Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #1  

Unhappy [25F] Body issue question; very confused

Hi. I apologize if I'm on the wrong forum, but oh well.
I've never been skinny. I have a typical pear shaped body, thin on top and larger on bottom, and my weight never really fluctated more than 4-5 lbs before, staying about 110 lbs since I was a teen. I had severe body image issues when I was younger and this is why I'm asking for advice.

Recently I put on a small amount of weight and I have noticed that my body gained it differently than same amounts before. My thighs started to touch which is something that never happened before, and I get a permanent muffin top in jeans or even in underwear. I also feel this "extra" weight when i lay down on my back. I know that is not a big deal but still it doesn't feel like the body I'm used to. Here's a question: should I try and lose these 5 pounds to see what happens, or is it a normal body change that should take place mid-20s, and trying to get my body back to its late teen-self is not healthy?
mary_contrary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 06:48 PM   #2  
mollysize2

S/C/G: I was 153, currently a size 2

Height: 5'4

I struggled with this same issue. I dealt with body changes in the way that I gained weight and I feel for you. it's painful. Especially when you are young.

I ended up finally conquering the battle by getting into my mind and working out why I was eating...it's not hopeless. There's a light waiting for you at the end of the tunnel.

Let me know if you are still seeking help in this area.
mmsapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 07:38 PM   #3  

Always remember, you are not alone! There are a lot of people dealing with this kind of issue. Good thing is, you can definitely get over it. First, acceptance. It's always the first thing to do in everything that we are into. Second, never compare. We are all unique in our own way. We all have flaws and it's just a matter of how you accept it.
KatieR77 is offline   Reply With Quote