Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 11-25-2017, 08:17 AM   #1  

Default Lost

Hi I'm reaching out as I feel I have lost all hope. I've been battling depression and anxiety since I was 16 (I'm now 29). I'm the heaviest I have ever been. I've recently come off lexapro for the second time. I seem to loose a decent amount of weight then gain it all back and then some. I attend the gym quite a bit but I have a very difficult family situation so I'm trying to lose the weight alone and without a close knit support network. I feel very isolated at the moment and am not sure I can do it on my own
eliza.mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 08:37 AM   #2  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I am sorry I didn't see this sooner, because you do sound in need of support! Does your physician realize how low you are? I would hope that maybe a change of meds? in the meantime, you can come here to this forum to vent or pour out your thoughts. You are not alone!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 08:43 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 175/136.0/115

Height: 5'1"

Seconding VermontMom, it's not the same as in person support, but we're here to support you! You are definitely not alone. And I'll second the doctor/nutritionist recommendation too... meds do funny things and I'm not remotely qualified to give advice there.
Princessroja is offline   Reply With Quote