Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2003, 07:48 AM   #1  

Default THURSDAY~June 18!

Wow, I see that CSK found us! Good to see you, girl!

Am glad the shave went well, Liz. Aren't those pink Venus razors cute! Mine isn't pink~saw them at the store though. I bet your DD feels very "girly" now!

Am afraid that I'll be spending some time in the hospital again. It appears that I might have an infection in my leg again. Am watching it. I don't plan on going in until after Friday because I want to go to an Energy fair tomorrow. I know...I know...Liz is wanting to give me a lecture . Sitting in the hospital at this time of the year really p*sses me off! I'll see how it goes....
Old 06-19-2003, 09:13 AM   #2  

Unhappy Awwww Tip

Sorry to hear about your leg.....keep us posted....and have fun at the fair!

Well I am up a bit early today....supposed to be helping mom at kindergarten and we are going to the spray park so that takes a bit of organization....pack a lunch and an umbrella and all the other necessities.

Got to figure out what to make for lunch for dd 11 too....I hate making lunches.

We had fun at soccer last night....dd 5 has figured the game out ...she is scoring, passing and giving it all she has!

I have yet to have done a drop of scrapping and I have a huge workshop tomorrow......I was gonna do all kinds of prep work.....will have to give it a big effort tonight.

Well I hope you all have a great day and I will check in later.

Eliz

Old 06-19-2003, 09:46 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Chickadees!

Tippy, it's always good to hear from you, but I'm sorry to hear about your leg. Please take care of yourself and have fun at the fair! Keep us posted girlie! I will be praying for you!

Liz, glad everything went well with the shaving! Aren't our kids fun! ;-) Never a dull moment.

Last night my dear hubby needed to go spend the night at his parents house bec they had to go out of the town to the doctor's office and needed somebody to "watch the place". Well I thought "this will be ok, I'll have some time to myself and play on the puter". I had every intention of getting things done around the house and then popping into the chatroom around 9:00 to see if the night time gang still hangs out there. Well, Murphy's Law, as they say. Just as I got connected on the internet there was a knock at our door, and one of our friends down the road was looking for their 15 year old son who had gone off mad. Well of course, then we were all looking for him and hoping we weren't gonna have to call the police to find him. Eventually, they found him at his grandparents house about 10 miles from their house. He had rode his bike in the dark 10 miles on the highway. Kids! We were all relieved once we knew he was safe and sound. Teenagers - never a dull moment for sure!

It is beautiful outside today! I didn't make it to the mall for my walk yesterday, but I am going today no matter what! :-)

What's everybody up to today?

Hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-19-2003, 09:58 AM   #4  

Hey you guys! I am sorry I have been MIA. Thanks Liz for the pm's. I should have been posting b/c I am having some had times right now. DH has been out of town lots lately and I can feel the depression creeping in.

Not to much is happening my way. My MIL is coming in for my birthday (July 1) so we are trying to get ready for that. I am having a yard sale Saturday and I havn't even started to price the stuff. I think I am going to leave early today to get that done.

I don't have time to go back and read all of the posts so I will try to keep up from here.
Old 06-19-2003, 10:00 AM   #5  

Talking Well well well look what the cat dragged in!

Welcome back Kempyd!

We are way more interesting than those "pushers" you have been hanging out with!

Glad to see you back.

Byeeeeeeeee for now!

Eliz
Old 06-19-2003, 10:48 AM   #6  

Thanks for welcoming me back Liz. Sometimes I tend to block myself from people and I can see that being here was no different. (the depression makes me do it)
Old 06-19-2003, 10:59 AM   #7  

Hey Kemp - soooooooo glad to see ya girlie!!!!!
hugs, hugs, hugs!
Cathy
Old 06-19-2003, 11:52 AM   #8  

Heck, I posted the wrong date when I started this thread. Blame it on a senior moment.

Hi Kemp...welcome back. I have those times when I tend to take myself away from people too. It isn't depression with me. It's just a time for rewinding.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:18 PM   #9  

Hey Tip - we must all be having senior moments bec I never even noticed the date! :-) I use to be so observant! lol
Old 06-19-2003, 12:43 PM   #10  

Hi ladies

Just checking in from Victoria, B.C.....where we are visiting. We are housesitting our DS2's house & looking after his dog. DH says he is going to take Brodie....DS's dog home....lol....they have bonded....he is such a sweet dog.

We might be leaving tomorrow....DS & his DW are supposed to be coming home from Las Vegas tonight.

We have been having a nice relaxing week. I have taken up some knitting again....just some dishcloths....made from cotton yarn. I bought this yarn.....it's called Boa by Bernat.....has anyone heard of it?.....am going to make a scarf....this yarn is quite different.

Over the last winter....while I was really depressed...or should I say the last few years......I seemed to stop doing things....especially the last 8 months. I guess we can do that when we are depressed....sort of lose interest in doing things.

Well....a few weeks ago....I was thinking I wasn't doing much of anything lately....a bit of housework....reading....was going out less with friends....since last fall....so I thought.....I need to do something else....different.....I know knitting is minor....but it is something.

Maybe I am starting to feel better these days.

I should stop rambling....& go outside & have coffee with DH.

April

Tippy....you take care of yourself....with your leg.

Kemp.....Welcome back.....it's good to see you here.

Last edited by april99; 06-19-2003 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-19-2003, 02:21 PM   #11  

Hey there April,
It is so nice to see such long and interesting posts from you! I certainly can tell that you are feeling better!
I've never heard of that yarn, but I don't do any knitting or anything like that. I'm just too busy with teenagers and stuff, but I use to sew a lot and loved it - just don't have the time these days.
I'm glad that you are having a nice relaxing week!
Keep us posted girlie!
hugs,
Cathy
Old 06-19-2003, 03:04 PM   #12  
CIN

Default SUMMER IS HERE!

Hi Gals...............
Great to see Tippy and Kempd.missed you both...................like everyone else sorry your leg is giving you problems Tip.I will keep you in my prayers!

The grandaughters spent the night. I took them swimming last night and before noon today.yeah............this is the first FUN day we have had so far this summer! We ate lunch on the deck that overlooks the lake by the pool....lovely summer day! They are gone now and I am picking up the house a bit....so nice to have a regular good old day at home!

Great to see everyone again!

Have a great one!

Cin
Old 06-19-2003, 03:04 PM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

at my old pals.
Sorry about the damned hospital, Tip. Somehow I don't think it will slow you down much.
Old 06-19-2003, 04:11 PM   #14  

Take care of yourself Tippy.. do what the doctor's say and rest!!
Old 06-19-2003, 04:29 PM   #15  
CIN

Default hey!

Hey Linda T & Ruth XXX
So good to see you all..........................pop in chat tonight and say hello.I will check in about 10-10:30 Ky time!
Glad to know you are alive and well!
Cin
Closed Thread