Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-01-2016, 12:34 PM   #1  
full of thanks

Default Ups and Downs Support Group Jan. 2016

Welcome to 2016!!!

This is a safe place for you to vent about the ups and downs in your life. We are a tight group who really care about each other. Please join us, we welcome new members.

Tell us about your mental health problems or simply your life problems. We are here to support you in every way.

Much love to you all and post away.
Lisaluvshearts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 03:29 PM   #2  

Thanks for the new thread Lisa! Hope you have had a good start to the new year
Coop27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #3  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Yes thank you Lisa for the new thread for a new month and a new year!!

Nothing much new here, work is very busy with skiers, still haven't received the yearly holiday bonus from the winter boss, and my Wellbutrin is almost run out Despite all that, I feel pretty good

I have a big event coming up next Saturday, our motorcycle organization raffles off a $12,000 Harley Davidson motorcycle, there is a dinner catered by Texas Roadhouse, the raffle (someone wins the motorcycle right there!!) and a dance. As Prez, I emcee the raffle and I HATE it but I have to do it...I've got through it the first time last year and I guess I can do it again

have a good night. I just had my supper at 8 pm, am checking emails, then gonna climb into bed with my Kindlefire and watch a movie
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Holly, I am sure you will do another great job at the big event. That is quite a raffle prize!

Lisa, I hope you are feeling better and will check in soon.

Kathleen, I miss hearing from you, and hope everything is okay.

Has anyone heard from Fi?

Nothing new here, either.

Today is the last day of my first week of the sugar detox. They suggest you take a week or two to become aware of the amount of sugar you eat, and to finish any fruit and food items with sugar substitute, including diet soda, before moving on. I think I am ready for the next phase, which seems similar to the beginning of South Beach. For the next five or six weeks it will be lean meat, eggs, cheeses, vegetables, brown rice, oatmeal and nuts. After that, I can introduce two fruits a day - they suggest blueberries and grapefruit to start. I am really hoping this works to stop my sugar cravings - I have gained seven pounds between Halloween and Christmas, while upping my exercise! This was all due to the crazy chocolate binge I went on.

I have my annual physical in February, and I do not want to be heavier than last year, when the doctor told me I was doing great, but should try to lose ten more pounds.........

Last edited by EasySpirit; 01-02-2016 at 08:24 AM.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 07:18 PM   #5  
full of thanks

Hi there,

I just wanted to check in and say hi.

I am watching the Denver game. Peyton is back in the game.

I watched the movie "Spy" today. It was ok, not great but ok. I also watched Terminatior: Genisys. I LOVE the Terminator movies, this one was extremely confusing. The story line was not that great.

I dread going to work in the morning, I have to get up at 5 am. This weekend just went so fast. I hate that.

Have a great evening.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:53 PM   #6  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hello!

EasySpirit, congrats on doing so well!! that is super I hope you continue your stick-to-it-ness onto the next phase! Hey, why do doctors do that?? "Oh you have done great! but try to lose some more"

Hi Lisa!! Hope the team you are rooting for, wins the current game I have not seen all the Terminator movies but T-2 is one my favorite movies ever! (not just in the Terminator genre) Of course I want to be able to ride a motorcycle one handed and do that revolving cocking of the shotgun that Arnie does And I want biceps like Linda Hamilton had when she is doing her pull ups

sorry to hear you have to get up at 5 a.m. tomorrow, ugh!! That is really hard in the winter when it is cold and dark.

Oh hey my winter boss did give me my Christmas bonus and it was unexpectedly generous!!! wow I can not figure that man out. He is so super cheap in some ways and then very generous in others. Oh well I will just be grateful!

have a good night friends. Oh yes, we miss Kathleen! and all our 'old' regulars.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #7  

Good news on the Bonus vermontmom!

Hope yhe 5am start isn't too bad lisa.

I start back at work on Wednesday after a couple of weeks off. It feels like I've been off for months, and at the same time, I'm not ready to go back....
Old 01-04-2016, 06:26 PM   #8  
full of thanks

Hello,

I just wanted to check in.

I chipped one of my back teeth yesterday. It doesn't hurt but it's jagged and bothers my tongue, keeps scraping it. I guess I will have to have it taken care of soon.

i'm watching Terminator Salvation. It's not as good as the original Terminator movies but it is still worth another watch. I'm sure there is nothing else on.

I hope you all are well.

Way to go on your bonus, Holly.
coop, I'm sorry you are dreading going back to work but totally understand.

I had a terrible morning with my client this morning. He is slower than molasses and I had to get him moving this morning. He got mad. Let's hope he is better tomorrow.

Jennifer is coming home tonight. She doesn't get off until 7 pm so won't be home until 8.

I should do some laundry tonight.

That's about it for now, have a great evening.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 01-04-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 07:23 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/133/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello,

Holly, congratulations on the bonus. That mean, miserable boss is really tough to figure out!

I think doctors always want you to have a goal. I think if I was a perfect weight mine would tell me to add more exercise or work on eating fruits and veggies or something. I really like my doctor; she is a young, no-nonsense DO.

Lisa, you might want to have that tooth taken care of before it starts to hurt. If it continues to chip away, it might expose a nerve. I hope you have ironed things out with Jennifer so you can both get back to your normal, loving relationship.

Today is Day 10 of no sugar - this is really tough. Last night I ate way too many almonds and pistachos.

Take care, my friends.
EasySpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:23 PM   #10  
Wendy II

S/C/G: 206/201/160

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Well hello people! I was drawn in by the kind words posted by Lisaluvshearts at the beginning of this thread. I battle depression and anxiety and have a roller coaster of a life, and on top of it my friends have all moved away in the past 3 years or so. There's no on local to talk to. No one that really understands. Just my bowl of ice cream at night to talk to really.

I have a great husband, however he's never dealt with depression or anxiety of any kind - so it's tough for him to even know what to say sometimes.

ANYWAY! I need to change some eating habits. I was a member of this website many years ago with LA Weightloss was still around. I lost 50 lbs. I've gained it all back.. slowly... but it's there again. I don't really have any direction yet.. so I'm looking for suggestions as well. I can't really exercise beyond light yoga due to asthma and a knee injury.. so it's gotta be a change in diet if I want to get healthy again.

So.. I'd better go update my ticker and see if my photo still resembles me :-)

Have a great evening. Hopefully we'll get to know each other more in the days to come.
Wendelina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 08:57 PM   #11  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Hello!

Sort of a newbie to the forum, but this looks like a great and supportive group of people

I suffer from depression and social anxiety. My mom passed away about 8yrs ago and I haven't been the same since. I've also developed social anxiety along the way as well...especially when it comes to eating/dining in public. A lot (well, pretty much all LOL) of my friends are off at college and I'm still at home attending a community college, so I don't really "go out" and talk with others.

I would like to get in shape for the first time in my life and hopefully be able to buy clothes in the store when I go shopping! No more online purchases (although that is pretty fun). I feel so embarrassed when I go shopping with friends and they're all trying clothes on and I'm not.
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 PM   #12  
full of thanks

Welcome Wendy and apt, we are so glad to have you here with us.

You will find so much support in this thread. We are all very close here. Vent all you want about whatever is bothering you.

You will find I hardly talk about my weight, I just prefer to talk about life stressors and the good things that are happening for me.

I chipped a tooth yesterday. I go tomorrow to the dentist at 2 pm. bleh I hate going but I don't have a choice.

Where oh where is Kathleen????? We miss you so much. Please let us know how you are doing.

I suffer from borderline personality, bi-polar II and anxiety issues. I am actually doing really good right now. My meds are working well for me. I am losing my therapist of 10 years +. It is hard but I am doing ok. I will have a new therapist at some point.

Jennifer and I are getting along pretty well. It will take time to get back to normal.

Girls, you are the greatest and I love you all so much. Keep me in the loop as to what is going on in your lives.

That's about it for now. Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisaluvshearts; 01-05-2016 at 09:21 PM.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:15 AM   #13  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Argggh!!!

I just tried to post a fairly long update from my phone and it doesn't look like it worked. So frustrating!!!

Sorry that I was AWOL from the group for awhile again. Just got crazy busy with the holidays. Things have settled down now (for the moment), so I have a chance to check in and say hello. I must say that I was extremely happy to say goodbye to 2015!!! Between my breast cancer diagnosis, 3 surgeries, chaos in my little family, and a psychiatric hospitalization, I had enough!!! I have high hopes for 2016, but I am also trying to be realistic. I am currently trying to reign in my eating and get consistent with my exercise, which always seems to be a challenge for me. I have been pretty faithful in doing our new sit-down elliptical, which I mentioned that we purchased a few months ago. It gives me a pretty good all over workout and I actually look forward to doing it, so that is a big positive going into the new year! 😊

LISA: How did your visit with the dentist go? Hope you got your tooth fixed or have plans to do so. Seems there is always some nuisance like that to occupy my time, too. Drives me crazy! I just picked back up with reading January posts and it sounds like there has been some friction between you and Jennifer. That sucks! If you get a minute, please let me know what's going on. Last I knew, Jennifer was pulling out of a pretty deep depression and was doing better. Hope things are okay! Sending hugs and prayers your way!

HOLLY: I am so incredibly happy to hear that your crotchety old boss finally dusted the cobwebs off of his wallet and gave you a generous bonus!!! 😂😄 (If I was on my computer, I would be posting dancing bananas and dancing hot dogs!) But seriously, that is great! It must feel good to finally be shown some appreciation for all of your hard work. Best of luck with the auction/raffle. You will do great, especially since the subject is near and dear to your heart! Very "kewl" that they are raffling off a Harley!!!

EASYSPIRIT: It sure sounds like you are doing great so far with eliminating sugar from your diet. That would be so difficult for me! Keep up the good work!!! 😊

Waving hello to everyone else, especially the new group members! It is always nice to come back "home" to this group! 😊 I will try to check back in more often this year.
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:45 AM   #14  
Free Fat to a Good Home!

S/C/G: 238.8/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisaluvshearts View Post
Welcome Wendy and apt, we are so glad to have you here with us.

You will find so much support in this thread. We are all very close here. Vent all you want about whatever is bothering you.

You will find I hardly talk about my weight, I just prefer to talk about life stressors and the good things that are happening for me.

I chipped a tooth yesterday. I go tomorrow to the dentist at 2 pm. bleh I hate going but I don't have a choice.

Where oh where is Kathleen????? We miss you so much. Please let us know how you are doing.

I suffer from borderline personality, bi-polar II and anxiety issues. I am actually doing really good right now. My meds are working well for me. I am losing my therapist of 10 years +. It is hard but I am doing ok. I will have a new therapist at some point.

Jennifer and I are getting along pretty well. It will take time to get back to normal.

Girls, you are the greatest and I love you all so much. Keep me in the loop as to what is going on in your lives.

That's about it for now. Much love to all.

Thank you for the welcome! This seems like an awesome group!

Good luck with your chipped tooth - never had one, but I heard the fix is pretty simple and quick.
ap14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 04:06 PM   #15  

Hi all, and welcome newbies wendelina and ap14!

Easyspirit, congrats on 10 days sugar free!

Ibelieveinme2 - what a terrible year, I hope 2016 is a more positive one.

Lisa - glad you and Jennifer are on a better footing now, and hope your tooth is alright.

Well back to work today, I don't think it could have gotten off on a worse footing! One of our rabbits scratched my face this morning, so all day people were commenting on it. My car developed a problem on the drive to work, and I accidentily left my lunch and work laptop at home, which I couldn't go back for due to car problems. I went to the canteen for lunch, where I ordered a baked potato. It was scalding and left my mouth about 40% blisters. I had to leave work early to take my car for repairs, but on the way home the problem magically fixed itself (mini-yay!). We finished off with a trip to the vets with our two rabbits tonight, as one is sick - nothing serious at the moment, but I have to syringe feed them some medication for a couple of days. Rabbits hated it, and I'm covered in scratches and bites.

Sorry, that was a big list of problems, it started to get comical by the end... I'm off to curl up in a corner and wait for bedtime...