Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 12-22-2014, 02:48 PM   #61  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Bob and I talked about the situation with the kitties' upper respiratory infection, and we both agree that they've been on a broad-spectrum antibiotic for months already, and that it's time to see if their immune systems can rise to the challenge. They are very lively, eating well, and gaining weight on schedule, so they at least act as though they are healthy. But I may add back in the antihistamine, since it's quite benign.

I know, I know, it's a boring topic. At least I'm boring myself by writing about it.

Here's something that's not boring: my Christmas present for Grace. (Grace is my 14-yr-old great niece and collage student, for those of you who don't know.) It has somewhere around 6000 species in it, and each one is set out neatly on a white field, so they're perfect for collage. Rocks, trees, flowers, microscopic organisms, fossils, bugs, reptiles, birds, fish, mammals, you name it: this book has 'em all. I have used it more than any other book in my "cut up or scan" category. I'm going to bring it to Wednesday's oyster stew party at Grace's house and have her open it in front of me, even if that's not when her religion ("old calendar" Orthodox) celebrates Christmas. And I will sneak another present to her under the tree to open on their holiday of the 7th: a pair of the best small snipping scissors I have yet found—which she's been using at my house, so she will recognize them immediately. =big smile=

I'm still on the verge of going into a slump, or maybe I am already in a slump, as most people would define it. I did go into -1 last night, but I dealt with it by going to bed early, and woke up in a good mood. I still can't get myself to do anything productive, but so what? At least we don't have any candy or cookies in the house, so my Yuletide energy slump doesn't matter much, weight-wise. I have two adorable orange tabby orientals sleeping on my feet, as I sit on the couch writing these words, so life is good.
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 10:15 AM   #62  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Merry Christmas!!!

Just a quick post to wish those of you that celebrate it a very Merry Christmas!!! Hope everyone has a blessed day with family and friends!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:07 PM   #63  
on a journey

Merry Christmas, friends!!!!!!
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #64  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Merry Christmas, friends!!!!!!
and to you also Lisa!

and Hi and Merry Christmast to Kathleen!

and Happy SunReturn to Fi

and Hi to all others.

Had such a nice evening yesterday with our sons and the fiance. Did our gifts last night. So today was just laid back, I only had to do some laundry, as my house is CLEAN for 48 hours Have eaten WAY too many sweet things and my fantastic mac and cheese but its only Christmas once a year.

I even worked out this morning! my older son got me a Gilad dvd but oh my gosh it is OLD, it is a remixed Bodies in Motion and it is SOOO cheesy and soooo goofy and old fashioned..but I did it anyway, all 60 minutes!!

Back to work tomorrow the winter boss didn't even wish me a Merry christmas or happy holiday or anything when he left the store on Tuesday night, jerk. But I already knew he was a jerk

Hey my wide calf boots DO fit! But I did also ordered them a size Wide. and went up a size, got a 10 instead of a 9. So dang, yes, they should fit, lol.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #65  
on a journey

Hello Holly, Hello friends,

How did everyone's Christmas go? Good I hope. I worked a couple of hours on Christmas and 1.5 hours today so I got some time in which is good.

I hope you all are well in mind and spirit. My Jennifer got me a book for Christmas by Joel Osteen. I just love him, he's so uplifting, even if you're not particularly religious, which I am a very spiritual person. I have just started reading it. I'm sure I will love the book. She's such a thoughtful daughter.

Holly, I'm so glad you're boots fit!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAA

What is everyone's plans for New Year's Eve? I am staying home, It's a conscious decision on my part. I want to have fun but be safe. Jennifer might be here too I'm hoping.

Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 12-26-2014 at 05:12 PM.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:25 PM   #66  
I can do it!!!

I had a really nice Christmas, but my hubby is now sick with the flu so he had to stay home all day. The kids and I went to his sister's house for about 4 hours and then to my parents' house for about 3 hours. We ate, exchanged gifts, and visited with family. It was a good day but I felt queasy for much of it. This flu and cough just keeps on lingering. I am MUCH better but definitely not 100% yet. Today, I was exhausted and layed around much of the day. Took my daughter to sled hockey practice tonight and we went out for dinner to a casual local restaurant. I never lost my appetite but only certain things sound and taste good to me. I haven't worked out at all since I first got sick last Wednesday. Need to get back down to business with healthy food choices and exercise ASAP! I really need to get and stay focused on getting rid of my insulin resistance so it doesn't lead to type 2 diabetes.

Holly: So happy you were able to spend time with your sons and the fiance! Sorry that your winter boss is such a JERK!!! HOORAY that your boots finally arrived and that they fit!!!

Lisa: Enjoy your Joel Osteen book! I really like him, too. We are going to a Columbus Blue Jackets game for New Year's Eve! It should be fun! I am looking forward to it! Our 18-yr-old son gets his wisdom teeth taken out Monday morning, so I hope he feels well enough to go with us by Wednesday night! We LOVE going to the games as a family. My daughter got us all hooked on hockey and the Blue Jackets. She is freaking out tonight because her favorite player just followed her on Instagram! Pretty exciting for a 15-yr-old!

Fi: Hope your kitties are doing well off of their antibiotic! Did Grace like her presents? Hope you stay out of a slump!!!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 273/173/150

I am trying to come back from a two year bout of severe depression. In 2012 I was doing well and lost close to 40lbs for my daughters wedding, then BOOM! I am down and cant get up. I started feeling a little better (with a tweek in my meds) about a month ago. I have lost about two lbs so far just from being up and moving more. I am cleaning my house and getting projects done that have been long neglected (amazing how dirty and cluttered a house can get with two years of neglect and impulse shopping). sometimes when something is no longer working for us its important to talk to our doctor. I finally broke down bawling in her office and told her how bad things were. It helped me. good luck everyone, I hope mine lasts a little while this time! Depression stinks!
eightiesbabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #68  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!

eightiesbabe84: to the group! Thank you for sharing a bit about yourself and your battle with depression and weight loss. Sorry you were struggling so much, but it sure sounds like you have fought hard to get your life back! That is awesome!!! Best of luck to you in your weight loss journey! We will be here cheering you on all the way to your goal!
Old 12-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #69  
on a journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
Lisa— Thanks for asking about our five words for 2014: it's a chance to remember what to be grateful for, instead of dwelling on my annual Christmas slump. My five words would be: kittens, collage, decluttering, my great niece Grace, and Qigong.
Fi, those are wonderful choices for five words.

Kathleen, I am so sorry your husband is sick and that you are under the weather too.

I go on the 6th of Jan and get tested for asthma. We'll see what happens.

eightiesbabe84, Welcome to the board. We are so glad to have you here. Maybe being here can help you?

Much love.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 12-27-2014 at 04:11 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:43 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Hello group, I would like to join this group. A little about me.....I have been a member for a while and I lost 60 pounds a couple of years ago. I hit a wall of depression and gained 80. Needless to say that just kept pushing my head under water even more. I am now on venlafaxine which doesnt feel like it is helping but its awful to try to get off of. This sit helped me sooo much so I am hoping it will do so again. I also completed the "New rules of lifting for women" when. I lost wieght. That was awesom and I absolutely loved it. I would lose inches in my body even when I wasnt losing wieght which was great. When I lost all of that wieght, my. Dr took me off of my bp meds and diabetes meds. I had cured myself and now I am back on all meds and feel like a failure. I am hoping being back here with people like myself will give me a push in the right direction. Thanks for listening.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 03:13 PM   #71  
I can do it!!!

Smile Welcome!

stlrsgrl43: to the group! Congrats on your 60 pound weight loss from a few years ago! You proved to yourself that YOU CAN DO THIS!!! If you did it before, then you can do it again! Do your best to get that "failure" talk out of your head. Negative self-talk works against you. Talk positively to yourself as you would your best friend. Encourage yourself! Love yourself! Nurture yourself! And we will be here cheering you on! You deserve to be healthy and thin! Wishing you the best in your weight loss journey!
Old 12-29-2014, 04:06 PM   #72  
on a journey

Welcome to the board stirsgrl43!!!!!

Hello Kathleen!!!!! You are always so up and positive. Nurturing yourself and loving yourself is sooooo important. I haven't felt positive lately, not like usual. I just have a lot on my mind right now.

I hope you all are well. I am so tired today and I don't know why? There is no reason to be. What is going on in your lives? Fill me in.

Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 12-29-2014 at 04:07 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:31 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 233/201.8/150

Thanks for the welcome, OHIOFREESPIRIT, where abouts are you in ohio. I know what needs to be done and working on getting there.
stlrsgrl43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:45 AM   #74  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightiesbabe84 View Post
I am trying to come back from a two year bout of severe depression. In 2012 I was doing well and lost close to 40lbs for my daughters wedding, then BOOM! I am down and cant get up. I started feeling a little better (with a tweek in my meds) about a month ago. I have lost about two lbs so far just from being up and moving more. I am cleaning my house and getting projects done that have been long neglected (amazing how dirty and cluttered a house can get with two years of neglect and impulse shopping). sometimes when something is no longer working for us its important to talk to our doctor. I finally broke down bawling in her office and told her how bad things were. It helped me. good luck everyone, I hope mine lasts a little while this time! Depression stinks!
Hi and to eightiesbabe84!! i hope you can find companioship here as I have. Yay to you for losing 40 in 2012 and let's hope you tackle that again this new year.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:47 AM   #75  
Biker Chick!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrsgrl43 View Post
Hello group, I would like to join this group. A little about me.....I have been a member for a while and I lost 60 pounds a couple of years ago. I hit a wall of depression and gained 80. Needless to say that just kept pushing my head under water even more. I am now on venlafaxine which doesnt feel like it is helping but its awful to try to get off of. This sit helped me sooo much so I am hoping it will do so again. I also completed the "New rules of lifting for women" when. I lost wieght. That was awesom and I absolutely loved it. I would lose inches in my body even when I wasnt losing wieght which was great. When I lost all of that wieght, my. Dr took me off of my bp meds and diabetes meds. I had cured myself and now I am back on all meds and feel like a failure. I am hoping being back here with people like myself will give me a push in the right direction. Thanks for listening.
Hi stlrsgirl and to our group, I hope you find it as helpful and loving as I have! that is kewl that you lost and got in such good shape with lifting, and that you cured yourself!!! I hope so much you can get back to where you were then. You can do it!!