Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 08-28-2017, 08:30 PM   #31  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunty Jam View Post
Hey all. How's things? I'm going to try be back. I don't really know where to start... or where to go after that. Weight is up. Mood is down. I can't let go of Chase. my husband had a heart attack on May 28th, now he has a really good excuse not to work. I was close to ending it before that. That's partly what triggered it. Now I've "saved his life" and he's all lovey dovey. He's not cleared by the doctors to work yet but he's says he's still looking. If he actually gets a job and then has an accident or another heart attack at work all insurance would be null and void. Isn't that nice. He wants a job now because we have a foster dog that he wants to keep and I told him we can't afford her. She's a beautiful grey and white pit bull and I love her dearly. He says the day after he gets a job we're signing the adoption papers. He says she's not the only reason but you have to wonder why he's suddenly so eager... supporting himself and us wasn't enough motivation? Who knows. I'm almost done. I want to run so bad but I can't get my fat arse off the couch.
Aunty Jam it's always good to see you but not good because it means things are bad what a crummy situation with the husband I'm sorry that you can't afford the beautiful new foster dog hugs to you!!
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:32 PM   #32  
Biker Chick!

Hey JBeth! congrats on passing the licensure exam with flying colors ! and yay for your great Bahamas vacay. Good to see you here and here is some of that magical dust
Old 08-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #33  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahashake View Post
I hope I'm posting the right place, I'm new to this site. I'm bipolar 1 w/ schizoaffective disorder. I am on disability and can not work so I have a lot of down time. I have taken meds for going on 25 years now and they've all caused weight gain, but I've been on the same meds for a few years now and they've been working great and my weight has actually been at a good place with some effort on my part. My problem is on June 5 my husband started a 12hr 3rd shift job which has left me alone for what seems likes days at time once you factor in his time to recoup and sleep. Any of you with bipolar knows what happens when your routine changes...I've been thrown into a depressed tailspin. I know it sounds so dramatic, but in all sincerity, my world has completely changed and I'm not handling it well. Through no fault of my husband I now feel "tied" to the house and I haven't gone to the gym since June 10! I used to go every day. Now I'm just stuck and feeling weighed down...figuratively and literally. I find myself eating at night when he's gone even though I'm not the least bit hungry...I just feel hollow. I'm even snacking during the day, something I haven't done in a very long time. I just don't know what to do. I've had all of this stuff under control for such a long time and now it's just going sideways. I've gained 9.7lbs since June 23...yep, I weigh myself every single day😐 Anyway, I googled weight loss support groups today and came upon this great site. What do you guys do when you suddenly find yourself "out of control" of your situation? I know curling up under a blanket with a brownie isn't helping me🤢 Thanks for allowing me to post😊
Welcome to our little group and please come often, it does help I think to talk things out. Your routine sure was thrown for a loop with the husband's new job, that can sure be a huge thing. hope things get better for you soon!!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:36 PM   #34  
Biker Chick!

Lisa - congrats on the new-to-you car! How are you doing??
Old 08-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #35  
Biker Chick!

Kathleen - I was happy to read that you enjoyed every minute of your summer with your kids!! long weekends at the lake and just enjoying having them around sorry it had to come to an end, like all good things!! congrats to your daughter's position, and hope your son is doing okay! Hey I haven't worked out since...May?? so you and me need to get back on that wagon right
Old 08-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #36  
Biker Chick!

and hello to everyone else!! you see I am scared of typing out a long post addressing everyone and then losing it so I did the shorties.

Still trying to grasp, embrace, and make every second of summer my own!! Especially that our weather has finally improved...yeah..in late August but we've been having a L-O-N-G stretch of dry days for the first time all summer. So it does mean I spend almost an hour watering my plants but that is my labor of love.

My flowers are looking soooo pretty and lush, in the morning I sit on the deck with coffee and just look at them and tell them how beautiful they are Then maybe pick some fresh edible flowers and some mint to bring to work, strap them to the motorcycle and head out I do have a jerk co-worker in the kitchen this year; plus the woman who is the front-of-the-house manager is SO negative ... but I just need to not let them bother me nor get in my way of loving my job And I usually succeed

I have't gotten below 148 yet..I definitely am struggling with hunger. I am tempted to go back to the doctor for a refill on the phentermine he gave me in June..I know I'm supposed to have my b.p. monitored when taking them but I was fine before..just don't want to have to pay the doctor's visit fee for a month of pills

My husband is continuing to do really, really well watching his diet and taking care of his diabeties diagnosis. He is cooking small portions for us, and oh my god I miss his big meals (that made me gain weight!!) And we have NOTHING in the house to snack on!! my only 'treat' is whole wheat bread toast with peanut butter and I only allow myself to have a half piece of toast! and not every night either. And Yes it is exTREMEly hard for me to resist the temptations I make at work during the day, and the staff meals . Doing my best!!

take care everyone and come and say hey!
Old 08-29-2017, 03:47 PM   #37  

Ahashake - welcome! I hope you're getting on ok! Frustrating to be tied to the home and to have gained the weight, I hope you can find some ways to make things easier. Are you capable of doing some home exercises at all?

Jessica it's good to hear from you! I have it in my head you live in Texas - I hope I'm wrong, but if so I hope you're not too badly affected just now.

AuntyJam I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's heart attack! You sound like you're having a really tough time just now, I hope things look brighter soon
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 03:56 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by VermontMom View Post
Lisa - congrats on the new-to-you car! How are you doing??

Hi holly,

I'm doing ok. Jennifer is in Dublin, Ireland and has some issues. She called me sobbing, last night. I talked her down and when we hung up, she was better. Made me feel good that when it all comes down to it, call mom. I am soooo glad she knows that. She flys home on Saturday.

My car is good. I really like it. It's an older Element but only has 119,000 miles on it. This one isn't mine, but is identical.

I've set moving day, the 13th of Sept. I'll be here for a week or 2 after, but 99.9% of my things will be put in storage on the 13th.

I'm still waiting to hear on an apartment. I pray, I get it.

I'm going to pull out a box or 2 tonight and go through them. I don't have to go through all my boxes, before I leave. I just want to make sure I get the majority of Jennifer's pictures.
lisaloveshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 04:02 PM   #39  

Welcome back, Jessica (is this the right spelling?)!!!!!!

Welcome back Aunty Jam!!!!!! We are so glad to see you.

Welcome to all the new posters!!!!!
Old 08-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #40  

Hi purefire welcome/welcome back! Well done for losing so much weight since January, that's amazing! I hope things get easier for you.

Lisa how are you getting on? Not long til your move now, you must have so much to organise! Is Jennifer in Europe yet?

Kathleen schools there start back really early! I hope your son is settling in ok, and your daughter is still getting lots of time on the ice. It's really hard to fit in exercise, but you sound like you're doing alright. I always struggle with the "stop when full" rule, I hate leaving food on my plate - well done for having the will power!

Holly fantastic that you guys are mortgage free and that you've been keeping the weight off! Any chance you could see a nurse to get your BP checked instead? Our Dr let's the nurse do that sort of stuff, and it would be cheaper! So glad the weather has picked up, and you're getting out in your bike
Old 08-29-2017, 04:20 PM   #41  

I'm nearly done with my 30 days diet challenge - I'm looking forward to the end! It's not been too bad, but I'm missing rice and sauces. When I read blogs about the diet, they all lost 15lbs, but I've only lost 6lbs. It feels like a lot of effort for a poor return

We've been doing alright otherwise, I really need to get out more so I have more news for you all! I've been a hermit this last month though.
Old 08-30-2017, 01:08 AM   #42  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Exclamation Jessica

Jessica: I hope and pray that you are safe in Texas! Please post when you get a chance and let us know that (hopefully) you are safe! Thinking of you and everyone affected by the hurricane in Texas... including the pets/animals!

Sending a big hello to everyone else!

to the new and returning posters. We are happy to have you here!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:30 PM   #43  

Hi kathleen,

It's great to see you. How is your son? Did you get some good pictures on your vacay?

We missed you while you were gone.

Jessica, I do hope you are all right. Check in when you can.
Old 08-31-2017, 06:23 AM   #44  
Biker Chick!

Coop - congrats on *almost* being done with the 30 day diet challenge, I also would have wanted to see more of a loss for that long a time BUT maybe the others who had the big losses, had alot more to lose than you and this was completely g/f? Big challenge! LOL at being a hermit sometimes one just doesn't want to get out much

Lisa - those Elements are nice cars! I hope you do hear back about the apartment and that it's yours . Sorry to hear your daughter was so upset but yeah, she called Mom and you made her feel better

YES we are praying for Jessica!! I just checked her profile and thought she had a city but it just says Texas .

Last edited by VermontMom; 08-31-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 08-31-2017, 03:55 PM   #45  

holly I wish the blogger's weighed more than me! But it's just my bad luck... If I remember right, Jessica was 45 minutes from Houston, so I'm worried. I'm sure everything is fine and they just haven't got time to be online (and I could be completely wrong about location too).

lisa that's really sweet that Jennifer called you for support I hope things weren't too bad for her trip, and it was just little things that upset her. Safe flight home!

The new car looks really good! I love the shade of green!