Months ago my local grocery store closed and everything was 50% off and I stocked up on many cans of salmon. So lately I have been eating that for protein.

The scale tells me I am losing fat. I do worry when losing weight because of course I want to see the lbs drop but I really don’t want to lose muscle. My scale shows estimate percentage for fat and water so I am glad the fat percentage is going down as well as the lbs.

We may get another storm this week or maybe just a bit of snow and wind. If it isn’t too bad I would like to avoid canceling any workout classes.

This weekend I am visiting family and cannot break my weight loss plans! I will have to just pretend to eat or just decline/ no thank you. I am not going for lunch or dinner; it was just to visit, so ppl shouldn’t assume I will eat there, and I will not cave because if I eat just to try to not offend people or make someone uncomfortable, I will end up being so angry.

I see the sunshine through my window and looking forward to spring.

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 03-19-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 02:53 AM   #43  

montrrealgal, Hi and welcome to the 3FC!
DorotheaW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 10:41 AM   #44  

The “bf” texted me to dump me, again.
If he wasn’t suffering with health issues I would consider blocking him. Because of his issues, I feel I have to reply to him in some cases.. But I’m not going to reach out to check in on him.

My weight has been up 0.8 past two days, so the lower earlier wt was a fluke or I’m just up now on muscle repair water or whatever.. I was thinking that what’s frustrating about this is if I lost 20 lbs, seeing the scale go up and down by 2-3 lbs wouldn’t be as bad but if I lose 5-7 lbs and the numbers fluctuate by 2-3lbs it makes me feel like I’m back to starting weight.

Work has been busy plus we’re getting a storm so I did have to cancel some scheduled fitness classes.
If I am not overloaded with work during a storm, I should try some in home exercises.

Wishing everyone a good day

Last edited by PandaCupcake; 03-21-2018 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-21-2018, 04:16 PM   #45  
Biker Chick!

Hi friends

PandaCupcake, I'm sorry you're in the path of yet another storm! we very luckily are not going to be affected by it. Hopefully, if you can't get out, you can find something at home to do, for your workout.

I would sure want to block the ex bf's texts at this point! how can you tell what is reality from him?

also I hear you on hoping to not get flak from people this weekend, on what you chose to eat or not eat. Some people have such a hard time accepting what we say we want to do!

I am having a wonderful lazy day off I did get the recycling and garbage bins up to the top of the driveway ahead of time this morning, and did an extra long workout (15 minutes of Leslie Sansone and then 30 minutes of Gilad toning, he's a tough son of a gun ) right after that in the morning and have been lazing about ever since

HI and hope to hear from some of you