Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-28-2014, 04:11 PM   #136  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

lilturtle, I surely hope that as you lose more, you will reap the benefits of less pain while walking

Well this is called the Ups and DOWNS right ??!! so I have to vent please. I am the ONLY one in this household who can bear to throw anything away..or reuse it to someone who will use it, or realize that something hasn't been touched in YEARS and can get it out of the friggin house. I am so friggin steamed at my husband; the items in particular are two outdoor smokers, the kind of cylinder ones on legs and wheels, well they haven't been used in at least 4 or 5 years, they are rusted, WEEDS have grown over them, we use a smaller grill for cooking.

and the other item is a gas powered snowthrower, it was a heavy duty one that cost $1000 from Sears but kept breaking down and we haven't used it in 3 years. it just sits on the lawn, covered by a tarp, i have to mow around it and it's an eyesore. So I boldly suggested that I call the local people who haul junk cars, to come and take those items, the smokers and teh snowthrower. YOu'd think I'd suggested selling our children!!

"Those were expensive" he says..duh, I know, I work too, but we're not using them and they're in teh way and have been for years! "Well, someone might buy them, if we put them at the top of the driveway" Um, I am not going to hang out by a window all day waiting to see if someone comes and just takes them or something.

So I am soooo pissed because I am the one who identifies the problem, and wants to take action but he just comes up with arguments, excuses, and no way would he do the work involved. and it reinforces that this has gone on for years, our storage area is jammedd with CRAP and it kills him to see it taken care of, so I try to do it when he's not here, and that's not fair to me.

whew.

Last edited by VermontMom; 04-28-2014 at 04:12 PM.
VermontMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:43 PM   #137  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Holly: I totally empathize with you. Honestly, if it was me, I would probably go ahead and call the junk collector. You might even get some money out of the things in scrap metal. They may have been expensive but they're junk now. My mother is a hoarder so I grew up dealing with the issue. As a result, I have a six month rule. If something hasn't been used for six months, it can be tossed or donated. The only things that escape this rule are books!

Thanks, Fiona!

MonteCristo, your kitties are beautiful! I'm a real cat person but I do love all animals. There's nothing like a happy, purring kitty, though.

Today has been a down day for me. I did manage to force myself to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight but honestly, I feel like crap. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:53 PM   #138  
on a journey

Hello ladies,

I have had a few relaxing days here. I am off school for a week, it starts up next week. I am taking 2 classes next session. I am excited and nervous.

I work early in the morning at 6 am, so I have to get up at 5 am.

My moods have been pretty good and my anxiety has been under control too so things here have been good. I still have a bad day now and then but they are rare, thank goodness.

I got behind on my car payment and my car insurance. Instead of sitting around and worrying about it, making myself sick with worry. I picked up the phone and called both of them. I made arrangements to catch up on my payments. It just goes to show home important it is to be proactive instead of inactive.

I hope this post finds you all well. Much love to all.

Last edited by Lisa_C; 04-28-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Lisa_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:53 PM   #139  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

If anyone's interested, I made a collage about the BERP, this spring house-organizing activity of mine. Enjoy! =smile=
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:06 AM   #140  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Default Darn it!

I had written a long post with the start of personals, but it got lost in Cyberspace at the accidental click of a button, so here goes my 2nd try.

I picked up my new prescription orthotics (for plantar fasciitis) today and used them while walking on the treadmill tonight for 30 minutes. My feet were a bit sore afterward, but I have high hopes that these orthotics will help to "cure" my plantar fasciitis. They felt pretty good as I walked at a slower pace than usual. I need to slowly break them in. I stepped on the scale hesitantly this morning, since I didn't eat as healthy on vacation, and I have LOST 2 more pounds!!! I will take it! I think that the thyroid med I began taking late March is helping me to not be so darn weight loss resistant..... finally! Thank God!!!

Sabrina: Isabelle Francis is a beautiful name! (insert hearts) I am so glad that you were able to spend much time with her in the hospital and get lots of photos of all 3 of you. Hope the photos are a wonderful keepsake that will help with your grieving process and healing process. Be patient with yourself as you grieve. 18 years later, I can't say that the pain ever fully goes away, but it does become more manageable with the passage of time. But it was definitely the most difficult heartache of my lifetime (and I've had some doozies!). Please feel free to talk/write about her whenever you want or need to!

worththeeffort2: Sorry about your sad experience of a stillborn sibling and that she never had a name. I am also sorry to hear that you had a down day today. Hope tomorrow is a better one for you! Good for you for managing to get 30 minutes in on the elliptical despite feeling like crap!

Fi: So, so HAPPY to hear that you had a really good day yesterday!!!

Trish No shame in admitting that just walking is difficult at times. I hope things get less painful for you as you CONTINUE to lose weight! YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Holly: Sorry about your frustration with your hubby. I am usually the one who wants to "save" everything in our family, so it actually helps me to hear your venting. Gives me another perspective. I am finally to the point that I WANT to get rid of lots of stuff; now I just need to follow through and DO it! I am actually IN PROCESS of working with my organizer (still; ongoing) to do just that. Good luck dealing with this! Vent all you want! And THANK YOU for all of the !!!

MonteCristo: Love your photos of your pup and kitties!!! How do you keep the kittens apart? They look so much alike! Glad to hear that you had a great weekend. Thanks for sharing more about yourself and your family.

ohiofreespirit: Good for you for being PROactive instead of INactive about your car payment and car insurance! It is a good lesson for us all. Enjoy your week off school!!!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #141  
Biker Chick!

worththeeffort2 thank you for your comments about my venting Especially you have the memories of growing up with a hoarder. I wholeheartedly agree with a 6 month time period, excepting seasonal things of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeeffort2 View Post

Today has been a down day for me. I did manage to force myself to do 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight but honestly, I feel like crap. Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.
It's so great that you pushed yourself to do time on the elliptical even though you did not want to! I hope very much that today is better for you!! Is it, so far?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiofreespirit View Post
..I got behind on my car payment and my car insurance. Instead of sitting around and worrying about it, making myself sick with worry. I picked up the phone and called both of them. I made arrangements to catch up on my payments
Ohio, that is such a big thing isn't it!! Way to go on just taking the big step and facing something troublesome and just doing it and taking care of it and it turned out fine

I know you still have to work but enjoy your week off from school And is your daughter coming home from college soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiona W View Post
If anyone's interested, I made a collage about the BERP, this spring house-organizing activity of mine. Enjoy! =smile=
That is really great! So..each of those printed images was cut from a magazine or book? the edges are so precise! And I meant to comment how huge it was, that even during your bad night and the next day, you did not even think about taking comfort in carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBelieveInMe2 View Post
I have LOST 2 more pounds!!! I will take it! I think that the thyroid med I began taking late March is helping me to not be so darn weight loss resistant..... finally! Thank God!!!
WOW congrats on the 2 pounds GONE! that is such an awesome sight to see on the scale isn't it! and I sincerely hope the orthotics help your poor feet And thank you for your input on the clutter, I know you have offered your support even though I must seem like the enemy Not 'enemy' but you know what I mean. I hope I didn't sound like a horrible person or at the very least a harsh person. I'm not usually, but it just .. deflated me because I thought I should be commended for taking control of clutter and I was feeling that a big concrete roadblock was being thrown my way.

Well I allowed my disappointment about DH's reaction, and then the gray, chilly day to put me in a crummy mood, the same 'what's the use' mentality, and overate yesterday out of anger; I really haven't done that for so long (eating with the thought that it's 'getting back' , when it's only hurting me instead of someone else). It was too chilly and overcast for me to want to get out on my bike, and it was all I could do to force myself to do about an hour of yardwork. It is nuts for me to base my mood so much on the weather but I can't help it!
Old 04-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Holly - I completely understand your frustration about hanging on to things you don't use or need. I wouldn't call my family hoarders, but they certainly like to keep lots of stuff "just in case". I on the other hand am the complete opposite...I go through my entire house every few months and just look for stuff I can get rid of, cause if makes me happy, lol. This is probably not the best method, but when I was a teenager, I would go through the house an pick up stuff that I thought was junk and we didn't need, and I'd hide it for 6 months. If no one asked about it, then I'd throw it away. I don't know if you are to this point yet, but if you are ready to get rid of it, you can usually get scrap people to come get it themselves. You probably won't get any money out of it, but you will be rid of it. Thanks for the compliment about the repair...my Dads a master electrician and does all his own repairs on the houses, so I've been doing this stuff all my life and I don't even think about it that much. I think I started doing electrical and plumbing when I was 8 lol.

Ibelieveinme2 - Honestly, it is really easy for me to tell them apart. They have really different personalities and they carry themselves very different. But I do like having a matching pair. Glad you got orthotics and thyroid medication that is finally working for you. You much feel great about that!

Fiona - Lovely collage. I'm in awe of artistic people, I don't have an artistic bone in my body.

ohiofreespirit - Glad you are having a nice relaxing week, and that your anxiety level have decreased. And great job on being proactive with your financial situation.

worththeeffort2 - Thanks for the compliment on my cats. They really are special. Sorry you aren't feeling to good, but excellent job on working through and getting your exercise in anyway.

lilturtle - Walking may be difficult for you now, but the important thing is that you aren't letting it stop you. That is the important thing. And before you know it you will be able to walk all over!

Monday was another good day. Nothing special at work, but I was busy, which is just the way I like it. After work, as the ground was so nice an moist from all the rain, I decided to do some yard work. I have a really shady back yard, so I don't have much grass, and I've been wanting to basically landscape the whole thing with hostas and japanese mapples and other shade loving foliage plants for a while. So I set to work clearing out the grass and weeds from under the cedar tree where I plan to start a batch of pachysandra. Didn't take as long as I thought so after that I cleared a huge patch along side my patio and then ran off to Lowes to get some different types of hostas. I already have 3 types, but I found 3 different ones inclucing a special gigantic (grows 6ft) so I planted those around the patio. Not sure that is where I will want them eventually, but the idea was to get them in the ground as soon as possible so they can start growing. That way I can just divide them up and I won't have to keep paying for them!
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:01 PM   #143  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

worththeeffort- Since before my husband and I were married we had two girl names and two boy names picked out for our children. When we found we were having a girl, she immediately became Isabelle Francis. We had such a short time to make memories with her. Hand molds, foot molds, etc. I also made sure she had her first haircut, though she was pretty bald, we were able to get a few little tufts of it to save.

Fiona- I really liked that collage as well as the others on that site. Very interesting. When you you are creating your collages, do you use only scissors to cut pictures or an exacto-knife?

Ibelieveinme- I'm so anxious to get the new pictures. It's like I'll be meeting her again! Ah, can't wait!!!! Thank you for the support.

Vermont- Sorry to hear you husband is resisting to dejunk. :/ I do the same thing, going around a few times a year and getting rid of the things we don't or haven't been using. My husband is really laid back and usually if we haven't used something in awhile, is ok with getting rid of it. I'm blessed!

So today I went to the gym and did some weight lifting. I'm also doing the c25k and did workout 2 of week one yesterday. Not as sore today as I was the day after the first workout, so that's awesome. After the gym today I swept the floors, emptied the dishwasher, cleaned the office (i.e. cleaned the cat box and swept up all the litter than my cat tracks throughout the office).

I have an appointment at 5pm to get my new tattoo. It is in honor of my daughter. Praying hands with a rosary. It will also have her name and the date she was born. It's been a long time coming.. for me anyways. I went to an artist and she has drug her feet on getting the design done. I mean she has taken like 4 weeks to draw this up. Very frustrating for me. I decided to go to a different artist yesterday and he got me booked for today. I'm very impressed and can't wait to finally get Isabelle immortalized on me. Each of my tattoos has deep meaning for me, but this one will be the most important of any tattoo I will ever get.
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 03:49 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 470/ticker/175

Height: 5'10"

Fiona - Love love love the collage. You are so talented and creative.

The whole walking thing is scaring me with my trip coming up. Airports are big and I still don't know exactly where I am going. Plus what if there is a long line for security. I'm working myself up again already. I just want that part of the trip to be over.

I am runing out of food for the month. I have some ground beef left I think. And a pork roast in the freezer. I have nothing to make the pork roast with. I went overboard buying pickles and carrots this month and didn't think of buying real food. I get these crazy ideas like only eating carrots and pickles. *sigh* Lesson learned. One can not survive a month of carrots and pickles. The next time I do my grocery shopping I need to think it through better.
lilturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #145  
rockin' my 60s!

Location: from Houston, TX—now in Maryland (Washington DC area)

S/C/G: 351/267/140

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for all the kind words about my collage. Yes, all those images came from magazines or books, and in the case of that collage, mostly from my junk mail...I get a lot of scientific and medical junk mail from when I used to be a doctor, and I get a lot of catalogs: it's all free anyway, why not cut out the cool parts before I toss it in the recycle bin? Every time I run across something with visual appeal on the Web, I always check to see if a printed catalog is available for it.

I do 99.9% or more of my snipping with scissors, only very little with a craft knife. There were a couple of places in the bouquet the elephant's holding where there was blue sky showing through from the original background, so I used a knife to make those inside holes. I didn't used to be able to cut very neatly with scissors, but what they say is true: practice makes perfect!

The difficult thing, which was in fact the subject of that collage, is not just hoarding paper, but harvesting the images and storing them in an orderly way. That's what I'm working very hard on, even as you read these words, because I want my house to have lots of clean open spaces for those new kittens to run and play. The piles of paper clutter are on their way OUT!
Fiona W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 PM   #146  
Biker Chick!

Default aaahhhh

This is the face of a Happy biker!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20140429_155928.jpg (28.1 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #147  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Hello there everyone!

Thank you for your wave Holly! How are you?

I'm hanging in there! It was a grey and rainy day today, also quite chilly. I'm slowly getting ready for the move.

Take care and have a good night.

Amy
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #148  
I can do it!!!

S/C/G: 223/165/145

Height: 5'4"

Smile Hello Support Buddies!

I worked out with my trainer this morning and walked on the treadmill the previous two nights. I am trying to see myself as a more active person and it is helping, I think.

Holly: I absolutely LOVE that picture of you on your bike!!! You do look very happy! You didn't sound like a horrible or harsh person about the clutter at all! It actually helped me to hear someone else's perspective, because I always just think my hubby is being too hard on me when he loses his patience about the clutter in our house. It helps me to see it a little more objectively, if that makes any sense.

MonteCristo: Glad to hear that Monday was another good day and that you were able to get out and do some yard work. Your landscaping sounds beautiful!

Sabrina: I am not a big tattoo person, but the one you are getting sounds so special and unique for Isabelle. Good for you for getting to the gym and lifting weights. Good luck with the c25k!!!

Trish: When do you leave for your trip? You will do just fine with the walking in the airport. I hate that part of trips, too. Practice POSITIVE self-talk and you will get through it okay. I will be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope your food supply holds out until you are able to shop again!

Fi: I just checked out your latest collage and it is so cool!!! Very visually appealing. You ARE indeed very talented. I love the elephant holding the flowers in his trunk! Good luck as you continue with your BERP!

Amy: Thanks for checking in. When is your big move? Good luck with the preparation!

Hello to Everyone Else!!! Please check in when you can, if only just to say hello!
IBelieveInMe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 10:04 AM   #149  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

I've been having some odd dreams, and it seems like they are connected to my anxiety. More background on me...the "family issue" that precipiated my anxiety issues and depression was my mom's sudden realization that she didn't have the life she wanted, so she wanted a divorce so she could start over. My Dad was shocked to say the least, and really fought her on it, so it was about two years from her realization until she finally filed for divorce and forced separation. Another two years of fighting where she used custody of the kids to get try and get a bigger settlement. All very traumatic for everyone involved as you can imagine. Anyway, I've been having dreams lately where she comes back, and I'm forced to leave. Which is weird because I haven't lived at home in over three years now. But it is really disturbing in the dream. I can't really imagine why I'm having these dreams. This would never happen in real life, my parents still venemously hate each other, and my Dad is engaged to someone else. I did talk to my sister in Texas last night, and we did commiserate together about the fact that our mom never contacts us unless she needs something, or really puts any effort into the relationship, so I guess that could of set it off. Or maybe because it is getting so much closer to my dad's remarriage. Times like this I think I may need a therpist.
MonteCristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #150  
He is Risen! Alleluia!

S/C/G: 205/181.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Very neat Fiona!

Love the pic Holly! I miss my bike! I still have my helmet, it's full face, flat black with a skull and cross bones on the back. I love it and even though I will probably never get another bike, I don't think I'll ever get rid of it, lol!

Ibelieveinme2- I drew my first tattoo when I was in high school and got it when I turned 18. It's a dreamcatcher in memory of my grandpa. Then a few years later I got the trail of tears symbol (indian hunched over sitting on a horse) They say once you get one, you get addicted and it's true for me. After getting the current one for Isabelle, I'm thinking of the next TWO pieces I want to get. I do make sure that each one has strong meaning for me and my life. I couldn't bear the thought of putting the Indianapolis Colts emblem on myself or something like that, lol!

Today I have my 6 week post partum appointment. Hoping everything is well and I'm fully cleared! I know I'm getting a blood draw (Yeeesh!) I know, crazy coming from a girl who just got a tattoo, but I absolutely dislike blood draws, though I learned to accept them throughout my pregnancy because I developed hypothyroidism and my levels constantly had to be checked. After I leave there I plan on swinging by the gym to do my day three week one c25k workout. Then home to finish the last few assignments for my Environment and Society class. My next class is some sort of government class... Ick! I'm going to be so incredibly BORED!!!! But apparently it is necessary in order for me to be a social worker... SO much wasted time and energy on things that don't matter..
FleurDeLis is offline   Reply With Quote