Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-01-2017, 06:46 AM   #1  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Default December 2107 Ups and Downs Support Thread

to our supportive thread!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 06:53 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen so good to hear from you and yes that is super frustrating when you take the time to do a long post and it disappears. We know it seems to happen alot lately!

I haven't heard from JessikaB and I checked the board, the last time she posted was when she had to pick a new name here, and it was like the DAY before the hurricane!

Lisa , the chicken you cooked last night didn't smell good? or was it because you weren't feeling good? I hope you feel better today!!

Hi Coop! Hi Monica! Hi CinnamonHearts!

and Hi to anyone else who has posted here but I am still not awake yet

I see a dusting of the white crap outside, oh well it is December and I gotta get used to it.

I started my meringue mushroom production on my days off, I won't be selling these like last year, I made about 12 gift baskets of them last night to sell at our Fire Dept. Aux. sale tomorrow.

I am doing super good with exercising so-so with eating. Especially scary that the cookie and pastry season is on now

have a great day if you can!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171130_101553.jpg (22.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20171130_101446.jpg (28.8 KB, 8 views)
Old 12-04-2017, 03:20 AM   #3  

Thank you, Holly, for starting a new thread. At least, we didn't go 15 days over, like last month. lol

Holly, I got ill just smelling the chicken. It was ok, came right from the freezer. I didn't vomit but I was incredibly sick.

I haven't been eating very good the past few days. I need to get back on track. I am so sick of chicken and turkey. bleh

I'm going to try to put up my tree tomorrow.

I'll post again soon.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-04-2017 at 03:21 AM.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:50 AM   #4  
Biker Chick!

Hi friends

Lisa it is hard to stick to just a few major foods isn't it.

sunny here! but cold, 16 degrees.

Had a slow day at work on Saturday, then a busy rush yesterday a reminder of what is to come.

a foodservice rep asked if I could use a 25 pound bag of flour, I said sure! he then said I had to take the other stuff he had that he didn't know what to do with. a 10 pound bag of french lentils, a ten pound case of quinoa, a gallon jug of hot sauce ...well I am going to take it to the food shelf this morning and hope they can portion it out.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:39 AM   #5  
Biker Chick!

Hi everyone

I did take those items to the food shelf yesterday and they said thanks.

I admit I am getting anxious about the impending sale of the RB's place, because we have NO idea what the new owners are going to do. Keep same employees? bring in their own? change it completely? tear it down?? we just don't know. I am a person who thrives on routine and certainty and that's why I'm anxious.

Also thinking w-a-y ahead to next spring, at the summer job, where there will be a new hotshot chef and his assistant, are they gonna give me any respect? yes they should as I've been there 17 seasons! I guess I am thinking about trouble when there is so far nothing to worry about

but I am ALWAYS counting my blessings (and what I've accomplished with hard work) and am mainly positive
Old 12-05-2017, 05:17 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi friends

Lisa it is hard to stick to just a few major foods isn't it.

sunny here! but cold, 16 degrees.

Had a slow day at work on Saturday, then a busy rush yesterday a reminder of what is to come.

a foodservice rep asked if I could use a 25 pound bag of flour, I said sure! he then said I had to take the other stuff he had that he didn't know what to do with. a 10 pound bag of french lentils, a ten pound case of quinoa, a gallon jug of hot sauce ...well I am going to take it to the food shelf this morning and hope they can portion it out.
Oh holly, it really is. I need a low carb cook book so bad. I can't look at chicken or turkey anymore. Srsly.

The more I eat, the better I feel. I just have to stick to the low carb thing.

I've been eating some candy. I know its got the sugar but I crave good tasting stuff on my pallete. I actually make noise when I have a few pieces of candy.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Hi everyone

I did take those items to the food shelf yesterday and they said thanks.

I admit I am getting anxious about the impending sale of the RB's place, because we have NO idea what the new owners are going to do. Keep same employees? bring in their own? change it completely? tear it down?? we just don't know. I am a person who thrives on routine and certainty and that's why I'm anxious.

Also thinking w-a-y ahead to next spring, at the summer job, where there will be a new hotshot chef and his assistant, are they gonna give me any respect? yes they should as I've been there 17 seasons! I guess I am thinking about trouble when there is so far nothing to worry about

but I am ALWAYS counting my blessings (and what I've accomplished with hard work) and am mainly positive
I am so glad you are able to give those items away. This is such a bad time of year for people.

I like routine too, holly. That is why I like to work part time. I can't wait to shed this weight so that I can physically work. I dream of going into clothing retail, part time.

I hope your work situation settles down soon. Being anxious is totally normal, just don't let it over take you. Counting your blessings is the best.

Last edited by lisaloveshearts; 12-05-2017 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:21 PM   #8  

Kathleen thanks for the new thread it's so frustrating when you keep losing posts. The site really needs to work on it. We haven't heard from Jessica at all since the hurricane. I did keep an eye out for any Jessica's on the victim lists, but didn't see anyone with that name, which is something. I'm still pretty worried.

Holly I totally understand why you're anxious about the sale, I would be too. I reckon you'll be safe though - they'll want people that locals will recognise & who know how things operate.

I hope you got everything sorted ok with your brother's place! And well done for keeping up with the exercise

Lisa your period sounded just awful! I hope it's finished now!

I don't know how you're managing to eat chicken/turkey constantly, I'd get bored too! Can you try flavouring it up with some lemon slices or orange? Spices and herbs have next to no calories, but add a lot of flavour. And sweet potatoes make good wedges with low calories too, if you're allowed them.
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 05:29 PM   #9  

I can't remember if I mentioned, but I found out I have something called Hashimotos, which means I'll probably end up with an underactive thyroid in the future. It's been worth seeing the nutritionist, because she caught it early & I'll be able to delay the thyroid problems if I follow a good diet.

She wanted me to do a liver detox this month, with no alcohol, dairy, sugar or processed food I'm delaying til January - I can't imagine a Christmas without some cheese & crackers

It's also caused Vitamin D and B12 deficiency, so I've been taking a strong supplement for the last week, and am starting to feel less emotional, and have a bit more energy. I hope it continues!
Old 12-07-2017, 08:17 PM   #10  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaloveshearts View Post
I actually make noise when I have a few pieces of candy.
This made me smile Like 'yummy noises' noise? totally understandable when it tastes so good!

Coop - well I guess one should be glad the Hashimoto's was caught relatively early glad to hear the supplements are making you feel better.

Yes my brother's apartment is all taken care of. There was actually a refund owed to him, and the rental agency wanted to send it to us, but in the name of my brother's estate, they couldn't make the check out to my sister or me. My brother did not have any property or assets so we didn't need to go through the bother and expense of Probate, so we donated the $560 back to the agency. It wasn't as if it was money out of our pockets.

I have a bunch of Christmas cookies to make, but just don't feel like it. I am really really afraid that I'm gonna regret being off the Wellbutrin, i think it was my safety net!!
Old 12-08-2017, 12:48 AM   #11  

I am struggling here, I need $300 or I am going to get evicted. I honestly don't know what I am going to do.
Old 12-08-2017, 08:36 AM   #12  
Biker Chick!

Lisa that is scary news I am thinking of you!!!!
Old 12-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #13  

Lisa sorry you're having money problems, I really hope you can work something out!
Old 12-09-2017, 06:26 PM   #14  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm gonna post to each of you separately, so that I don't take up so much time and lose my post. I think that sometimes I take so long on my posts that it "times out" by the time I go to hit submit.

Holly: Did your brother die? I am totally lost about his situation. I read something briefly back at the end of October, but I don't know what's going on. I thought he was going into a group home or something, but now it sounds like he might have died. I hope everything is okay! Prayers and hugs to you, him, and your family.

So is it a done deal that the r@t b@st@rd is selling the winter job place? I am so very happy to hear that you won't have to deal with him any longer, if so. But I'm sorry that you have to deal with the anxiety and uncertainty of new owners. They can't be worse than him, it seems. I can really relate to thriving on routine. I hate change! Wishing the very best for you! I am hopeful that it will all work out! Try to think positive, which it sounds like you are since you are counting your blessings. Good for you!

That is great that you are rockin' the exercise!!! Keep up the good work! You inspire me!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 06:36 PM   #15  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Lisa: Oh, no! I sure hope you can somehow come up with the $300, so that you don't get evicted!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and sending big hugs!

It sounds like you are on a low carb eating program. I wish you success with that. What about eating hamburgers, hot dogs, sausages, and pork chops as alternatives to chicken and turkey for a change? Of course, there is always steak, too, but it's expensive. Just a few suggestions. Are you eating lots of veggies with your protein, too? Are you allowed to have cheese for a snack? I used to always snack on those little turkey pepperoni slices and mozzarella cheese sticks when I was eating low carb. Oh, and I would get ham and turkey lunch meat and mozzarella sliced from the deli and make "wraps" with the turkey or the ham wrapped in the cheese slices. It was delicious and easy and quick!

IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote