Ups & Downs Support Group: May 2014

You're on Page 9 of 15
Go to
  • HI!! I've been back since late Sat. but I've been so fried, I wanted to wait til I read through the days here

Fi thanks for the adorbs vid of the kittens! and congrats on that NSV. I am a firm believer in honoring fitness as something that helps us everyday in simple things, such as carrying groceries, having to clamor over something, or bouncing up after a fall..congrats on your victory! and your latest collage.

Worthy I am impressed with whatever your career is! and I'm glad you had that nice vacation day. Oh and congrats on your new wardrobe! all done because of your hard work through exercise and diet..and your work on weeding through the clothes. I haven't had a kitty in decades, but I do remember how they would love to commandeer things spread out on the bed

Amy Hi! glad the packing is going along. and best wishes on weight loss plan you choose. How is Snicker's eye?

Ohio - we haven't heard from you in a while! thinking of you!

Chelsea thinking of you too! I drive by a small farm with lots of goats, they are SO amusing!

Trish - sorry to hear you were (are) having a bad day. I hope you feel ALOT better.

Sabrina oh that co-worker sounds exasperating!! and that she didn't 'get it' even after you spoke to her, that she said she was trying to be sensivite? duh. I'm glad the one day retreat was good. And best wishes on landing a perfect job, when it presents itself. Did you get to mow your lawn yet? are you the sole mower?

Monte Cristo - Hi, I'm glad to hear your plantings have taken hold and you didn't have to water right away

IBelieve - HI girlfriend and yay on your walking and biking and everything! so...do you plan your meals for the week? cook and freeze portions? that is what I've had good luck with..just sharing some ideas I want you to succeed!

floralshorts - Hi and !

So.. my long days were indeed long, I love being in the kitchen during the day, but the waitstaffing at night..I do not love, lol. Each night I would think 'oh thank GOODNESS this is almost over'. Just made for a long day. Then I would creep away to my little room (the front-of-the-house manager made sure I had a room away from most of the noise, very considerate) but the lodge was full of boisterous, re-united members and I found it so hard to fall asleep..we just get so used to our own beds/houses don't we! THen I would get up at 5:30 to start the coffee station and do it all over again.

But I hope I made alot of money (we are on an every 2 week pay period) and I got tons of compliments on my desserts, and people saying they were very glad I was there again for the summer, that is always nice

ALERT - descriptions of desserts to follow! First day - lunch dessert was a peanut butter cookie with a peanut butter filling; dinner dessert was the Lemon Bavarian cheesecake with a pink guava sauce; Thursday morning was blueberry muffins and cinnamon walnut coffeecake, lunch dessert was a chocolate crumb bar; Thursday night was pumpkin and mince pies; Friday morning lemon poppyseed muffins; lunch dessert apple spice cake with whipped cream cheese frosting; dinner dessert Chocolate Mousse cake with a chocolate drizzle..Sat. morning Morning Glory muffins; lunch lemon raspberry bars, dinner dessert French apple pie...now I'm making myself hungry!

I did have today off, and mowed the lawn (it was SO thick and high, I did have to rake afterwards) planted some annuals in pots; did laundry, and just LOVE seeing the lawn mowed all green and pretty and the flowers..I wish it was a little warmer because I still haven't been on my motorcycle much.

so I will talk to you tomorrow morning
  • Yay! Holly's back!
    Holly: Welcome back home!!! Your desserts sound so scrumptious! I thought it sounded like you would have some very LONG days; glad they are behind you now! You sure worked hard on your "day off!" You do it all, don't you?!? To answer your question, NO ~ I don't cook and portion things off ahead of time. I know that would help, but I've never done it. Cooking isn't my strong suit anyway. I could do better on the PLANNING part of things, though.

Trish: Sorry you are having a down day. Hope you feel better about your life tomorrow! I do think your mind is trying to sabotage your good efforts at weight loss lately by bringing up the "other" image issues. No matter what, it is healthier for you to be at a lower weight. YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Don't give in to that negative "stinkin' thinkin'!" You have been doing so well. Keep moving forward!

Worthy: Congratulations on your successful closet cleaning efforts! Sounds like you got quite a lot done today! That is great! HOORAY for donating those bigger sizes that you have shrunk out of!!!

Walked 25 minutes on the treadmill at the gym today and rode the recumbent cycle for 20 minutes. Food was good. I need to weigh in soon to see where I stand on the scale. I never seem to know.

Hope to hear from everyone else soon!
  • Vermont- I'm not the sole mower, I just really like to do it for the workout. Last week it rained like crazy and the only day we had the chance to mow, my husband got to it before I did. Oh well, plenty more times for that.

Had a good weekend, though Kentucky Kingdom was a major bust. Way too many people and wasn't able to ride any good rides. Only got on one and it was a 3d one, waited so long for it too. It was disapointing. Luckily the tickets were free. Then we made our way to see hubby's parents and then my parents, then back home. Was a very short weekend.

Got the best news ever on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!

Isabelle's grave marker and vase were delivered to the cemetery. They should be in place for Memorial Day!!!! I'm so so so so so so soooooooo excited! I prayed everything would be ready by memorial day. They are having a special mass there and it will be great to finally have her place marked. It will be emotional, but I just can't wait to have something to look at when I visit her. It's the little things in life... :/ I won't see her grow up, but I can make sure where she sleeps is always beautiful.

As a side note, hubby and I bought our plots not too far from where Isabelle is. She is in a children's circle. We decided to get ours now so we could be as close as possible to her. We can see the children's circle when you face our future graves. Sounds sad and depressing, but I'm excited about that too.. Odd, I know, it's like I'm excited to die... I know it will happen one day and I'm glad to know we will be close to her.
  • Fleur - I'm glad that you are able to find comfort even in a hard circumstance. Sometime your point of view can make all the difference.

IBelieve - I wish I would exercise half as much as you do. You are doing awesome.

Holly - I wish you could take a little of our warmth...supposed to be almost 90 today. I love working in the yard for that reason too...I know some people like plant and garden for that reason, but for me it is like organizing my yard, and I love organizing. Your desserts sound delicious too...making cakes was one of the ways I kept myself together before I went on meds...giving away a cake and getting all the compliments made me feel really good.

worth - Closet cleaning!! One of my favorite activities.

lilturtle - Sorry for your bad day. Image issues must be difficult.

Fiona - Congrats on the NSV. Have you considered doing something special with your t-shirts? Maybe they could be remade smaller, or made into a really cool throw?

seabiscuit - Allergies have been crazy this year...I've been taking benadryl almost everyday for weeks. I saw a joke somewhere that allergies are so bad this year that the meth dealers will be turning the meth back into sudafed.

floralshorts - I'm late, but welcome to the group!

Not been having a real good time lately. Not particuarliy bad days, just kind of blah and stupid. I can't even be bothered to find a tv show to watch. So I just wander around in Oblivion whacking orcs and bandits lol.

I have a tenant who is causing me problems again. She just won't pay her rent...it would be easier to deal with if she was obnoxious and mean, then I would just have her evicted. But she always has these stories that sound reasonable at first, and then spin out in to ridiculous series of lies. After 6 weeks of trying to get the rent from her I finally asked her if she really didn't have the money to just tell me and quit with the ridiculousness and she STILL insists that she has it and just can't connect with me. As if there wasn't a perfectly good system to get things to people without meeting them that only costs 50 cents. :eyeroll:
  • Just checking in. Didn't sleep real well last night either. I feel like crap.
  • Monte- I try my best to think as positive as possible.

Vermont- I'm not the sole mower, I just enjoy the calorie burn. I'm a tom boy anyways. I'd rather mow the lawn than do laundry or the dishes! haha!

Today was really busy at work. Every now and then I hear an insensitive remark that is said to me... this one may come close to the number one most insensitive, though asking about my mother's day is hard to beat... Anyways, I have a picture of Isabelle on my clipboard at work. When I'm having a tough time, I have here sweet face to look at... She is beautiful to me though I know she has some things about her that may make others think otherwise. It isn't graphic in any way. Her lips are black and she has some minor bruising on the face. It's one of the best pictures of her and one of my favorites. Though her lips are black, I've come to utilize tht and call her my little emo baby.. It makes me laugh to think of that. She was the cutest emo baby ever! I'm rambling.. anyways someone who makes deliveries to us stuck his head over the desk and stared at it. Then he said something that just floored me.... He said, "That's a really weird looking baby.." and had a screwed up look on his face... I was shocked... that passed and I was able to choke out that it was my stillborn daughter. Pretty sure he felt pretty awkward after that. He tried to save face, but the damage was done. I know it wasn't intentional, but cmon who says any baby looks weird? Have some sense when it's most likely someone close to the person who has the picture...

So that was a bit of a day ruiner. The day was super busy on top of that.

I went to cycling class and again completed my goal to finish the class! Mission accomplished!
  • Quote:
    Got the best news ever on saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drum roll please!!!!!!!!!

Isabelle's grave marker and vase were delivered to the cemetery..... I won't see her grow up, but I can make sure where she sleeps is always beautiful.
    Oh I am so glad for you!
  • Quote: . Every now and then I hear an insensitive remark that is said to me... this one may come close to the number one most insensitive, though asking about my mother's day is hard to beat...
    That delivery guy was a lunk!!! I'm so sorry that happened to you

congrats on doing the cycling class!
  • Hi there...

How's everyone doing? My allergies are awful! I left volunteering early today because of hay fever!

Holly, Snickers finished all of his medicine, good boy. He is feeling better, more like his playful and curious self, thanx for asking.

Monte Cristo, that's funny! Yes I'm ready for allergy season to be over!!!

Believe, thank you for your encouragement and kind words. I'm a bit of an emotional eater though although not as bad as before.

Fi, thank you for your support. I am going to try WW points or calorie counting.

Take care, thanks!

Amy
  • OMGosh!!!
    Sabrina: OMGosh, that is the most stupid and insensitive comment in the world that the delivery guy said!!!!!!! I am so sorry you have had to deal with such insensitive comments at work. Yep, that would ruin my day, too. All that matters, though, is that Isabelle is YOUR little girl and you will love her forever!!! NO ONE can take THAT away from you! Ever! I'm so happy for you that her grave marker and vase were delivered to the cemetery in time for Memorial Day. Nice that they are having a special mass there and that your plots are not too far from Isabelle. On another note, HOORAY for you on finishing your cycling class!!! Sorry to hear that Kentucky Kingdom over the weekend was a major bummer. It is always nice to hear from you!

MonteCristo: So sorry to hear that you have still been down. Your tenant sounds annoying! Good luck dealing with THAT situation! How are things with your Dad?

Trish: Wish there was something I could say or do to make you feel all better! Sending a big hug through cyberspace!

Gotta run! Will check back later!
  • Quote: ...Allergies have been crazy this year...I've been taking benadryl almost everyday for weeks. I saw a joke somewhere that allergies are so bad this year that the meth dealers will be turning the meth back into sudafed.
    that is hilarious! ( I'm a huge BB fan and miss it terribly!)

I never thought of garden work as organizing...interesting!

sorry to hear of the tenant giving you grief!! I know 2 people who are landlords, and they say they have the hardest time ever because of people like that. Then the eviction process, seems to be always seems to be in favor of the ahem, deadbeats!

I would take a little of your heat but not too much right now we have blackflies to deal with, you want to be outside because it's so beautiful and green and you want to dig and plant..but the blackflies BITE and the itch is awful. Right now I have three fresh ones I'm trying hard not to touch.

(dessert description warning!)
    today for lunch dessert, I made some Cinnamon Chocolate cookies; for the gluten-free guest, I made some chocolate meringues. For dinner dessert, I made a Rhubarb-Raspberry compote, from rhubarb I picked fresh on the property; then I made Angel Food Cake; and left instructions to place cake in bowl, put some freshly whipped cream on, then a spoonful of the compote. I LOVE rhubarb sauce

I did not work out today...booo..but tried hard to eat less to make up for it.
  • Holly

Your desserts sound delicious! Feel free to post some recipes!!!

Black flies, are those the big flies that I call horse flies, they definitely do bite! I had a big bee in my apt the other day, I panicked!

Take care

Amy
  • Well, I'm still BERP-ing. Not much else to report.

Holly, I'm a huge BB fan, too: I watched the very first episode when it aired, and it sucked me in and turned me into a despicable JUNKIE! And now I have Heisenberg Withdrawal Syndrome! Arrrrggggh!
  • Hello everyone! this looks like a very welcoming and supportive group. My name is heather I just rejoined the 3FC community and I have been posting in the 300+ for about 2weeks - but as I am really struggling with my bipolar (mostly depression) and anxiety right now I wanted to come over here because it makes me feel better to know I'm not alone. I promise I will catch up and read this thread latter today, but it is time for my chair exercises and I will take any excuse to get out of it, so I better not give myself one! Good to meet you all!
  • Ok, I feel like I should know what BB is, but I guess I have a mental block...

Hi Heather, and welcome to the group.